• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Feb 22 2007, 08:04 AM) View Post
Well, I know we can make custom counters. Problem is, I don't know WHEN. So... I'll have to ask at AGN first, okay? icon_wink.gif

Hmm... "When"? I'm not quite sure what you're saying. But I hope you'll try to do it. icon_smile.gif So don't forget to ask at AGN... please?...

#32 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Feb 25 2007, 02:41 PM) View Post

Hmm... "When"? I'm not quite sure what you're saying. But I hope you'll try to do it. icon_smile.gif So don't forget to ask at AGN... please?...

I did, but someone replied saying "I could've SWORN I had more than one piece of bait one time", or something like that. Could you check for me or something?

Linkus, no. Neither ZScript NOR ZASM can increase your defense or offense yet. Can't modify knockback, either. See, if I made those scripts, they'd have to work as such:

They automatically give you the item that would double your offense/defense, that is if you have no ring, Guardian Acorn would give you Blue Ring (Red Ring if Blue Ring has already been acquired), and Piece of Power would give you the White Sword if you have Wooden and Master Sword if you have White.... In other words, you can only give out two swords and one or two of the Rings if you use the items. The rings aren't that big of a deal, but the Swords ARE. Plus, it'd mess everything up badly. So that's a no on those. But you can already fake them- For Piece of Power, warp to another map and stuff, place a Misc. Item where you warped from, and make the player warp to that spot. With 16c and above, you can make exact copies of each enemy to where they have half their normal HP, to make it seem like you got stronger. Guardian Acorn, same way, but instead halve their attack power. Simple, no? I kinda faked the item in my last demo of Nayru's Quest/Azure Star. icon_wink.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, Radien, what I meant by "when" is, I know that the devs plan to allow us to make our own custom counters. The problem is, they have yet to say if they've added that feature yet or not, so I don't know if they have....

Edited by Matthew, 25 February 2007 - 03:43 PM.

#33 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:50 PM

I just had an interesting idea to "replace" the bow and arrow. (Well, technically just the arrow. icon_blah.gif ) It basically works by firing a "laser" (The arrow.) across the screen in the direction that Link fires it. If it's aligned with Link in that direction, it checks for any enemies within 24 pixels of that line perpendicular to it, and damages them for [VARIABLE] amount of damage. That's it in a nutshell really.

#34 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Feb 25 2007, 05:50 PM) View Post

I just had an interesting idea to "replace" the bow and arrow. (Well, technically just the arrow. icon_blah.gif ) It basically works by firing a "laser" (The arrow.) across the screen in the direction that Link fires it. If it's aligned with Link in that direction, it checks for any enemies within 24 pixels of that line perpendicular to it, and damages them for [VARIABLE] amount of damage. That's it in a nutshell really.

Well, do you want it to affect all enemies? I'll think about this one. icon_wink.gif

#35 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:08 PM

That's the part I'm not really sure about. I suppose it'd naturally be up to the discretion of the quest author. icon_shrug.gif Eh, you could always disable that particular item via the Dmap flags menu. Doesn't NEED to be a bow. It can be some sort of laser, of course.

#36 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Feb 25 2007, 02:18 PM) View Post

Can't be done using Item Scripts. You'd have to USE the item first, and then there's no way to make a true timer without freezing all other game action... Sorry. You can do this with FFC scripts, though....

It's possible if the item triggers a global script. I recall that DarkSywndir (Spelling?) on AGN made a "Dark Link Form" that temporarily gave you a Red Ring and drained your mp at the same time using a global script.

Edited by Fire Wizzrobe, 25 February 2007 - 06:24 PM.

#37 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Feb 25 2007, 12:41 PM) View Post
I did, but someone replied saying "I could've SWORN I had more than one piece of bait one time", or something like that. Could you check for me or something?

Umm... well, the thing is, that's not the way bait works. You can use it multiple times, but that doesn't mean it keeps track of how many you have. You always have 1 or 0. If you use the bait on a normal screen, it will stay there until you leave the screen, attracting monsters according to their hunger level, but never disappearing.

