Things that should never have existed

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

This is not about quests that should never have existed, try to be fair.

Now granted we all do know there are quests that should never have existed due to lack of just about anything worth calling a thing put into them, but that is not up for debate.

This topic focuses on those things included within a quests (good or bad) that's gained it's fame for the terrible crime of existing.

I'll personally admit my Temple of Coles pretty much fit this category (and how much it gives people the chills that I want to continue making them). But I'm just curious what else is out there that just should not and should never have existed.

(Please, I'll repeat, this isn't about quests, but just some random oddball things that may have appeared in a quest that you thoroughly hated).

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 26 April 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#2 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

E.T. for the Atari. Enough said.

• Demonlink and AlphaFrost like this

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

Well, if we wanna jump outside of Zelda Classic, I'd rather nominate Action 52 over E.T. Any day for how it scammed gaming in general. It was an overpriced piece of trash. The only thing that comes close too it was the Wii U. (Okay, that's just a joke!! Lol I went too far there). :)

#4 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

When there's too many like-likes and they eat your shied, in a dungeon. You'd have to be either really lucky to get by or keep purchasing a shield..

• Jared, TheLegend_njf, LinkFan212 and 1 other like this

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

When there's too many like-likes and they eat your shied, in a dungeon. You'd have to be either really lucky to get by or keep purchasing a shield..

Like Likes + Disabling Bubbles

:D

Pairing these... Should... Never... EXIST!!
  • CimFighter likes this

#6 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

I'll personally admit my Temple of Coles pretty much fit this category (and how much it gives people the chills that I want to continue making them).  [...] The only thing that comes close too it was the Wii U. (Okay, that's just a joke!! Lol I went too far there).  :)

Get out. 

Going to the forum, does Zelda CD-I count? :lol: In actual topic, I hate them wrong screens with dem tile errors and frickin grammar issues (such as myself :P ). Another thing I hate some hard dungeons with a lot of enemies and few creative ideas. And Temple of Cole of course :lol:

Edited by Demonlink, 26 April 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

Too much unnecessary forced tanking often related to narrow paths or enemy spamming excused as "challenge" when challenge had nothing to do with it.

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

Level B of Link's Quest for the Hookshot. While I still have a certain fondness for some of my less popular design decisions like Moosh's Ways, I have no remaining attachment whatsoever to that dungeon. It can go die in a fire. Levels A and C too while I'm at it. In fact, let's just burn the whole quest.

Also how about that Lens of Truth? It's partly responsible for the Temple of Cole and many other horrible things made in ZQuest because of the false expectation it creates that the player will be using it in every room. And it freaking devours magic too.

• Naru likes this

#9 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

Starting with no items in a brutal unfair (thats called a "challenge") quest.

no thanks

pass

• SUCCESSOR likes this

#10 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

Armos Mazes - They're not challenging. They're tedious as hell.

OP'ed Enemy Spam - Overuse of Death Knights, Cracktoroks, Mirror Wizzrobes, Patra 3s, Fire Gleeoks, etc. No, just no. On a related note...

OP'ed Enemies - More whoever made those enemies in 1.90. This also includes Stalfos 3s in addition to the above. For 2.50, Leever and Goriya 3s. The former can hit you even when it burrows and is so fast you're guaranteed to get hit unless you have prior knowledge of its existence and Goriya 3 can easily hit you from anywhere in the room. On another note, Summoners if you make them summon high tier enemies.

"Touhou Rooms" - In Adam's Quest, these become WAY too common in the later levels. Again, these provide no challenge, just unfair mandatory damage. Mandatory damage = bad.

3 Heart Continues - Don't give me that crap of difficulty because having to run to the nearest Fairy Fountain every time I game over or spend the next 5 minutes grinding back to full hearts is NOT difficult.

Excessive Grinding - If you have to farm up 65,535 Rupees for an optional item that will break the game, fine. But if you have to gather 500 Rupees just to buy an item needed to get into level 1, count me OUT.

Cane of Byrna - It drains magic WAY too fast. Even if it's set to use no magic at all, for me at least, I find the cane actually gets me hurt MORE than not using it.

Magic Wallet - Infinite Rupees? Really? If it actually worked as intended (unless it was fixed in 2.50 Final), it's still awesome but impractical since by the time you would realistically get it, it's useless.

Magic Key - Another awesome but impractical item. In both the 1st and 2nd quests, you don't need it if you don't unlock every single door. Now granted, I know a lot of custom quests actually give it some use, but still.

Shops that sell keys - So instead of doing the dungeon, I can just grind up Rupees and take the easy way out?

4-Way Ladder - Just seems like a gimmick if anything. Plus using this with diagonal movement is next to impossible >_<.

• ShadowTiger, strike and Jared like this

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

Shops that sell you money! :D (I'm guilty).
  • nicklegends, Demonlink and Naru like this

#12 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:41 PM

Stab.

"Corrected" slash.

• Jared and Naru like this

#13 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

Peahats...

I wonder if anybody ever filled a room full of mandatory Peahats that you had to kill. (Other than myself)

#14 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

Shops that sell you money! :D (I'm guilty).

I did that in a joke quest I made :P. Then again, I made little effort to make it a good quest. You could buy 200 Rupees for just 1 Rupee. Actually, that rule is okay if it's like Purple Rupee for 50, Silver for 100 and Gold for 200. Thus, you're wasting your time buying them since you just break even lol

EDIT: About the Peahats, I haven't, but I rarely use Peahats myself anyway.

Edited by RedmageAdam, 26 April 2014 - 11:47 PM.

#15 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

I hate Dodongos when I'm out of damn bombs!

• Naru likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users