How To:

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 DaLink

DaLink

These are my work clothes.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

So, in Ocarina of Time King Dodongo rolled in the beginning of the battle in OOT. You can actually do the same thing using ZC magic.

Method 1 (OOT Vanilla)- First, you need to start out with a Walking Enemy (It can be Rope) and have the HP be really high. (You can make it block all weapons if you want but it doesn't matter) Next, set the death type as Tribble. Death Attr. 1 is the enemy ID you want to set (Dodongo is 60) and Death Attr. 2 is the amount of enemies you have to set (which is 1). 

Method 2 (Other/My Way)- First, you need to start out with a Walking Enemy (It can be Rope) and set the HP to whatever you. Next, set the death type as Split on Death. Death Attr. 1 is the enemy ID you want to set (Dodongo is 60) and Death Attr. 2 is the amount of enemies you have to set (which is 1). 

There isn't a way to do it exactly like OOT when he rolls after you attack it without scripts. This is just the simplest way possible without scripts to do it. 

Edited by DaLink, 03 August 2015 - 09:24 AM.

• Lightwulf and Demonlink like this

#2 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

There isn't a way to do it exactly like OOT when he rolls after you attack it without scripts. This is just the simplest way possible without scripts to do it. 

Uhhh, isn't it possible? Just create three "Rope" enemies (Rolling Dodongo) and three normal Dodongos. Each of these are phases. Once you kill the first rolling Dodongo, it will split into the normal one. Once you kill THAT one, have it split into another Rolling Dodongo and so on. That is... if you can actually make a normal Dodongo split into another enemy. Can't recall if that's actually possible. :P

#3 DaLink

DaLink

These are my work clothes.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

Uhhh, isn't it possible? Just create three "Rope" enemies (Rolling Dodongo) and three normal Dodongos. Each of these are phases. Once you kill the first rolling Dodongo, it will split into the normal one. Once you kill THAT one, have it split into another Rolling Dodongo and so on. That is... if you can actually make a normal Dodongo split into another enemy. Can't recall if that's actually possible. :P

There's no constants for a normal dodongo to split into another enemy since the Death Attributes aren't there.

#4 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

so we need a scripted dodongo?

shame we can't have one that splits.

or do we need an enemy that acts like a dogongo but it not

#5 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

I've never used splitting enemies. I think some official Zelda games have splitting enemies, but if you deal a large enough amount of damage at once the "second" enemy doesn't appear. Is it possible to do that in ZC/ZQE?

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:39 PM

I've never used splitting enemies. I think some official Zelda games have splitting enemies, but if you deal a large enough amount of damage at once the "second" enemy doesn't appear. Is it possible to do that in ZC/ZQE?

Yes, ZC/ ZQ also does this. Hit a Zol with a Lv. 2 sword, and it will die immediately. Same for Vires. I believe it is determined by if your weapon deals at, or over their Max HP, and if it does it one-shots them, and doesn't spawn their split form. :)

Actually, after looking around in the editor, you can choose to have enemies split when hit, or upon death. The first Zelda uses "split on hit" so if the damage dealt surpasses their HP, they still die. You can make them split regardless by switching it to "split on death". Nice options. These options though, are unfortunately only available to some enemies, Dodongos not being one of them, Also, there goes my hopes of making an indestructible Digdogger, that keeps spawning itself when the whistle is used. Why would I do that? Cause I'm a bastard is why.

• Cukeman likes this

#7 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:11 PM

Actually, after looking around in the editor, you can choose to have enemies split when hit, or upon death. The first Zelda uses "split on hit" so if the damage dealt surpasses their HP, they still die. You can make them split regardless by switching it to "split on death". Nice options. These options though, are unfortunately only available to some enemies, Dodongos not being one of them, Also, there goes my hopes of making an indestructible Digdogger, that keeps spawning itself when the whistle is used. Why would I do that? Cause I'm a bastard is why.

You can choose up to 3 (4 maybe) Enemies for the digdogger to split into, and choose how many of each are spawned. So yes, you can actually do that.

#8 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:43 PM

Yes, ZC/ ZQ also does this. Hit a Zol with a Lv. 2 sword, and it will die immediately. Same for Vires. I believe it is determined by if your weapon deals at, or over their Max HP, and if it does it one-shots them, and doesn't spawn their split form. :)

This was one of the things that I loved to play with in 2.5b. I enjoyed making enemies that split on hit, with a vulnerability that instantly killed them, and I used that in a few places. Certainly not nice thing to do to a player though.

It's one of the fastest ways to max out the Screen->NPCs count though, without scripts.

• Anthus likes this

#9 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:52 AM

is there a thing "triggerd by enemy death"?

#10 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:39 PM

I set a Rope to tribble to another enemy on death, but when I went to test it, the Rope walked (slithered) around for about 2-3 seconds and then tribbled into the second enemy... I didn't even attack it, what went wrong?

Edited by Cukeman, 27 February 2016 - 04:12 AM.

#11 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:51 PM

I set a Rope to tribble to another enemy on death, but when I went to test it, the Rope walked (slithered) around for about 2-3 seconds and then tribbled into the second enemy... I didn't even attack it, what went wrong?

Tribble means that it will turn into another enemy after a few seconds. You want split on hit or split on death.

• Cukeman and Lightwulf like this

#12 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:14 PM

Is death attr. 3 the amount of time before it tribbles, or did i just imagine someone said that?

#13 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:00 PM

ZC Wiki:

Tribble: The enemy dies and creates enemies after time has passed. Death Attr. 1 determines the enemy ID, Death Attr. 2 determines the number of enemies, and Death Attr. 3 determines how long, in ticks, until the enemy tribbles.

That's only for walking enemies but this page outlines it, in better detail, and this page has a link to all enemy types, and explains what their death attributes can be. I personally found this very useful. :)

#14 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

Cool, I must have zipped right past it.

#15 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:14 PM

Tfw the ZC Wiki is actually helpful :P