Another Land (not generic at all)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:27 PM

Hey! It's been a while without updates, but I assure you, lots of progress has been made. I've finished the entirety of The Thickwood (which is a lot, I'm serious), and I'm working on the dungeon now. However, I need a bit of help from you guys.

LUGQm5T.png

StNQF0E.png

What kind of music do you think would fit this dungeon? I can't find a decent-sounding OoT Forest Temple midi, and that was the only idea I had. Any help appreciated!

If you're wondering why "Thickruins" doesn't have any spaces, it's because that's kind of this forest's thing. The names of the three areas in it are all plays on the first (Thickwood, Thickmaze, Thickruins). I think it's a cool idea, but that's just me.

Also, you might notice that there's grass tiles now! I made them myself, and I'm really proud of them. It really does break up the monotony of the overworld, and the whole Thickwood would look terrible without it. I've also made a bone and a skull sprite for the Chasm Depths that I might use in other places.

Well, that's it from me! Bye.

Edited by Bombos, 10 February 2017 - 04:49 PM.

• Mibbitable likes this

#17 lincolnpepper

lincolnpepper

epic gamer

• Members

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

ey, this looks cool. ive followed this topic ;D

you can use wav files, then when uploading put the game and the wav files into a zip folder. make sure they are at the location it would be looking for int he game when you extract the zip file. i have no clue what music you could use other than that tho. ill try to make something, see if you like it?

#18 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:50 PM

ey, this looks cool. ive followed this topic ;D

you can use wav files, then when uploading put the game and the wav files into a zip folder. make sure they are at the location it would be looking for int he game when you extract the zip file. i have no clue what music you could use other than that tho. ill try to make something, see if you like it?

Hey, thanks!

I was thinking more along the lines of music suggestions from other video games, but if you want to make a song, go right ahead!

#19 lincolnpepper

lincolnpepper

epic gamer

• Members

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:44 PM

done

https://www.noteflig...ca7884f8e3c520f

the play button is in the top left, but you wouldve figured that out. just making sure.

the beginning is kinda weird, but i think it would work. i understand if your answer is no, cause its not the best you can probably get. but if the answer is yes:

in the toolbar, click the cloud with the down arrow and click midi to download it.

also, i dont pay 7 dollars a month for good sounds, so the sounds are kinda low quality, but it doesnt matter cause your getting it as a midi file anyway.

you might wanna download it as a wav tho, cause in midi it mixes up the sounds.

but it doesnt sound bad as piano.

#20 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:51 PM

done

https://www.noteflig...ca7884f8e3c520f

the play button is in the top left, but you wouldve figured that out. just making sure.

the beginning is kinda weird, but i think it would work. i understand if your answer is no, cause its not the best you can probably get. but if the answer is yes:

in the toolbar, click the cloud with the down arrow and click midi to download it.

also, i dont pay 7 dollars a month for good sounds, so the sounds are kinda low quality, but it doesnt matter cause your getting it as a midi file anyway.

you might wanna download it as a wav tho, cause in midi it mixes up the sounds.

but it doesnt sound bad as piano.

Damn, this sounds perfect! I'll definitely be using this! Thanks a lot!

#21 lincolnpepper

lincolnpepper

epic gamer

• Members

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

your welcome ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users