#1 Kallineon

Kallineon

Initiate

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:00 AM

is it possible?
1: 2X1 sword
2:ice rod, and freezing enemies
3:individual sfx for sword beams (example: Lv 1 sword beam sfx:1, Lv 2 sword beam sfx:2, Lv 3 sword beam sfx:3, Lv 4 sword beam sfx:4)
4:enemies hp meter
5:boomerang without stopping sfx(I have fire blast instead boomerang, and fire sfx (duration about 2.5 seconds)...and when fire impact the enemy, sfx quickly stopped...I want that sfx plays 2.5 seconds even when impact enemies...
6:press start instead press down (i know that's possible, but I can't find a script)
7: seeing a title screen more than once in entire game

#2 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

you really should explain these better. only the middle three are clear (to me), as far as what you mean. the first and sixth ones are particular baffling. I have guesses about what you mean, but I doubt they are accurate. good luck.

#3 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:32 AM

The first is a sword with a blade two tiles long. The Ice Rod is a rod that shoots magic blasts that cause enemies to change to their "frozen" sprites and become immobilized. #6 is a way to go past the title screen by pressing the start button instead of the down button. No clue about the seventh one. Edit: I think that #7 may mean that the title screen appears whenever one starts to play the quest, regardless of progress.

Edited by Isdrakthül, 22 December 2010 - 12:36 AM.

#4 Kallineon

Kallineon

Initiate

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:23 AM

ok...Is there possibility of script for that 7 questions....i need 2X1 TILES sword because of full detailed drawing and better range...ice rod or some kind of script which will freeze enemies and turn enemies to another cset(blue)...I have 4 weapons which is type:sword, and I want that each sword have own sfx of beam(original, sfx for beam is same for every sword)...Is it possible to create a enemies hp meter with script(that you can easier know how hp enemy have)...press start instead press down, I want on title screen press start, but for that is script required...is it possible to scripting that you can see title screen more than once regardless of progress...like
Isdrakthül said..and for boomerang sfx...I can't explain better...

#5 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(Kallineon @ Dec 21 2010, 11:23 PM) View Post

ok...Is there possibility of script for that 7 questions....i need 2X1 TILES sword because of full detailed drawing and better range...ice rod or some kind of script which will freeze enemies and turn enemies to another cset(blue)...I have 4 weapons which is type:sword, and I want that each sword have own sfx of beam(original, sfx for beam is same for every sword)...Is it possible to create a enemies hp meter with script(that you can easier know how hp enemy have)...press start instead press down, I want on title screen press start, but for that is script required...is it possible to scripting that you can see title screen more than once regardless of progress...like
Isdrakthül said..and for boomerang sfx...I can't explain better...

I'm no dev, so this is mostly just my own thoughts.
Dunno about the big sword- I'm guessing yes, but it would be a scripted item, like the Mace and Chain, Bombchu, and such. It would be a 2x2 item (to account for it swinging), or a VERY well-placed set of overlapping 1x1 tiles. Care would have to be taken to ensure that it acted like a sword (against enemies with immunites/weaknesses to the sword, for example, and to flags and combos that interact with the sword normally). I could see a Great Fairy sword or Biggoron sword made in this manner, sure. For that matter, it could be used to make polearms (I've seen a few graphics around here for those), too.
I'm sure a script can be made that can stop enemies motion and change their CSET. I haven't seen one, but it should be possible.
You can change SFX for the sword slashing, but the beams SFX seems to be off-limits. It can be done, though- a person could turn off the sword-beam effects in the Item Editor, and create a script that emulated them instead. Care would have to be taken to ensure that they still reacted properly (enemies that have special immunities/weaknesses against beams would have to be accounted for, etc.) It would take a lot of work, but I think it could be done.
The 'Press Down to start' stuff isn't scripted- I think it is accomplished by placing something on an upper layer to hide Link, and boxing him in on Layer 0 so that the only viable movement is Down. Or it could be scripted, using an FFC script to turn Link->Invisible and requiring an InputDown = true to warp. Using this method, I suppose it would be simple to replace InputDown with InputStart.
The Title Screen (assuming you mean custom title screens and not the original LoZ screen) can be accessed like any other DMap. If you have the game's start location on the Title Screen location, you'll always start your game there. If you wanted to have your hero view the title screen again, just set up a warp to that location.
As for the Boomerang sound, I think you can change the SFX in the Item editor. And you can import new sounds in Quest->Audio->SFX Data in ZQuest.

