Animate Once Combo?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:54 AM

I'd like to have a combo (a tree - with a burn flag). When Link burns it, I want it to change into an animated combo (a burning tree), which cycles to a third and final combo (an underground cave entrance).

This much I can do- the problem is when I come back to the screen (and I understand why this is) I see the animated combo appear and cycle into the final combo.

Is there a way I can set things up so the burning animation combo doesn't appear a second time?

Edited by Cukeman, 15 February 2016 - 06:17 AM.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:24 AM

What if you have the combo cycle when you enter the screen to become burnable? It can start out with inherent flag 16 but then immediately cycles to an combo with the same graphic, but inherent flag 4. This way when you first enter the screen it will use the animated combo for the burn flag, but every time after that the flag 16 will override the combo cycling, leaving just the finished state. There's no way a player can burn the tree within the first frame, so they'll never notice the combo cycled.

• Twilight Knight, Avaro and grayswandir like this

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:51 AM

What if you have the combo cycle when you enter the screen to become burnable? It can start out with inherent flag 16 but then immediately cycles to an combo with the same graphic, but inherent flag 4. This way when you first enter the screen it will use the animated combo for the burn flag, but every time after that the flag 16 will override the combo cycling, leaving just the finished state. There's no way a player can burn the tree within the first frame, so they'll never notice the combo cycled.

It took me a while to interpret that, but it worked! (after I made a minor adjustment) The thing was that the animated combo (triggered by the burn flag) wasn't playing out it's entire animation (even after checking the "Restart Animation when Cycled To" box) so I had to make the burn flag trigger a combo that immediately cycles to the animated combo (rather than directly triggering the animated combo), then it was no longer a problem.

Thanks! :D

Edited by Cukeman, 14 February 2016 - 02:18 PM.

#4 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:28 AM

I'd never think of this, that's genius and I will be using this in my own quest!

• Cukeman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users