What did you accomplish in ZC today?

• Please log in to reply
4954 replies to this topic

#3946 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

Made a rolling head. Or to be more precise, Links severed Head that can roll around and also make great rocks (the enemy type).
... only that I will never use it :)

Also found some messed up and unfinished Zelda-Sprites and some rotten bait on an old DoR-file.

#3947 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

I accomplished DayDay yesterday. Quest is so hilarious and amazing. It is a joke quest, but it made me laugh really hard. Fun playing it.

#3948 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

Earlier this week, I discovered Ctrl+M not only pastes combos so that screen designs/aliases/door sets update to the new combo number, but that it also pastes tiles so that the combos update to the new tile number.

Spent the last 3 days rearranging my tiles.

Probably have another 2 to go.

It's rather painful when there's only a few open pages in the entire set. Little scratch space to reorganize, constantly swapping pages back and forth to place sections in proper order, etc.

But, so much better than manually editing each combo to select a new tile. That would be a year-long project if not for this.

#3949 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:15 PM

Because I wanted to test myself, I did some preliminary work on this...

olkG63l.png

Yes, that is an actual in-game screen shot.

The bottom is cut off because of the size restrictions of the screen. The map shown can be adjusted by pressing left, right, up or down. I intend to add an icon to show your present location eventually.

As of the moment, it doesn't alter whenever you visit a room or obtain an item. I also intend to tie it into the Map Stations in the game in some fashion.

I know ZoriaRPG offered a map script, but until that's ready; I'll go with second best.

• judasrising, Shane, Matthew and 1 other like this

#3950 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:31 AM

Because I wanted to test myself, I did some preliminary work on this...

olkG63l.png

Yes, that is an actual in-game screen shot.

The bottom is cut off because of the size restrictions of the screen. The map shown can be adjusted by pressing left, right, up or down. I intend to add an icon to show your present location eventually.

As of the moment, it doesn't alter whenever you visit a room or obtain an item. I also intend to tie it into the Map Stations in the game in some fashion.

I know ZoriaRPG offered a map script, but until that's ready; I'll go with second best.

Very impressive work .i like the direction the file is taking, so showing the mapstations and items on the map is a great feature to it.

• ywkls likes this

#3951 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:18 PM

rotten.png?raw=1

The rotten flesh I mentioned, though my attempts to edit a Zelda sprite honestly look far less appetizing in my eyes. Don't think anyone has use for this chaos, but before throwing it away... the cloaked Sprite is from the database.

walls.png?raw=1

Another failed try making different walls for firebird. Looks compliceted and indeed is far from being practical.

rhead.png?raw=1

And even more nonsense. As rocks/boulders they don't look that bad, but where could they ever fit?

• Jenny and Jared like this

#3952 CimFighter

CimFighter

CimFam/Writer

• Members

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

Nothing significant, just simply completed Outlands map/dungeons on Randomizer Returns for the first time. Went twice as long compared to my best run on the 1st quest settings.

#3953 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:42 AM

I made a buttload of progress on Another Land. I designed two dungeons and a decent chunk of the overworld. Pretty proud of myself, even if the dungeons could be considered as somewhat lackluster, though I think they're pretty good,

Edited by Bombos, 11 February 2017 - 06:42 AM.

#3954 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

I finished, then began balancing, a superboss I've been working on for the past week or so. It clocks in at over 3,000 lines of code, though a lot of that is commented out scraps from attacks that didn't work or bits of Moosh code that I thought I could salvage but gave up on. Boy does it feel good to have that done.
  • Shane, Eddy, Aevin and 1 other like this

#3955 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:39 AM

Quest progress has been going at a snail's pace, but I finally decided to open up ZQuest again today. I made the interior for one of the Dock Rental buildings that will eat away at players rupees, and other than that, I added scenery to some incomplete screens and added some general fixes. As for dungeons, I have barely started working on them yet. That will be the main goal after completing a fully functional overworld.

• Omega likes this

#3956 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:00 AM

Created a first draft of sprites for Zero Suit Samus. Please note that these are based off of some custom sprites from Spriter's Resource, rather than any existing game. The sprites are a work in progress. (I'm not particularly satisfied with how her legs turned out.)

9WuVjsA.png

If any one wants to help improve them, I'd be open to suggestions.

• Jared likes this

#3957 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

For comparison, the sprites for Samus in the Zero Suit (as seen in Metroid: Zero Mission) with a more authentic feel.

However, the size of the source material is different; making it harder to fit. (And in some cases impossible.)

2WCd4Ed.png

So, which is better?

• Anthus likes this

#3958 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

I like the hair better on the first one, but the second one has better proportions. I'd try to take the head from 1, and the body from 2, and combine them somehow. Also, the palette on 1 is better, imo.

Edit: Actually.. The more I look at it, I like the first set better. They have more character, and less of a "Hey I was ripped straight from the gba game" look.

#3959 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:11 AM

I like the hair better on the first one, but the second one has better proportions. I'd try to take the head from 1, and the body from 2, and combine them somehow. Also, the palette on 1 is better, imo.

Edit: Actually.. The more I look at it, I like the first set better. They have more character, and less of a "Hey I was ripped straight from the gba game" look.

True on that second point, although that's the idea.  :bounce:

If I had to choose, it'd be a weird combination of the two like you suggested. Technically, the custom sprite's a redo of some from Final Fantasy 6, though that may be hard to tell. (I didn't create them, but I recognize the style.)

I agree on the hair and design of the gun from the first being better than the second. The legs (especially crouch mode) of the second are superior in my opinion. When I made my last batch of sprites for this, I did a hodgepodge of things all mashed together so that it worked somehow.

Keep in mind that this feature is being added for the purpose of recreating some of the segments from other games or including similar things in new ones. So a bit of similarity is expected.

#3960 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

Alright, I tried to combine the two images as suggested and I'm really pleased with how they turned out. Not all are consistent, but it is enough so that I can ignore what's wrong. Here's the result.

nciGOwh.png

Now, if I can fix the Gravity Suit sprites and make some for the Varia Suit; all my character sprites for this project will be done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users