#6 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:05 AM

6. Look in the script-database for the "press start to warp"-script.
7. This is possible, when you let Link start always on the titlescreen

#7 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:11 AM

Number 7 is a bit trickier if you want to go back to where you were after you see the titlescreen. Someone was making a script for that on my request earlier, but I never heard back. You can ask someone (a scripter) for the script if you want it.

#8 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:37 AM

I really hate threads like this.

People, please, just stop and think for a second before you would post something like this. What's the point in asking "if this and this is possible" or not? The answer is always YES, yes it is possible. It might not be plausible, or hell, it might be, but it's always possible at the very least. Wouldn't it make more sense, if anything, to ask "how would this be done" instead of whether or not it can be-- or worse, whether someone will do your work for you or not?

Which brings me to my other point: Why waste our time with "questions" like these? And by "questions" I mean it's obvious this thread isn't a question, it's a request commission disguised as a poorly constructed post and an over-the-top mental image of a Quest ridden with crazy fireworks that are more trouble than they're worth to write, and that any Quest-playthrougher with half a brain would see right through as if they were transparent.

icon_unsettled.gif Sorry to shoot down your dream, newcomer, I'm honestly not a troll, but you really can't think about things like this. It will break your projects before they even have a shot at getting off the ground. Any scripter will probably agree here: You have to compromise with your game sometimes. I'm writing a pretty epic and script-heavy Quest myself at the moment, and already I've been tart-slapped several times by trying to go more nuts than the engine would agree with, so I've had to improvise changes in plans.

If you're really serious about your project, whatever it is, and you're truthfully lost about where to take it even after you've tried for a while, then my advice is to open up about it a little and let us in on what exactly you've got cooking up, in detail, and what kind of guidance you want for it. But see, you only post as a last resort, when nothing you alone can do will work anymore. Think about it; are you going to improve at all if you don't work and get experience at designing, and instead just commission the PZC Brigade to solve all your troubles? You're wanting people to go out of their way for you quite a bit here by asking about such intense scripting endeavors, and IMO that isn't gonna get you any respect here. I mean it might, who knows, but at the very least not from me. icon_aggravated.gif

Whatever, though. If you want the 2x1 Sword, try using the "Duplicate(lweapon)" function in a Global Script while checking for LWeapon instances of a certain Sword type. Maybe that'll help. And you should learn how to script if my advice is gibberish to you. Saffith wrote up a mega guide for it in the Practice Forum here; he's saved my life countless times with it and I consider him a god among men.

#9 Brae13

Brae13

• Members

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:07 PM

I really hate threads like this.

People, please, just stop and think for a second before you would post something like this. What's the point in asking "if this and this is possible" or not? The answer is always YES, yes it is possible. It might not be plausible, or hell, it might be, but it's always possible at the very least. Wouldn't it make more sense, if anything, to ask "how would this be done" instead of whether or not it can be-- or worse, whether someone will do your work for you or not?

Which brings me to my other point: Why waste our time with "questions" like these? And by "questions" I mean it's obvious this thread isn't a question, it's a request commission disguised as a poorly constructed post and an over-the-top mental image of a Quest ridden with crazy fireworks that are more trouble than they're worth to write, and that any Quest-playthrougher with half a brain would see right through as if they were transparent.

icon_unsettled.gif Sorry to shoot down your dream, newcomer, I'm honestly not a troll, but you really can't think about things like this. It will break your projects before they even have a shot at getting off the ground. Any scripter will probably agree here: You have to compromise with your game sometimes. I'm writing a pretty epic and script-heavy Quest myself at the moment, and already I've been tart-slapped several times by trying to go more nuts than the engine would agree with, so I've had to improvise changes in plans.

