Photo

Screenshot of the Week 546

Octorockoncrack Eddy Joelmacool Sparkster

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 546 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:39 PM

Apologies for the late contest everyone! Unfortunately, this means that the next Screenshot of the Month will only have three entries, but that's alright. Back to the here and now!

Eddy

Eddy.png

Level 14 - Clubstep

Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack.png

"I want to enjoy the sun's bright-gray rays, but this guy doesn't seem to want me here..."

Joelmacool

Joelmacool.png

Is this good?

Sparkster

Sparkster.png

Pixel sculpting a very own Link Island. I'm really going too far.

• Lightwulf and Joelmacool like this

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:44 PM

I like the first two quite a lot. They both present a lot of potential and considering I'm not really a fan of sidescrollers, that says a lot. I went with Eddy because it reminds me of those fun puzzle quests Avataro makes. Would be cool to play in ZC.

• Eddy and Cukeman like this

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:50 PM

It's Hybird Link! Must vote for that shot!

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:35 AM

Went with Sparkster, cause that's something I'd totally do lol. Octorockoncrack is a very close second though. I love gray scale shots. The geometry dash re-creation is cool too. I don't have much to say cause I've never played the game, but it looks interesting. Joelmacool also has a very nice looking, and very accurate MC shot. I always really loved the cliffs, and palettes in TMC. Good job to all entrants, but I went with my first impulse, cause the longer I stare, the harder of a decision it becomes.

• Eddy likes this

#5 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:25 AM

OctorockOnCrack got the vote. First, we have Link stuck in Castlevania, now we have Link stuck in Dreamland!

#6 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:10 AM

Voted Octo-something-something-for-a-name, it just hit me in a place, I love old-school Kirby. It's fun and whimsical.

Eddy's shot is also charming, although I don't get the reference.

Joelmacool's feel a bit cramped to me, even though there's an open corner; I find myself wishing the ground stretched left from the tree trunk to the next screen. There is a cliff tile error - don't feel bad though, I just spent a week figuring out how those blasted cliffs work - it takes some time.

Sparkster: Made me smile.

#7 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:43 AM

i played kirby's dream land somewhat recently.  it was somewhat of an okay game.  therefore i would like to extend my sincerest votes towards the one screen that i liked.

edit: "one screen that i liked" not to imply i didn't like any of the other screens. i liked them. but the one that i REALLY REALLY liked was the kirby one.  that one was my truest favorite

Edited by Rambly, 15 February 2016 - 06:43 AM.

#8 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:58 AM

Although I'm participating this Contest, I will be honest by voting for someone else's screenshot. And my vote goes to the Minish Cap styled screenshot from Joelmacool.

• Joelmacool likes this

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:56 AM

Eddy's shot is also charming, although I don't get the reference.

It comes from Geometry Dash, a game I've been completely addicted with recently :P

Eddy - lol u cant clubstep. pls git gud at the game m8

Octorokoncrack - Awesome shot. I've never played a Kirby game, but I can definitely see the resemblance to the game anyway. Looks really cool and I like the GB look.

Joelmacool - Very cool Minish Cap shot. Looks as if it's from the real game rather than in ZC, and there aren't many shots which do that. Good job man! Would've voted here if I wasn't in the contest.

Sparkster - Well, I definitely see where you're going here and it's looking pretty neat. Nothing much I can say though. Good pixel art :P

• Joelmacool likes this

#10 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:15 AM

I voted Joel.

• Joelmacool likes this

#11 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:43 PM

Eddy: I've really only seen geometry dash when you posted a video in chat a long time ago, but I can still tell that you did a really good job recreating the feel of the game here. Now my only question left is - Is it a mockup, or is that actually some kind of level based game that you're working on in tribute to the game?

Joel: Yes this definitely fits the definition of "good" haha. I personally do not like the look of MC tiles at all, but this screen is pretty well built! Looks like it works well for functionality purposes and it also seems to me like it's a transition screen between a village and field area. Good job here!

Sparkster: No, you haven't gone too far yet! What you have to do is make a bombable wall on his head that leads to a brain dungeon that goes inside Link's subconscious with moving jabu-jabu like walls. Then you might be in danger of going too far lol. All jokes aside, I do appreciate the pixel work here and I thought it was really cool how you incorporated the mountain tiles in it as well.

It's Hybird Link! Must vote for that shot!

Can someone please tell me why everyone likes to hate on hybrid Link? I honestly don't see any better tiles of Link out there lol.

All in all, I want to give one of the other entries my vote, but you guys aren't making it easy as to which I should pick haha. I honestly think I'm going to give my vote to Sparkster, because I'm really surprised that this is the first time I'm seeing a shot like this.

Edited by Octorockoncrack, 15 February 2016 - 10:49 PM.

• Eddy likes this

#12 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:49 PM

Octorockoncrack's screen feels really pleasant and homey, despite being monochrome. This is where my vote went.

#13 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:59 AM

Eddy: I've really only seen geometry dash when you posted a video in chat a long time ago, but I can still tell that you did a really good job recreating the feel of the game here. Now my only question left is - Is it a mockup, or is that actually some kind of level based game that you're working on in tribute to the game?

This is just a mockup, I'm not even sure if I can recreate Geometry Dash on ZC. Would be incredibly amazing if it could be done though.

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:15 PM

With 50.00% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 546 is Octorockoncrack!

Octorockoncrack.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Eddy (3 votes [6.25%])

- Octorockoncrack (24 votes [50.00%])
- Joelmacool (16 votes [33.33%])
- Sparkster (5 votes [10.42%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Octorockoncrack, Eddy, Joelmacool, Sparkster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users