Photo

who has beat zelda 2 the adventure of link?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:42 PM

hello my fellow zquesters,

just saying something out of the blue here, who has beaten zelda 2 the adventure of link?
i have but it is just an extremely hard and, almost impossible game.
i just want to know who has beaten it kay icon_heh.gif

#2 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

I've come close to beating it, but I used a Game Genie. Without using one, I can't even get to Mudora Palace. (Whatever the second one's called.)

#3 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE(Moo2wo @ May 2 2010, 02:12 AM) View Post

I've come close to beating it, but I used a Game Genie. Without using one, I can't even get to Mudora Palace. (Whatever the second one's called.)

Midoro Swamp icon_biggrin.gif

Whoa, it was a very late night for many many years ago, I think it was the first zelda game I played through and I wasn't so old then, maybe 10. I still remembered that I drew a map of the last dungeon, the only bothersome was to 'farm' all the magic exp to have enough for "thunder", "jump" and "shield" and still one for "life" in the last boss room. icon_smile.gif

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

I haven't beaten it, but I've gotten all the way to Thunderbird. I'm just too low leveled to beat him. I could level grind, but anybody who knows about my RPG habits knows that I never level grind.

#5 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(Moo2wo @ May 1 2010, 06:12 PM) View Post

whats a game genie? a cheating thing? well i beat it without cheating, i am awesome! i am just kidding i died like 60 times so i am not really awesome...

#6 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

I remembered now that the game glitched, maybe due to long gameplay, Link could travel in the elevator upwards right up through the roof, and appeared at the entrance stuck in the left-down corner, but I didn't lost my file. Another time I accidentally used the "fairy" magic and later found out that I was stuck, needed the sword to cut some blocks. There should had been a soft reset in that game.

..but was it hard to beat, no..., I think I had 9 or 10 for all three stats, not a big challenge.

#7 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

I've never been able to beat it without cheating when I was little. I think my copy is screwed or something, though. There's a locked door where there shouldn't be, so I can't beat the first dungeon. Plus, it doesn't like to work anyways. icon_razz.gif

#8 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

I've beaten it without a Game Genie. See, the aspect of it is that you shouldn't worry about most of the enemies (even though that means no EXP), and when you do have to attack that one that's in the way, watch it closely, as you should be able to predict it's attacks, allowing you to dodge or shield yourself from being hit. Ironknuckles are nothing once you get the idea of how they attack, and that most of the times they aren't fast enough to shield a blow right as you duck or stand up - until you get to the blue ones, which have something else up their sleeve.

#9 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

I haven't, yet. icon_wink.gif

I've never even gotten to the Great Palace. All my stats were maxed, all HCs and MCs, and all spells. In short, I suck. icon_razz.gif

I swear there will be a day I complete the game... Hopefully... icon_razz.gif

Here's a helpful tip; don't beat temples (except maybe level one) until the very end. Just gain the item you need to advance. Eventually you'll stumble across very high exp-giving monsters. Grind until you only have X total stat levels left (the max is 8 for each stat.) X is the number of temples left to beat (I think there are six in all.) This will give you the high-cost stats easily (zooming through the last levels with high stats.)

The only problem with the method, is it requires one of the following: very good gameplay skills, lots of grinding of low-level monsters, or hit and run through the game.

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

I will move this to General Entertainment. Video game discussions are considered entertainment.

I have beaten Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link several times, and via. the original NES cartridge, and I will say this: If you are having trouble with battles at any particular point, you probably need to build up your experience, so as to increase your attack power, decrease your spell costs, and decrease your life lost when you get hit. The first spell you learn is Shield. Use this on any screen where you think you will get hit a lot. Also use it whenever facing a palace boss. One you have the Life spell, use it whenever you have enough magic to restore your life. The rest of the spells have their specific uses, but Shield and Life will be the ones you will probably use the most.

#11 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ May 1 2010, 06:37 PM) View Post

I remembered now that the game glitched, maybe due to long gameplay, Link could travel in the elevator upwards right up through the roof, and appeared at the entrance stuck in the left-down corner, but I didn't lost my file. Another time I accidentally used the "fairy" magic and later found out that I was stuck, needed the sword to cut some blocks. There should had been a soft reset in that game.

..but was it hard to beat, no..., I think I had 9 or 10 for all three stats, not a big challenge.

you have not beaten this game!!! you can only go up to 8! i will never believe you again! you are a disgrace!

nah i am only kidding, but i still don't believe that you beat it because even the best video game players ever said it was the hardest,or one of the hardest games they have ever played, and they've never died on the game!

QUOTE(Daemon @ May 1 2010, 07:18 PM) View Post

I haven't, yet. icon_wink.gif

I've never even gotten to the Great Palace. All my stats were maxed, all HCs and MCs, and all spells. In short, I suck. icon_razz.gif

I swear there will be a day I complete the game... Hopefully... icon_razz.gif

Here's a helpful tip; don't beat temples (except maybe level one) until the very end. Just gain the item you need to advance. Eventually you'll stumble across very high exp-giving monsters. Grind until you only have X total stat levels left (the max is 8 for each stat.) X is the number of temples left to beat (I think there are six in all.) This will give you the high-cost stats easily (zooming through the last levels with high stats.)

The only problem with the method, is it requires one of the following: very good gameplay skills, lots of grinding of low-level monsters, or hit and run through the game.

you dont suck, its one of the hardest games ever. even I, as strange as it may seem, died like 70 times.

#12 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:29 PM

It was hard for me at first, but like many video games, if you play it enough, you will get better at it. It's not one of those games where you can expect to be good at it right away, even if you are good at every other Zelda game you have come across, since battlewise, it is all 2D sidescroller, among other differences. Once you get used to how link moves and does everything else, you can then improve your strategies against particular enemies, especially the Ironknuckles (the armored guys in the palaces).

#13 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

i know what iron knuckles are< just saying i know all the enemies names are< and i think the iron knuckles are the easiest enemies in the whole game! you just jump and hit there head until they die!

#14 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE(cremeens1000 @ May 2 2010, 03:24 AM) View Post

you have not beaten this game!!! you can only go up to 8! i will never believe you again! you are a disgrace!

You can get up to 8 magic/life containers, but the exp points aren't limited afaik, it required a bunchload of grinding though (those red axe throwers in the forest near level 6 gave 200 each in one kill if I remember right, just walk into these 'enemies' on the world map. icon_smile.gif

QUOTE(cremeens1000 @ May 2 2010, 03:24 AM) View Post

nah i am only kidding, but i still don't believe that you beat it because even the best video game players ever said it was the hardest,or one of the hardest games they have ever played, and they've never died on the game!

I haven't? Who has the burden of proof? icon_wink.gif It is very hard if you don't level-up your stats, and I died alot in the beginning, even more than in Z1. icon_wink.gif

Edited by cosmofield, 02 May 2010 - 07:20 AM.

#15 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:42 AM

It's not a matter of whether or not I've beaten it.

It's a matter of how many times. I honestly can't count them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users