Changing Zelda's Rescue Dialogue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:45 AM

I decided to replay Another Land for fun, and I realised that when you rescue Zelda, she still says "Peace finally restores to Hyrule". First, we're not in Hyrule. Second, how do I change this dialogue? It's too late for Another Land, but I want to know for another quest I'm making. I'm pretty sure it's possible, since I've seen it done in other quests.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:17 AM

Quest -> Misc Data -> End String

Then select your string. I believe the second line during the ending is a second string so you'd have to combine two strings together.

• Anthus, Lüt and Castelia like this

#3 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:23 AM

I believe the second line during the ending is a second string so you'd have to combine two strings together.

This is true.

You get one string for the main line, and the next string down displays under the final-stats box.

It doesn't matter if you link the strings with the "Next" function in the string editor. When I was adding new things to my 24-hour quest entry, I wrote a single string for the end game, then went ahead and added some more strings for some new shops I had created. Then when I beat it, the main line displayed fine, and the line below the final-stats box told me to buy meat.

So yeah, be sure you allocate a stack of two strings for your end game text.

• Anthus and Castelia like this

#4 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

Unless you really want the default ending with the credits we've all seen hundreds of times, it's also possible, with minimal scripting, to make your own ending. Basically all you need is a couple of lines to save the game and quit when your ending is over, and the rest can be done through cut-scenes using basic ZQ tricks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users