On the Green - PureZC Monthly Newsletter

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

If you check out the home page, you will notice a new site news entry.  It was suggested here by NewJourneysFire that we make better usage of the Site News portion of the main page, and we believe that this monthly newsletter is an answer to that.  It intends to bring together all parts of the site, keep people updated on what is going on, with plenty of mention of hot items in our database.  Check it out now!

This will also serve as a feedback topic regarding it.  If you have any suggestions or ideas on improving it for future issues, occurring once every month, you are encouraged to speak your mind.

• Rambly, DCEnygma, nicklegends and 10 others like this

#2 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Wow, this is really awesome! Kudos to NJF for thinking of this.  :thumbsup:

I just have an idea for this. Since I, and possibly many other people on the forums never check on the home page, maybe you can put announcements about it coming up in the Calendar. I don't know, we never use the thing, and this could be a good idea.

Anyways, love this concept, and will be reading every month!

#3 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

We've decided that we're going to try to get these out on the Sunday following the first Saturday of the month.  (So anywhere between the 2nd and 8th.)  The next issue will be released on June 8th, so look forward to it! :) I went ahead and created a calendar event for it as well.

#4 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

It's kind of eh, I mean it's sauce.

I think a cool thing would be to have interviews. The legit factor would rise tenfold or sevenfold or scorefold or something.
  • Rambly likes this

#5 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

That's really cool!

I agree that interviews would be awesome!

-Strike

#6 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

Oh, and I forgot to mention:  You can't give me all the credit for this.  I certainly got a lot of help putting this together, and future issues will continue to be a collaborative staff effort.

I did a lot of the main organization and framework and put some of the portions in there.  Aevin contributed the list of hot items and projects, improved some of my wording on things, gave a lot of input, and a few other bits.  LTM put together the random quest spotlight, choosing the random quest and writing about it, along with some suggestions.  Other staff made suggestions as well.

So a round of applause to all those who helped out!

• strike likes this

#7 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:59 PM

I'm grateful for yous choosing to showcase my project. Thank you so much!

As for the concept itself, it really is awesome. It's good to see willing, hard-working Staff members getting forum and project information out in the open as possible.

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

I'm kinda shocked my Flashback quest was randomly chosen for the Spotlight :P

But besides that, I'm loving the return of On The Green. It's always great to see Staff members do things like this, makes me find more reasons to thank them for what they've done for us on PureZC. :P

As for the interview thing other members have said, I'm kinda interested in that. I wonder how it would be done efficiently though?

#9 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

My concern about the interview idea is that it would probably be too long for something that is directly in the newsletter, and those sorts of things are not typically meant to be very short.  Another idea might be to have the interview elsewhere and have it linked to from the newsletter.  The other question though is this:  What sort of interviews would they be?  Are we interviewing a quest creator and asking them questions about the quest?  That was the first thought that popped into my mind.  I'm sure it wouldn't necessarily be limited to that.

I really like the idea, don't get me wrong.  It just needs to be executed right for this situation.

• nicklegends likes this

#10 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

an interview doesn't need to be long. maybe one standard question that everybody gets and two specific to the member being grilled.

#11 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Very nice. :)

Love the title btw Nathaniel. Go green or go home as I like to say. :D

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:19 AM

Wow! :o I just noticed this.

I really like what you guys are doing now. :)

#13 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

Are the old On The Green updates archived somewhere? :)

#14 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Wait, they used to the same thing back then? Or am I not understanding what you are saying, Avataro?

#15 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

I wasn't aware that this was ever a thing before, but if you want to see past issues later on, you can look in the site news archive on the front page. (A link is below the most current news entry).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users