Link's Awakening REMIX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#16 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:13 PM

I got it right, but remember, this is a REMIX, which everything looks similer to the origanal, but most things has been changed by alot!
I have the demo... the version is 0.5, icon_sweat.gif the demo 1 will be after...
RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE-AS!
http://fast.filespac...IX_0.5_Demo.qst

Edited by XdragonSB, 03 August 2005 - 09:40 PM.

#17 Reft

Reft

Senior

• Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:38 PM

the demo is cool some things has changed but its cool icon_biggrin.gif , please make another demo

#18 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:39 PM

YAY! A Demo 0.8!!! It's only up to the begining of Tail Cave, where you get the compass.
Download Version 0.8 here!
http://fast.filespac...IX_0.5_Demo.qst
^It says 0.5, but it is really 0.8

Edited by XdragonSB, 03 August 2005 - 09:40 PM.

#19 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:37 AM

I think if there are limitations bugging you about having people on the same screen as houses, and needing to make it possible to talk to different people, then it should be all right to change the layout of the village/whatever a bit to accomodate ZC.

Have you managed to do the thing where you can talk to people by walking up to them? That would be probably the most beneficial thing to learn if you haven't.

It's also quite possible to have "multi-warps," but they are rather difficult. icon_shrug.gif Depending on how you do them, it is also sometimes necessary to insert a slight delay or blackout during which the multi-warp will activate...

#20 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:03 AM

I don't wanna do multi-warps... well, the way i do it... makes me lazy icon_sweat.gif .

#21 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:08 PM

If you care to hear my assessment of your demo, read on...

Overall, I like it. It has "beginning stages" written all over it, and aside from near blank and boring screens at times, the layout is pretty nicely matched with the real LA. I like the Mushroom/Fire Seed deal. Though a cutscene or a shot in the beginning of Link on the ship that's in the real game would be nice. Oh, in the forest, I don't remember the forest border tiles being walkable. And there is a screen that doesn't match up with the next in the forest with the unwalkable combos, so it is possible to walk on the unwalkable a little bit. I find some of the screens kind of "big," indeed almost too stretchy, if you will. But that is something you will have to deal with, considering this is a remake. But I am actually considering changing some of my MIDIs in Sky Towers because they are so commonplace and cliche in pretty much every GBC game so far (but in your choice, you have to have the Forest/Village/Ovwd MIDIs). How come Marin isn't in the beginning? You can put something like "-Marin: ...." to know that it's her talking and if it switches to Tarin. That way it is okay to have more than one character on screen when a string is "attached," if you will. icon_wink.gif Well, what you have here is a good beginning. And I applaud you for using one-combo walls instead of two. Having two-combo walls really offshoots the ENTIRE purpose of a GBC quest. Oh, please do something about those caves... icon_eek.gif No offense, but they repulsed me (mainly the one in the forest before the mushroom), with those doors. They're not really needed. And where's the block puzzle in that cave, anyway? Soon to be implemented, I hope. Oh, one last thing: PLEASE GET RID OF THE BLUE TEXT! icon_exclaim.gif Okay, that was a bit extreme, but please change the color. When you enter the dungeon with the blue floor, it is very hard to see the blue text. I actually had to hit Escape and read it in the "pause" mode. The dungeon looks good, although I don't think they had Like Likes in Level 1. I would encourage you to never completely fill up each room with the walls around the edges like a perfect square. Everybody likes variety in the shape of rooms. Now I'm not sure if you're doing this or not, but if not, please do so. Oh, and the "black" Gel problem I see you're having can be solved this way: copy the "9" row of I believe the Overworld Pallette to the "9" spot of your Tail Cave pallette. Most likely you only have 2 and 3 filled for TC right now; putting in that 9 row should solve the problem. As a matter of fact, you'll have to do that for all of the dungeon pallettes and any extras you add or that don't already have it. I hope this helps; I want to see more on this, and it's exciting to see that the GBC set is finally getting some widespread use! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by FireStorm, 04 August 2005 - 06:10 PM.

#22 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:10 PM

I can't get rid of the blue text icon_sweat.gif

#23 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:05 PM

It's been a day right? I think...
A NEW DEMO!! DEMO!!! ONE!!!!
DOWNLOAD HERE!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
http://fast.filespac...ning_Demo_1.qst

#24 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(XdragonSB @ Aug 4 2005, 09:05 PM)
It's been a day right? I think...

Yeah...sure... icon_heh.gif

OK, to change the blue text, I believe you go to the Main pallette in Zquest and change the secondcolor under "0," which right now should be blue, to white. Now it's my other computer that has Zquest, so...Okay, I just checked it. That's how you do it. To change it to white, use the Home/End keys, Up/Down keys, and the 8/5 keys on the Numeric keypad (I know the first two are right, but not completely sure about the third). This changes the Red, Green, and Blue properties of the color. Just experiment till you get white! Or don't tell me you want some other color...Don't you dare make that text pink! icon_razz.gif

I'll have to try the new demo tomorrow. Though what is new about it this time? Has the dungeon been updated? icon_eek.gif

Edited by FireStorm, 04 August 2005 - 09:50 PM.

#25 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:52 PM

Naw, I don't like it white, It is too hard to read,I like blue alot better. on the other dungeons, I will put a black square so you can read it.

#26 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:36 PM

I am back working on this... got any ideas for the hole monster thing and the flying octroks?

#27 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:08 PM

I got an idea for Jump thingy, use the raft. also, for flyin otrock, use the parta or whatever the flying thing is called.

#28 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:09 AM

There was one quest being made I saw that used what the creator called "jump pads," which were triggers that started a mini-cutscene of Link jumping. That might work if you know how to do it, otherwise the raft is a fine alternitave. Replace the raft with a shadow, and voila!

#29 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:10 AM

flying octrock=bat(skinny sprite)
roc's feather is already ladder...
and what about the hole worm things?

#30 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:19 AM

You should edit your first post to include demo #1.

I just downloaded it, and I'm gonna play it right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users