The Nintendo Switch

• Please log in to reply
667 replies to this topic

#361 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:00 AM

http://www.theverge....price-announced (Price, release date)
http://www.theverge....er-new-features (joycon controller info)
http://www.theverge....t-region-locked (region locking info)

$299 USD in North America, releases March 3rd worldwide.
Region Free gaming alleged.
"1-2 Switch" game included.
Left and Right analog sticks are the same design, no shitty C-Stick crap.
When the joycon controllers are combined it looks like it might be ergonomically reasonable, unlike the Wii U gamepad controller.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 13 January 2017 - 12:12 AM.

#362 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:07 AM

So the new Zelda trailer looks totally badass. I'm finally sold on this game. Looks like I'll have to get my son a Switch for Christmas next year and get me this Zelda game. lol

• Anthus, Cukeman and Naru like this

#363 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:18 AM

I'm so excited for the new Zelda game. I'm certainly buying a Nintendo Switch when it comes out!

• Cukeman likes this

#364 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:27 AM

Breath of the Wild is a launch title. Super Mario Odyssey comes next Christmas. New IPs announced, JoyCons have motion controls, so Wii backward compatibility, or further motion game support is real (hoping for another good golf game lol). BotW trailer at the end has me pretty much breathless. And Can we talk about the new Mario? Yes. I can't even yes.

I can't right now, too hype.

#365 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:30 AM

To clarify, the Joycons have Wii Motion+ motion capabilities (accelerometer and Gyroscope)

#366 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:31 AM

I might watch it again just to make sure I got some things right, or just wait for official reports, but March 3rd, and with Zelda? Oh my God... this is good. $300 is also a good price, and no region lock! Excellent! The paid online services is a bit of a bummer... but I mean, it's pretty much standard by now, unfortunately. Maybe we'll get lucky and it's cheaper than the other consoles.

The overall presentation could have been a little better, I think. 1 2 Switch and Arms were not interesting games to start with, though I know they're trying to show off new features. But their presentations were just sorta... cringey. And so was one of the dubbers, and that weird thing with the Sega guy basically saying "Hi, I'm going to make Switch games, bye."

But it got better. Some more game discussion and more looks at games. We got the reveal of that Mario game... and it started off unexpected. When Mario hopped out of the pipe I was... confused. It's like... Sonic Adventure, but with Mario. And then it went to more Mario-esque worlds. But it's a "sandbox" game, which pleases me, and it looks very neat. The whole Bowser in a suit thing... amazing. It looks new (for Mario) as well, which I'm hyped for.

Once more, Breath of the Wild ups the ante. Amazing trailer, amazing emotion, the scope of this game looks phenomenal and I can't wait.

The biggest surprise for me though? Xenoblade 2. Side note, I really hope the "Chronicles" subtitle gets dropped in North America now because it's dumb. But still. I was surprised and amazed and I need this game now.

tl;dr I'm getting one

• Anthus and Cukeman like this

#367 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:32 AM

-(Watches the Switch Presentation, finds out about the launch date and price) $300? That price is one of the reasons why I haven't gotten a Wii U.

-(Sees the trailers for 1, 2, Switch! and Arms) Not interested at all. Also, did 1, 2, Switch even have any gameplay?

-(Sees trailer for Splatoon 2) Eh, don't care about Splatoon. But good for those who do like it.

-(sees trailer for Super Mario Odyssey, the new Mario game that was shown in the Switch Reveal Presentation) What's this? A Mario game with worlds that are not the standard grass, desert, ice, etc. worlds? This looks like the kind of creativity that Mario games have been lacking the past few years. It's also good to see new characters (Good and bad) instead of the same old characters. For the first time in several years, I'm actually interested in a Mario game.

-(sees trailers for Xenoblade 2, and Fire Emblem Warriors) Dang it, Nintendo. You're doing it. You're getting me interested in getting a Switch.

-(watches the trailer that shows off the different Switch games) Huh? Did I just see Bomberman? (Bomberman game appears) BOMBERMAN LIVES!

Thoughts: All right, Nintendo. You win. Consider me interested in getting a Switch. I just hope they make a lot of units so we don't have to hear about stock shortages like with the Amiibo and NES Classic Edition.

Also worth noting:

-No region locking! (Kimishima mentioned it, making it seem like the Switch was going to have it....But then said they won't have it with the Switch).

-Zelda: Breath of the Wild is due out on Switch Launch day (March 3rd).

EDIT: Just found out that the Switch has a paid online service. No thanks. Thankfully, it's not required to access the eShop, and I'm not much for online multiplayer anyway (More into singleplayer). Now, if the online is required just to play certain games, then there's going to be problems.

EDIT 2: Would have to agree that the presentation had some rough spots (1, 2, Switch! and Arms looked like a good way to lose the viewer's interest. Good thing they recovered with Mario, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem Warriors, Splatoon, and Zelda. Also, Suda51's appearance was awkward due to the translator stumbling).

Edited by KEM64, 13 January 2017 - 01:08 AM.

• The Satellite and Cukeman like this

#368 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:03 AM

So glad the Mario game we saw is a real Mario game and not the godawful rabbids crossover game we've been hearing about :P

But yeah, I'm pre-ordering 2 the day they go on sale.

The Switch comes out exactly seven weeks from today! I haven't been this excited for a system in a while.
  • Neppy likes this

#369 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:14 AM

Game list so far.

• Neppy and Cukeman like this

#370 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:26 AM

So glad the Mario game we saw is a real Mario game and not the godawful rabbids crossover game we've been hearing about :P

But yeah, I'm pre-ordering 2 the day they go on sale.

The Switch comes out exactly seven weeks from today! I haven't been this excited for a system in a while.

I'm truly considering getting 2 myself. I've been pretty excited for this for a while, but tonight just got me all the more excited for it.  Especially seeing Xenoblade 2. I... just don't have words to explain how ecstatic I am for it!

• Anthus likes this

#371 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:34 AM

I am hyped because of that Zelda trailer.  I think that is the reason why this is a day one for me.  But man, the prices... Ouch.  70 dollars for a Pro-Controller... that's more than Zelda itself... Ouch.  Since it isn't bundled with a game, this makes it 430 dollars for that, without tax.  Ouch again.

• Cukeman likes this

#372 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:41 AM

Shin Megami Tensei 5.

That is all.

#373 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:00 AM

What a lackluster presentation. Other than Zelda and Mario I honestly didn't see anything that interests me, and in general I think Nintendo could have done a much, much better job with this event. So naturally I instantly went out and pre ordered the damn thing like the stupid idiot that I am. I'm not yet convinced that this thing will end up in my hands, I do want to hear more about the hardware before I commit to it 100% but just in case I went against all my principles and reserved the thing, along with Zelda. I did put down 200 bucks though, so assuming the pricing stays the same over here then I've got it pretty much covered. Zelda is the draw for me, hearing that it's a launch title and that it is so close is what won me over.

That said, don't pre order things, guys. It's a bad habit. In fact, look down at me for doing it. I suck.

Edited by Migokalle, 13 January 2017 - 04:01 AM.

• Anthus, Adem, The Satellite and 2 others like this

#374 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:05 AM

Did anyone else laugh when the translator had a lot of trouble during the Splatwo presentation?

#375 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:37 AM

Did anyone else laugh when the translator had a lot of trouble during the Splatwo presentation?

I cringed, does that count? It seemed like he was shot with a tranq dart and holding on for dear life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users