• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#16 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:04 PM

Shane that makes sense. It is kind of hard to judge someone's actions without judging them. It is possible though, you are right.

I just look at this as really sad and unfortunate I guess. I'm sorry to the people who died : (

-Strike

Davi: It wasn't and I understand.

All right, thanks for clarifying that. I do have to agree that this entire story is really tragic, though. It's always saddening to hear about these kinds of things when they occur. :(

• Shane likes this

#17 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:11 PM

She makes Ted Bundy jealous.

I am intrigued by this, but not surprised. So many crazy people out there.

#18 DaLink

DaLink

These are my work clothes.

• Members

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:47 PM

Why do cannibals still exist? Ughh... There's a thing other than humans to eat, it's called meat (animal meat), fruit and vegetables. That is just disgusting.

Edited by DaLink, 05 August 2015 - 09:53 PM.

#19 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:34 PM

I'm curious as to WHY they think she ate the victims. They say several times in the article that she's "suspected of eating her victims" and that "police think she may be a cannibal" but don't give a single reason as to why this is their thought process.

Anyway, I've often heard that people taste like pork. Maybe if she does turn out to be a cannibal she can give a solid answer.

Edited by Hergiswi, 05 August 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#20 FalsePower

FalsePower

Hero of the space-time continuum

• Members

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:10 PM

Came for the Zelda, stayed for the cannibal discussion.

I heard one cannibal (think it was Dahmer) describe eating people as a way to keep a part of that person with them forever.
It's twisted but those people don't think like you or I and have their own rational for what they do.

It amazes me how long she was fuctioning in society while hiding such a dark secret. Kind of makes you wonder how many other people like this are out there undiscovered..

#21 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:15 PM

Came for the Zelda, stayed for the cannibal discussion.

I heard one cannibal (think it was Dahmer) describe eating people as a way to keep a part of that person with them forever.
It's twisted but those people don't think like you or I and have their own rational for what they do.

It amazes me how long she was fuctioning in society while hiding such a dark secret. Kind of makes you wonder how many other people like this are out there undiscovered..

Earlier this year I was doing some research on Dahmer and Gacy. The most frightening thing of all is realizing just how close they were to not getting caught.

#22 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:31 AM

Damn, worse than a survival horror !

it is said that the world situation worse and worse , but I know that 50 years ago there was a case even more horrible , so people like these have always existed, i guess

#23 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:49 AM

I'm not saying that she should be around people but calling her evil just isn't okay to me :/

-Strike

If killing and eating people isn't evil, then what the hell is?

#24 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:20 AM

That's just sick... I've heard this on the news recently and the thought of it is really gruesome >_<

I just don't get why people do this. But oh well, what a world we live in.

• TK8305 likes this

#25 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

To me what makes something evil is the motivation, not the action.

What makes something morally wrong is how other humans are treated in an action.

So this falls under ambivalence in the evil category and dead wrong in the moral category.

-Strike

Edited by strike, 06 August 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#26 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:54 AM

To me what makes something evil is the motivation, not the action.

I get what you're saying, but I don't believe there is any justifiable motivation here. She wanted to eat people, and she did just that.

#27 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:40 AM

Would you like to stay.... for dinner?!?!

I insist!
  • Hergiswi, Moosh, Demonlink and 2 others like this

#28 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:04 PM

Would you like to stay.... for dinner?!?!

I insist!

Ah yes, we would just love to have you for dinner.

#29 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:43 PM

I think strike is mainly playing Devil's advocate, so as to make us think about this discussion beyond our immediate reactions.

I personally can't see there being any good motivation behind human cannibalism.

While certain species of animals are known for it, it's either out of regular practice for that species (think of the preying mantis where the female bites off the male head after copulation), or out of some form of desperation.  In our more modern world, neither would apply to a human being.  I don't think you'd have that sort of desperation even in St. Petersburg.  It's certainly not standard practice for humans anywhere, as far as I would know.  If it was, it would certainly be beyond a form of cult behavior.

#30 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:59 PM

Uhhh, is it kinda freaky that there is a Tales From The Darkside episode based on something like this?  x.x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb3__ixgCHs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users