Photo

Usergroup Icons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Usergroup Icons (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested in usergroup icons?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:50 AM

Okay, first of all: If you want to play a video game, go play a video game. There are plenty of single player or multiplayer games out there that I'd think could cater to your desires. Discussion fora are not the place for that sort of thing.

Secondly: Even IF it was a thing to be done, it's not even feasible in the first place. This forum software does not have does features, nor is it open ended enough that it could be implemented easily. And even if it was, it would be a huge undertaking to implement something like that. I actually know of several internet forums that have tried doing just that, but they gave up due to how much work it was and how little it would add.

Thirdly: The people who the decision lies with have already made it perfectly clear what their stance on this is.

Two Avatars for each person it is then.'

#32 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:37 PM

Everyone should have cheese pips in honor of WB. :cheese:

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#33 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

I think that is a great idea! Also there should be different "achievments" that normal members can get, like posting 200 times, having one comment get 10 likes, etc. Maybe you could be able to choose the different banner that is displayed?

Edited by CyberGamer1539, 14 November 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#34 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:53 PM

Likes could be an interesting way to get banners. It would encourage people to post content that pleases others, which could build for a better community. Besides, banners are just cosmetic, it's not negative to restrict banners to likes you may have.

• SpikeReynolds likes this

#35 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:58 PM

Guys, we've been over this before, multiple times even.

The issue is that the colored heart containers were based on post count. The more posts you had, the more hearts you had. We feel this isn't a great system because it basically says "Members that post more are better," and encourages people to spam posts to fill up their hearts. It's not the kind of attitude we want on the site. We'd rather have a set of icons doesn't arbitrarily rank some people above others, in the interest of community.

Post count should not be a factor in any way whatsoever.  Not directly, and not indirectly, and no matter what mathematical formula you would apply to it.  Factoring in post count in any way will only encourage some people to spam.  We have had issues with that in the past, even though they were not all that common, but more likely among younger members.  There should be no factor that quantifies a member's worth here.  A member's value should be based on the content of their character, which a reasonable person (which I believe most people here are) will judge by their own reasonable means, naturally.

Look.

It's basically been said, but I'm reiterating it again in clearer terms: We will not be implementing multiple tiers for pips based on post count, likes, length of time here, or otherwise. In fact, the reason the previous heart pips were removed was because they were linked to post count. Please don't make this discussion more complicated than it has to be, and let's just discuss a simple system, yeah?

Adding special perks based on post counts or likes or whatnot will only encourage behavior we don't want to see. Somebody's rank is not tied to how much they talk or how many imaginary internet points they have. All our members are equal, and we don't want to give special status based on arbitrary things such as that. So please, please stop requesting it.
  • Mani Kanina, Shane, Eddy and 2 others like this

#36 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

It just occured to me that I never posted my banner idea here. I was thinking that perhaps we could have a set of banners showing typical Zelda enemies like Like-Likes, Chu Chus, Moblins, Dodongos, Octoroks, Ropes, etc. from various Zelda games, above a small paper banner showing the enemy's name.

#37 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

It just occured to me that I never posted my banner idea here. I was thinking that perhaps we could have a set of banners showing typical Zelda enemies like Like-Likes, Chu Chus, Moblins, Dodongos, Octoroks, Ropes, etc. from various Zelda games, above a small paper banner showing the enemy's name.

Oh yes, I like this idea!

I think that it should be a factor of both how long one's been on the site and how many posts you have. And you should be able to choose between 3 different icons at each rank. For example, Gel/Keese/Red_Octorock for level 1, Stalfos/Zol/Blue_Octorock for level 2, Goriya/Darknut/Lynel for level 3, etc. Long-time members will likely get Ganon or something, while staff members will probably get an invincible enemy like blade traps or fireball shooters. It should also display each person's level, so that if you prefer an octorock over, say, aquamentus, then you can be that and still have it be shown how much forum experience you likely have. By balancing it out with post counts and account age, it should be pretty fair. Plus, it encourages people to post more often to get the cooler banners, and just remember, if they act up then there is a warning/probation/ban system in place.  ;)

#38 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:06 AM

We should have 3 Avatar banner of achievements.

!0~0!  Or an Avatar/enemy/banners collection Zelda subscreen Inventory space lol.

I don't know what to say anymore.

Am Just waiting for something to happen nows ....

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 15 November 2015 - 03:08 AM.

#39 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:48 AM

Thanks for your feedback, everyone. We've had a lot of suggestions and appreciate everyone's input. We'll talk it over some more and come up with a solution. :)

This thread's served its purpose, so I'm gonna close it.

• Shane, SkyLizardGirl and Deedee like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users