Project: "Give Us Examples Please"...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:09 AM

This rather lame excuse for a title is a project that I'm hoping any of ZScripting's best can contribute upon. It should be a large leap forward in terms of progress in advancing the cause of educating people on how to use ZScript.

Essentially, all it really is, is an expansion of the zscript.txt file included in the latest builds. Take the following snippet:

CODE
int HP
* Link's current hitpoints, in 16ths of a heart.
We would turn that into:
int HP
--EXAMPLE--
int HP = 64;
if (Link->HP >= Link->MaxHP) ...
* Link's current hitpoints, in 16ths of a heart.
(Of course, this example is off the top of my head, and isn't at all practical in any way, shape, or form.)

We would just be adding little situational uses for each term used so people wouldn't have to wonder "... Okay, now what do I do with this and how do I use it?" It's certainly not a full entire step forward in the process, but every little bit helps.

So what do you say? Do any able-minded fellows knowledgeable about ZScript feel like stepping up to provide their various creative inputs on the matter and form little examples of how each bit of code is used? Obviously, it'd be a HUGE benefit to the community, and we could very well see this as one of any number of foundations in getting the entire community able to script, and show us how remarkable their abilities, once unleashed, really are.

EDIT: I'm not going to quote the entire zscript.txt file. icon_razz.gif It's far too large. You can find it in a somewhat updated form, I think, Here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users