If you use it on a screen with the "hungry Goriya" screen flag checked, however, it makes your Bait disappear permanently (until you buy another one). What I'd like is for this to decrease your Bait by "1," and to allow you to have more than 1 to begin with.

Cancelling or changing the other uses of the Bait item is unnecessary, since I can achieve that effect easily without scripts.

I'll poke around the menus to see whether there's anything I'm missing...

QUOTE(Matthew @ Feb 25 2007, 12:41 PM) View Post
Edit: Oh yeah, Radien, what I meant by "when" is, I know that the devs plan to allow us to make our own custom counters. The problem is, they have yet to say if they've added that feature yet or not, so I don't know if they have....

Well, uh, I don't know how to check this. icon_shrug.gif Have they specified the commands necessary to script this? If they have, then theoretically you would be able to test to see if it works, I suppose...

#38 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(Fire Wizzrobe @ Feb 25 2007, 06:22 PM) View Post

It's possible if the item triggers a global script. I recall that DarkSywndir (Spelling?) on AGN made a "Dark Link Form" that temporarily gave you a Red Ring and drained your mp at the same time using a global script.

The problem is, I don't know how Global Scripts work. I mean, I would LIKE to have one that only activates at a certain time, but I have no idea how that would work. Then there would be, what if I had a Global script I wanted to run all throughout the quest? How would I do THAT?

#39 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:47 PM

I like the laser idea, but what about a toothpaste laser? Basically meaning, what if the laser can be extended by holding down the button? Similar to the Gradius laser.

(Link)..... (enemy)

(Link)o_____ ........(enemy)

(Link)o___________ ........(enemy)

(Link)o_______________(enemy)

(Link)o ....________(enemy)

(Link)o ........___(enemy)

(Link) .......*(dead enemy)*

Edited by Old-skool, 26 February 2007 - 04:49 PM.

#40 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(Old-skool @ Feb 26 2007, 04:47 PM) View Post

I like the laser idea, but what about a toothpaste laser? Basically meaning, what if the laser can be extended by holding down the button? Similar to the Gradius laser.

(Link)..... (enemy)

(Link)o_____ ........(enemy)

(Link)o___________ ........(enemy)

(Link)o_______________(enemy)

(Link)o ....________(enemy)

(Link)o ........___(enemy)

(Link) .......*(dead enemy)*

Sigh.... Item scripts can't use Waitframe, thus if I had a check for holding down the button, it'd loop endlessly until you let go, and everything else is frozen.... If this could be worked using Item scripts, someone PLEASE explain to me how to use them....

Oh, and by the way, for safety reasons, please direct all your suggestions to my PM box. Thank you. icon_smile.gif

#41 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Feb 26 2007, 10:16 PM) View Post

Oh, and by the way, for safety reasons, please direct all your suggestions to my PM box. Thank you. icon_smile.gif

Safety reasons? Dude, the world won't end if someone else makes the script.

#42 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE(Limzo @ Mar 4 2007, 06:41 AM) View Post

Safety reasons? Dude, the world won't end if someone else makes the script.

Eh, true. I posted that back when Revfan was acting like he was SO much better with scripts than I am simply because he's using ZASM...

#43 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:07 PM

Dude, just make it like a hookshot only it can do about Magic sword damage to enemies and go through them. It doesn't have to kill them when it pierces.

#44 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE(Old-skool @ Mar 4 2007, 07:07 PM) View Post

Dude, just make it like a hookshot only it can do about Magic sword damage to enemies and go through them. It doesn't have to kill them when it pierces.

But here's the problem: You can't change how much damage it does to enemies. Sure, I can subtract HP from enemies, but it'd be tedious to try to figure out what position the enemy you target is in on the screen's enemy list! Sigh... I'll work on this later. (And quit expecting me to just say yes to any of your ideas, okay?) I just got back from Atlanta, and I'm a bit tired, okay?

#45 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:30 PM

um, if you're scripting it, I think you CAN determine damage done.

but it'd be tedious to try to figure out what position the enemy you target is in on the screen's enemy list

...what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users