Photo

Screenshot of the Week 593

Jared Sheik Ganondorf Joelmacool Naru

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 593 (43 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

Jared

Jared.png

I hope I look nice enough to meet the king...

Sheik

Sheik.png

Ganondorf

Ganondorf.png

Calling fourth Farore, god of courage! May you bless my blade with your power!

Joelmacool

Joelmacool.png

Sneak peak for my Random Themed Contest!

Naru

Naru.png

#2 Quanta

Quanta

King of Thieves

• Members

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

Hold on... is that the same quest file as last week?
real original, ganondorf..

#3 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:51 AM

Jared - I'm sure that you will look nice enough to meet the your majesty. This screenshot has some nice details on transitions and an overall brilliant scenery. I like this very much.

Sheik - Wow. That's a really good waterfall with transitions and no cuts. Really good GB-Styled screenshot.

Ganondorf - Link seems to be bigger than his small sword. And I see an overlay of a skull rock combo. Overall it looks nice.

Joelmacool - I think Lava should be red than brown. I think it's a bit like chocolate for me. Sorry for these words. This screenshot is okay.

Naru - Seems to be set in a dark theme with scattered and not properly organized graves. But it still a good one.

Well, according to my screenshot reviews. My vote goes to Jared for this best interior-styled SOTW. Keep up the good work Jared and the other guys.

• Jared likes this

#4 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:16 AM

I voted Jared, his shot screams Spirit Tracks to me for some reason and it definitely has a castle feel to it.

Sheik's is nice. I don't like the waterfall overlaying the shallow water as it looks very odd to me. I'm also not a fan of the palette but otherwise it's nicely designed.

Joelmacool's looks nice, being a temple in a cave it also looks fairly unique. Now that I look at it more, I'm not too big of a fan on the walls-to-darkness transitions, at least as is. You should work more on improving it perhaps.

Ganondorf's is structurally good, but a bit on the barren side when it comes to details. A bit more context on how you enter the screen would be great too, otherwise it left me puzzled how this screen comes into play in a potential quest or cutscene.

Naru's grass looks very nice but the bush colour sticks out like a sore thumb, almost grotesquely (yellow or green instead please). I also can't tell if the doors are shutters or if they're open... Graves are "naturally" arranged too, should be more aligned.

• Jared likes this

#5 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:18 AM

Joelmacool - I think Lava should be red than brown. I think it's a bit like chocolate for me. Sorry for these words. This screenshot is okay.

It's hot chocolate. It's not lava :)

• Shane, Jared and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#6 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:12 AM

Voted for Sheik, like the screen a lot. I agree with Polaris that the waterfall looks a bit odd, but only if you look long enough at it. I have bigger problems with the stairs, they look rather flat.

@Joelmacool - I don't like the colors though it indeed is look a lot better the moment you know it is chocolate.

@Jared - I have a few issues with the tileset; the walls, the water, the carpets, the light from the windows, it look all a bit unfinished. Your colorchoices and placement are godlike though, the screen is very harmonious, would love to see what you could do wuth a better tileset.

@Polaris - didn't realize that about the doors before, still like them though. Regarding everything else - you will hate my entry for next week :D

• Jared likes this

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:36 AM

Jared - Really nice job with this screen. I love the look of this screen and it's perfect in every way. Nice job.

Sheik - Nice to see Newfirst being used again after some time. I really like how this one looks, good job.

Ganondorf - Nice throwback to ALTTP here. It's a little weird how the bridge goes onto the skull on the left side, and it looks as if there's no way out of that area (unless you fall down), which seems a bit awkward gameplay wise. Other than that, looks pretty good.

Joelmacool - Seems a little weird having a temple in a cave, but it works pretty nicely here. Pretty nice hot chocolate lava too, fits with the theme pretty nicely :P

Naru - Looks pretty good, though I agree with Shane on the doors, it's very hard to tell if they're opened or closed. The area at the top of the screen looks pretty nice, though it would be nice to have more detail on the main part of the screen (like floor borders or something that doesn't make it look so open and empty).

I voted for Jared this week.

• Shane and Jared like this

#8 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

Voted for Naru. Reminds me of GBC Zelda with a touch of Lost Isle.

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:35 PM

With 35.90% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 593 is Jared!

Jared.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Jared (14 votes [35.90%])

- Sheik (13 votes [33.33%])
- Ganondorf (5 votes [12.82%])
- Joelmacool (2 votes [5.13%])
- Naru (5 votes [12.82%])

• Naru likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jared, Sheik, Ganondorf, Joelmacool, Naru

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users