Photo

Let's Script Content Poll

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Please select NO MORE than TWO.

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What topic do you want me to cover?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:33 AM

Here's a chance for you to indicate what you want out of a Let's Script stream. Vote, and if you select 'other', please indicate your choice in a post. Feel free to explain what you want out of this.

Please indicate also the days, and times (don't forget your time zone), for your availability to participate.

This is still very much an experiment, and hosting this routinely will be based on feedback, and interest.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 24 January 2017 - 06:35 AM.

#2 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:46 AM

[X]: Laser-Death-Cannon-Gleeok.

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:59 AM

Be careful what you request.

Oh, but Gleeok neck movement? ugh.

I played with a custom Gleeok npc in the past, and getting the necks to behave as I wanted, while it was moving, and doing other things, was a nightmare. You want Moosh trig. It's a good thing. I also tried me hand at a patra that wrapped the screen, and I wasn't sure how to handle its orbits rolling between screen edges (and I eventually want to put this behaviour in the engine? What's in this pack of cigarettes? Extra Tetramethrin flavour plus? ). 

I might do a laser death canon gohma at some point. :P

#4 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:20 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Alucard648, 24 January 2017 - 07:21 AM.

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:55 PM

So, there are fifteen members voting, and only...five? that said they were interested???

It would be nice if anyone interested stated so, and also told me what days and times they are available to attend.

I might determine scheduling around the audience, as I'm doing this for you, not for me.

Also, I will possibly be using the votes to determine the content, when the streams start. That is, if the participants voted for X, Y, I will use that; not merely the popular vote, so that it's whatever the people watching wanted, unless there are too many participants for that to work.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 25 January 2017 - 12:56 PM.

#6 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

I'd like to watch, but I'm only available for viewing from Friday to Sunday.

I voted for script drawing things, especially bitmaps; because that's the spot where I've had the least amount of success.

For example, could one store all the combos on a screen into an array; along with their CSets, render that on a bitmap and then render that back to the screen? Would that count as one draw command, or whatever number that was used to make the bitmap? I have specific uses for this kind of knowledge which would make certain tasks loads easier.

#7 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:33 PM

I'd like to watch, but I'm only available for viewing from Friday to Sunday.

I voted for script drawing things, especially bitmaps; because that's the spot where I've had the least amount of success.

For example, could one store all the combos on a screen into an array; along with their CSets, render that on a bitmap and then render that back to the screen? Would that count as one draw command, or whatever number that was used to make the bitmap? I have specific uses for this kind of knowledge which would make certain tasks loads easier.

Every draw in a frame is counted, so each combo drawn uses a draw. The bitmap to the screen does the same, but you can stage it over multiple frames. Draw to the bitmap in one frame, and render the bitmap to the screen in the next.

DrawComboArray(int layer, int combos[], int positions[], int csets[]) is planned for 2.54, for this type of application. :)

• ywkls likes this

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:16 AM

How are your weekends, Mr. Zoria? Also, what is your time zone? That may help with coordination of activities.

I'm available most of Saturday and Sunday, and some of Friday nights, Eastern Time zone. I'll bet weekends will tend to be the most convenient for folks.

I'm honestly happy to watch just about anything. I'm very interested in watching how some formulas are made, such as how certain things would follow sine-curves and other fun movement patterns, and in making enemy / link weapons that are super-interesting. Something like not having to assign each individual fireball to an FFC to have it move around the screen.

#9 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:04 PM

Hmm... How does, tentatively,  Friday at 9PM EST sound? I'm on GMT, but I have a chaotic schedule, and I'd rather slot it around the audience, than my own petty needs.

I often say that I use Saerosian Imperial Time (a 56-span day, roughly equal to 28.5 hours), and typically I'm awake for 22 to 36 hours at a time, sleep for a few, and repeat. I've had terrible insomnia for decades.

The channel, is here: http://www.hitbox.tv/ZoriaRPG

I also have no idea if a scripting stream announcement, weekly, should be here, in Scripting Discussion, or in the Streams board. It seems like one of those automatically crossed-topics. I'll let the site staff decide where it belongs, and I'll post a cross-link either to this thread from the streaming forum, or from this thread to a thread in the streaming forum, based on their decision.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 26 January 2017 - 06:59 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#10 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

Darn, won't be able to make it this week. That's fine though, next time!

#11 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:38 AM

As far as live audience goes, can't you save video streams to an archive on hitbox? I know Lunaria's channel has a huge stream archive, though I don't know if you need different kinds of accounts. I mean, not to dismiss the helpfulness of real-time feedback, but for people who can't make the stream for whatever reason, it can still be archived for later viewing, no?

And as per the poll, I suppose "basic" is as good a place to start as any, especially if you do eventually end up having a large video archive and people want to start viewing from the beginning.

#12 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:57 PM

The stream is ready, for anyone who plan to participate.

#13 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:04 AM

I'm not going to lie: This was a train-wreck. For the first three hours, no-one who claimed to be interested attended. Then, those who did were primarily the members of the ZScript Skype Group, to chat as we normally do.

I'll give this three chances, starting with next week.

Is this time slot what you want?

To all interested users: Please indicate the preferred day and time that you would be able to attend, on a weekly basis, else this will go no-where, and I may as well not do it.

I'm not even certain that I want to post the video of this, but I may, as a thing of its own, as I did stream Zeldawok in 2.54 for a while, we discussed various topics, and I did begin a script, ran into a technical issue with font size rendering, and by the time I resumed, I was exhausted and nothing happened.

Here is the unfinished script output.

This is a 2.54, or 2.50.3RC2+ / 2.51 / 2.6 or some other undecided version number, script. I will likely finish it, and the specified intent is as follows:

An item script, for a projectile bomb weapon, that exists for as long as the player holds down the button item. When in use, the player may slightly control its trajectory with the D-Pad. Because of font rendering / video output issues, I paused writing this, and by the time I resumed, the group discussion had shifted to ZC source matters, so I had a bit of fun with the code.

Greyswandir set the script intent in the Hitbox chat. If there were users in the chat that did not all, already know how to make this sort of thing, I would have finished it, and we would have a video on that subject, but given the crowd, it was far less important to properly do a 'Let's Script' session, than to work out all of the video issues so that next time, there will be none.

For those curious, one viewer was unable to read the output text, and others had difficulty without using fullscreen display, which renders chat useless. This should not be an issue, next time. In the interim, please try to help me with this scheduling. The day and time, is far less important to me, than it is likely to be to you.

For anyone wanting something to watch, here is a stream (we'll call it, 'Let's Script #0'), with ShadowBlitz15, in which I construct a script for him by request, that allows the user to set up timed trigger combos -- pressure plates, in this case -- that trigger another combo change event:

Script | Unencoded Quest

I will put this one in the database in the near future.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 28 January 2017 - 02:18 AM.

#14 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:19 AM

Thank you for the links. I kept trying to visit the stream site but the page never loaded for me. I figured they were having issues on their end so I kept trying, but to no avail.

Regardless, thank you very much for the efforts. ^-^

#15 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:29 AM

Hitbox used to blacklisted for malicious ads by adblockers. Just throwing that out there. I don't know if it's the site that caused problems but it's worth looking at.

...Just tried, can't access it at all right now. A little late for your stream, but maybe you just have bad timing. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users