Items Item Ideas

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:24 AM

This is a topic I felt was worth discussing, 'specially since I seen a few nifty items from other zelda clones and classic Action-JRPGs like Terranigma that I thought would be a good thing to implement in ZC in one form or another, I also have a few unique item ideas that I think might be good as well, so I'll be doing this in list form.

• Protect Bell (Terranigma)
    • How it works: There's a section in Terranigma where you have to navigate a forest that works exactly like the lost woods from the original Legend of Zelda, but there's no old ladies or elderly men to pay to give you hints or anything, this is where the Protect Bell comes in, The Protect Bell makes a chime every time you choose the correct path in a maze.
  • Sharp Claws (Terranigma)
    • How it works: Likewise there's a section early on in Terranigma where you have do some serious climbing and at first can only climb up vines and ladders until you finds this item. This items allows the player to climb up rocky walls and it's a passive item. Would be great for a section of the overworld involving mountains and could even inspire some new puzzles.
  • Bunny Ring (my own idea)
    • How it works: Certainly you guys remember the Bunny Hood from the N64 Zelda titles, right? My idea is a passive item like the other rings in ZC that makes Link move one and half times faster than normal, great for those players (like myself) who think Link is too slow at times.
  • The Lantern of Time (La-Mulana)
    • How it works: This Lantern is a usable inventory freeze times for a brief amount of time, but once used will go into a cooldown period before it can be used again. This could be used for time sensitive puzzles and whatnot.
  • The Mask of Eyes (YS 1 - Ancient YS Vanished)
    • How it works: I've heard some of the complaints about how the Lens of Truth is overpowered. I have a solution to this problem in the form of it's spiritual ancestor from YS 1. The Mask of Eyes causes the world to be rendered in grey-scale and hides enemies on screen but reveals hiddens passages and hidden items.
  • Spirit Cape (YS 2 - Ancient YS Vanished: The Final Chapter)
    • How it works: Likewise I am also aware of the potential for heart rings to be OP at times. My idea to remedy that borrows from it's precursor: The Spirit Cape. The Spirit Cape works by regenerating health but only when the player is holding perfectly still for several seconds.
  • Stone Shoes (YS 2 - Ancient YS Vanished: The Final Chapter)
    • How it works: These shoes could be a passive inventory item that prevent the player from slipping on icey terrain. I never understood why no-one so far has thought to add something like this as a dungeon item in an ice dungeon yet.
  • Sand Cape (Alundra)
    • This Cape would allow the player to dive and burrow into exposed patches of dirt and sand, thus bypassing certain barriers, finding buried items and even allowing the player to ambush enemies (Come on, guys. Can you not imagine Link ambushing an unaware Ganondorf with this? :lol: ), this could inspire alot of interesting and unique navigation puzzles.

Well I hope more people look at this thread and maybe even throw a few ideas of their own in here.

Edited by FireSeraphim, 22 August 2016 - 03:07 AM.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#2 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:58 PM

seem all great items to use in a quest !

in a game i saw a clock that can "reset" the status of a screen, let's say that you need to push some block but you screw up and cannot exit fom the room, just use the watch and all return as you enter in the room, is possible do it in a quest ?

BTW : in the same game...there was a  bomb and hookshot identical to the ones of Zelda...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Items, Item Ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users