enemy script trigger trap

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 linkinsphere

linkinsphere

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:37 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to make this enemy that's like a spike trap, but I want the enemy type to be 'other' so I'm not restricted by the 'trigger/trap' type. Basically, I want this enemy to be killable, but have defenses, too. I want it to charge and Link and change its animation into it's special. While it charges at Link, I want it to play an SFX, but if Link is not in it's line of site, I want it to shoot spikes every 1 second. But I'm too much of a Zscript novice to figure this out. So here's the plan: Can I have hints on how to do this and I can research? If that's not really possible, the script itself is fine, but I'd prefer to learn. Thanks!

#2 linkinsphere

linkinsphere

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:12 AM

If it's too much of a bother, does anyone know of any zscript sources I can learn how to do this in?

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

Do you have ghost.zh set up? I'm just wondering. This is script would be doable either way.

For resources, I guess all you need would be zscript.txt, and maybe some functions from std_functions.zh.

(I'm at the moment a bit too busy to script it)

Edited by Avataro, 13 September 2016 - 11:43 AM.

#4 linkinsphere

linkinsphere

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:35 PM

Do you have ghost.zh set up? I'm just wondering. This is script would be doable either way.

For resources, I guess all you need would be zscript.txt, and maybe some functions from std_functions.zh.

(I'm at the moment a bit too busy to script it)

I don't know how to write this script (or any complex zscripts for that matter). Any enemy-based tutorials out there?

Edit:  Is it possible to have multiple scripted enemies in a global script? Or is it only FFC? If so, would I have to place an FFC every screen where I have these enemies? I start them out in Enemy Editor.

Edited by linkinsphere, 13 September 2016 - 01:47 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: enemy script, trigger, trap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users