Item-2: Shovel

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:57 PM

Look at my edited post. Has the solidity issue been confirmed to be a bug yet?

#17 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:38 PM

Ah. XD Don't sweat it. Now.... What solidity issue are you talking about?

#18 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:54 PM

ComboS[] would screw me up by making everthing solid or non-solid. It could be that I wasn't using it right too, but that function is pretty weird.

#19 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(Fire Wizzrobe @ Feb 10 2007, 06:54 PM) View Post

ComboS[] would screw me up by making everthing solid or non-solid. It could be that I wasn't using it right too, but that function is pretty weird.

Yeah, you probably weren't. I'd gladly help you with it in a PM. icon_wink.gif

#20 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:09 AM

Playing with the code, we can make different level of spades... Level 1 is which digs only 5 walkable and 3 unwalkable, while level 2 shovel is which can dig every but 5 walkable (plus that 3 unwalkable). It can be used as Magical Powder (LttP), too! Remember how it turned the bushes into trunk? If only the enemies would be affected by this script... turning like-likes into gels...

I will definitaly use this script if I ever make a quest.

#21 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:54 AM

Guys, I have bad news:

I FORGOT TO ADD THE ITEM/ENEMY CREATION ROUTINE!!!

But don't worry, I'm working on that now! However... I need to know how the command "int Rand(int maxvalue)" works....

#22 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:28 PM

Ok, I just remembered that too! icon_xd.gif That would be very helpful.
Oh, I figured out some ways I could actually use this as a useful item in my quest. You know how in LA you had to use a specific item to awaken the flying cucco? (I think that's what you had to do...) Well, instead of using whatever item that was, I could use the shovel to dig up a warp tile in front of the rooster's grave. I don't exactly know how I'm going to make it make sense that there's a warp in front of the grave of a rooster, but I'm working on it. icon_razz.gif

#23 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:34 PM

Actually, I'm working on the item-and-enemy creation routine right now. I also plan to make special combos for digging up one-time-only items, like Pieces of Heart.... icon_biggrin.gif

As for what awoke the Rooster, that was Magic Powder. You can use this Shovel script as Magic Powder if you modify it a bit....

#24 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:20 PM

The Ocarina awoke the rooster.

#25 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(Blackdrake1 @ Feb 13 2007, 06:20 PM) View Post

The Ocarina awoke the rooster.

Oh, right. XD Frog Song of Soul awoke the Rooster.

#26 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:54 PM

Then I'll replace the Frog song with the shovel. See? Everything can work itself out. icon_razz.gif

Oh, I think I found a bug with the script... It seems to think that a combo that is partially solid is not solid. So if I have a diagonal mtn tile like in LoZ, it would be able to dig it up. icon_frown.gif

#27 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Feb 13 2007, 10:54 PM) View Post

Then I'll replace the Frog song with the shovel. See? Everything can work itself out. icon_razz.gif

Oh, I think I found a bug with the script... It seems to think that a combo that is partially solid is not solid. So if I have a diagonal mtn tile like in LoZ, it would be able to dig it up. icon_frown.gif

Ah. >_< I guess I should check for ANY solidity. >_< Well, since I'm working on the item/enemy creation routine, I might as well do that, too. icon_wink.gif

#28 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:08 PM

Ok, cool. I'm sorry for all the trouble you have to go through with this. icon_frown.gif But who knows? Maybe in a future version, the devs will add this and your Cane of Somaria to ZC offically. icon_razz.gif ...With tweaking, of course, to work with misc sprites and stuff.

#29 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Feb 13 2007, 11:08 PM) View Post

Ok, cool. I'm sorry for all the trouble you have to go through with this. icon_frown.gif But who knows? Maybe in a future version, the devs will add this and your Cane of Somaria to ZC offically. icon_razz.gif ...With tweaking, of course, to work with misc sprites and stuff.

Nah, I asked one of the devs in chat about that, and they mentioned the thing about making all the items into scripts.... So in other words, there's a slim to none chance of my scripts gettings put into ZC officially. icon_unsettled.gif

#30 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:16 AM

Oh, just forget this. I keep messing this up somehow. >_<

The newest version of the Shovel script is here. It can create items and a few enemies, and you can get it here. It can create the following items and enemies:

-Heart
-Rupee (1)
-Rupee (5)
-Rupee (200) -Rare
-Rope
-Rope 2 -Rare

....And you are welcome to change these values. You may see that I have pre-defined variables. Those were for my test quest, so please, change them for your OWN uses. Also, I set up a special combo that you can dig in to get something other than what the normal ground would give you. No items or enemies from that.... I set up 4 combos, actually. Combo 1 is for making something like Stairs, while 2-4 are for digging up super-special items. I have yet to make code for that because I need to find a way to make that kind of secret one-time only. Get it once, you can't get it again. If you have an idea that doesn't involve the Secret Flags, LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY! Thank you. icon_smile.gif Enjoy. Big thanks to Koopa for solving my problems with Rand() and fixing up little bits of my script. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users