Link to the Past Mirror Item Z3 Warp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:51 AM

The Z3 mirror code is mostly done, and working. There are some known issues, and I'm not quite happy with the transition animations.

If anyone wants to try it, there is a demo quest here, and this is the script.

My goal with this, is to as closely replicate the Z3 mirror as possible, with a header that is completely modular and easy to use.

The two big, known issues are as follows:

Warping onto a combo with a 'Cave Walk Up/Down' type causes the cave animation to play. This is primarily a quest design issue, as I can forbid warping while on a combo of this type, but not onto one. Well, I can forbid it, but it would seem odd, given that normally you would be bounced after seeing the destination, and not simply given an error.

The second, is less dramatic. I need to fine-tune my solidity detection when warping, so that Link is bounced a bit more readily.

The third, and most trivial issue is that I am not yet satisfied with the animations and some special effects.

Other than this, the present example does work, the return sparkle seems to work flawlessly, and I could use additional testers who would want to use it in a quest.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 22 November 2016 - 11:32 AM.

#2 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:28 AM

Thank you ZoriaRPG  :bounce:

For your hard work with it.I am truly happy with it.

Edited by judasrising, 22 November 2016 - 11:29 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Link to the Past, Mirror, Item, Z3, Warp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users