• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#76 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(Alister @ Feb 19 2012, 01:46 PM) View Post
Can I get some help with setting up item rooms in 2.5? I'm following Bikdip's Youtube tutorials (yeah, they're outdated, but I thought the fundamentals would be the same.) but instead of everything appearing on screen 80, it appears on the screen where the warp to the cave should be.

I assume you want the item in the actual room?

making my own graphics. how many would I need total, if I do not go over board.

the set up so everything fits right.
the formatting. how to I make sure the formatting fits?(with size and layout of a sprite sheet and so on)

not sure what you're asking here.

#77 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

a lot of things involving making my own sets.

sprites, drawing tiles. I don't understand the issue of palets. do I edit/draw this in graphics gale? or can I use gimp?

the tiles are 16x16 pixels. what else do I need to know?

I am having difficulty explaining what I want, and why it is hindering me.

#78 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

I've seen people use these to create tiles in the past, however, I am unfamiliar with how they work or how they get imported to ZC.

Pallets can be tricky when it concerns ZC. Usually you can import those as well.
Another spriter may be able to answer this.

I usually build my sprites within ZC.

#79 imanualtongi

imanualtongi

User-requested ban.

• Banned

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

I would like to request a simple tutorial that shows how to go from totally nothing, to making 2 over world screens and a simple 3 or 4 room dungeon (level entrance, item room, boss, triforce chamber/exit). One over world screen for the starting point, the other for the level entrance.
Tutorial should be geared towards someone who has never touched zquest before, and focus on zquest 2.50.

#80 Skullkid

Skullkid

Initiate

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(imanualtongi @ Aug 15 2012, 03:32 PM) View Post

I would like to request a simple tutorial that shows how to go from totally nothing, to making 2 over world screens and a simple 3 or 4 room dungeon (level entrance, item room, boss, triforce chamber/exit). One over world screen for the starting point, the other for the level entrance.
Tutorial should be geared towards someone who has never touched zquest before, and focus on zquest 2.50.

There's a good basic tutorial I've been using by LinktheMaster and Nick, but it isn't complete yet. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=54851 They've got a chapter on dungeons, but it's still a work in progress. Still pretty helpful though, and I'm sure they'll be adding more in the future.

Edited by Skullkid, 28 August 2012 - 07:20 PM.

#81 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

i would like a topic about combo cycling,i am building a platform the goes away after a few seconds after you stood on the tile/s..... completely delete this post.

Edited by coolgamer012345, 31 July 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#82 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

So, I recently downloaded ZC 2.50. It's been a long time since I've used ZQuest, so I need a bit of a refresher course. Mostly I can do that by experimenting. However, it'd be nice if there was a bit more documentation about some of the options I have in the program.

I'd like to request a tutorial that provides an explanation for all quest rules. Most of these rules are not at all descriptive, and the documentation in the built-in help file is outdated. A reference like this would be extremely useful for both new quest designers learning the program as well as advanced users who can't recall the meaning of a rule or two. If you're feeling extra ambitious, an overview of all options in all menus would be invaluable. While a dry list like this might not be a great way to learn the program from the ground up, it would be nice aid for those people who know the program but want to learn more.

#83 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

While it's not entirely what you were looking for (it doesn't explain much of the brand new stuff and doesn't explain the quest rules in any sort of detail), I made a topic to act as a reference for people new to 2.50 that have used 1.92 and 2.10 before. It was last updated during RC3, but the interface didn't change much between RC3 and the final release.

#84 beneficial

beneficial

Junior

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Here is an ideathat I've been fooling around with. Create a new drop set with a heart container as a 100% drop. Then set it to your boss enemies, then you can set the quest item to drop from ceiling. ALttP style.

#85 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(beneficial @ Mar 18 2013, 11:01 AM) View Post

Here is an ideathat I've been fooling around with. Create a new drop set with a heart container as a 100% drop. Then set it to your boss enemies, then you can set the quest item to drop from ceiling. ALttP style.
Can't you already do that with an item, by simply checking "item falls from ceiling" in the screen data menu? icon_razz.gif enemies>item will still hide the item, and "item falls from ceiling" should still trigger after. icon_wacky.gif

#86 beneficial

beneficial

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

It does. By making it a drop set the Heart container drops from where the boss died and the triforce or other item can drop from the ceiling in the same room

#87 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(beneficial @ Mar 20 2013, 07:16 PM) View Post

It does. By making it a drop set the Heart container drops from where the boss died and the triforce or other item can drop from the ceiling in the same room
I'd still say use the multiple item script for this instead so you don't have to edit your boss enemies to drop heart containers. You may want to use them later without giving the player an H container as the drop. Like the level 1 armos boss in LTTP, who also appears in Ganons tower with no H container dropset. You'd have to create multiple enemies and edit drop sets otherwise to do that.

#88 beneficial

beneficial

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

I didn't know that there was a multiple items script

#89 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(beneficial @ Mar 20 2013, 09:07 PM) View Post

I didn't know that there was a multiple items script
http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=44042
Here you are. icon_smile.gif

#90 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

So I have a question about posting tutorials.

Let's say I wanted to make a full fledged tutorial on ZQuest, are those kinds of topics allowed here? (I only ask because I don't see any topics like that on this section of the forums, except maybe LTM's or Nick's tutorial.)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users