• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zerro

Zerro

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:41 PM

Greetings everyone,

My player starts out with 0-bomb capacity and within the first dungeon, they get a bomb bag which increases capacity to 8.

Data:

--- Level: 2

--- Increase Amount: 0

Pickup:

--- Increase Amount: 8

--- Increase Counter Max: 8 But not above: 99

I want to make it so that throughout the quest, the player can find Bomb Bag Upgrades that increase the capacity (+2) every time they find the item. I was wondering how I would edit the item to make this possible as well as make it so the Bomb Bag icon doesn't change. Would the item stack if picked up multiple times?

Also, does this method also work for Quiver upgrades?

Thanks for the help

#2 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:48 PM

All the things you want to do are possible using the item editor, did you try looking into the tool tips that are available in the editor? Most of the things are straight forward.

For a theoretical bomb/quiver carry capacity just make a dummy item (it can be any item class but I'd recommend using one of the custom item classes). You only need to bother with graphics for it as well as having the counter max increase by the desired amount, and of course selecting what counter reference you want to use. (In this case bombs or arrows).

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:40 PM

I actually scripted something to make an item with a definite size to the increase a while back. (Because the item editor version of getting things confused me.)

Here's the script. It plays messages too and can be used for tracking how many of the game's overall items you've collected.

Item pack

The best way to make this work is to set the initial maximum of all counters to zero and have the Super Bomb ratio be 1. (So mucking around with them won't interfere with the engine.) If you really want to force the values of the counters to zero without even messing with the Game's Init data, create a global Init script that sets Game->MCounter for those things to zero. You can always modify it later.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bomb bag, upgrade, item editor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users