If you're really serious about your project, whatever it is, and you're truthfully lost about where to take it even after you've tried for a while, then my advice is to open up about it a little and let us in on what exactly you've got cooking up, in detail, and what kind of guidance you want for it. But see, you only post as a last resort, when nothing you alone can do will work anymore. Think about it; are you going to improve at all if you don't work and get experience at designing, and instead just commission the PZC Brigade to solve all your troubles? You're wanting people to go out of their way for you quite a bit here by asking about such intense scripting endeavors, and IMO that isn't gonna get you any respect here. I mean it might, who knows, but at the very least not from me. icon_aggravated.gif

Whatever, though. If you want the 2x1 Sword, try using the "Duplicate(lweapon)" function in a Global Script while checking for LWeapon instances of a certain Sword type. Maybe that'll help. And you should learn how to script if my advice is gibberish to you. Saffith wrote up a mega guide for it in the Practice Forum here; he's saved my life countless times with it and I consider him a god among men.

I understand this is a very old thread, not sure if it is worth digging up 5 years later, or if it's OK to do so. Not too framiliar with this site, and the topic didn't say if it was closed or not. But this topic had some of the questions I've been wondering myself. I completely agree with the above. I recently reached out, and one of the admins helped me. But I still have many questions. And before I even posted this, I've been searching through the forums, through the tutorials, all over the internet, looking for possible Zelda Classic Updates, countless trial and errors, and I still run into the same walls myself. I am not a programmer, nor do I know C++. I usually learn quickly, but Zelda Classic is kind of a half and half here. It's been updated numerous times, each time better than the last. But what's the point of a click and done program if you have to script everything yourself? Why not be able to change some of the "Hard Coding" yourself so that it all works as it should.

As I said, I waited a while to ask for help again, as I didn't want to annoy others myself. This may be an unusual way of doing things, but I figured I would explain the ideas I have myself through pictures. I think that is one of the main problems why it's so confusing to most people when they are trying to create something. People post topics on their ideas or what they're trying to create, and it all sounds confusing. Most of the responses and tutorials are great and all, but at the end of the day they are just paragraph after paragraph of half jibberish to most people. So, as the original creator of this topic, I had ideas similar that I can't find answers to:

http://i865.photobuc... examples_1.png

The 2x1 sword question itself is a decent one. I do not understand Lweapons or how to even access them or edit them. Every single Item you can create is only 16x16.

http://i865.photobuc...em examples.png

The items themselves, and the ideas I had. Which from searching, these aren't original ideas by far. But I couldn't understand stdweapons.zh at all, nor the example scripts. I also seen 2 different bottle scripts created by 2 different people. Neither one worked for what I was trying to do.

http://i865.photobuc... Defenses_1.png

As far as Hard Coded, is there any option to ovveride the unwanted items on this list? If not, then back to my question, WHY can't the enemy defenses be customized?

http://i865.photobuc...ss examples.png

Basic examples of what I intended for enemy defenses.

In no way am I trying to criticize any creator or scripter with this post. These are generally good questions in the overall scheme of things. I also understand you can't cater to everyone, and there's endless posibilities when you know how to. Which also brings my final point. I don't know about most, but this isn't a cry for someone to make the game for me. I'd much rather do it myself. Any feedback is welcomed, even if it isn't pleasant.

Edited by Brae13, 12 October 2016 - 10:11 PM.

#10 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:49 AM

All of that is not only possible, but it has all been done.

In fact, I've done most of what is on the OP's list: I have a title screen script in the database that both uses Start, and can be shown at every game load, too. I'll eventually get back to the zscript docs, too.

With regard to your concern of 'why must we script everything', ZC is a very complex,and simultaneously fragile codebase, and adding a single feature can, and often is a painstaking process. While we can certainly add in things that are a common, and frequent request, it is simply not possible to add in everything that anyone could want. Futue versions will of course, expand on the available features through the GUI, but scripting your own extensions is simply the only practical way to handle most of what people wish to do with it, that is beyond its boxed scope.

You might want to consider making any specific feature requests over on AGN.

I understand this is a very old thread, not sure if it is worth digging up 5 years later, or if it's OK to do so. Not too framiliar with this site, and the topic didn't say if it was closed or not. But this topic had some of the questions I've been wondering myself. I completely agree with the above. I recently reached out, and one of the admins helped me. But I still have many questions. And before I even posted this, I've been searching through the forums, through the tutorials, all over the internet, looking for possible Zelda Classic Updates, countless trial and errors, and I still run into the same walls myself. I am not a programmer, nor do I know C++. I usually learn quickly, but Zelda Classic is kind of a half and half here. It's been updated numerous times, each time better than the last. But what's the point of a click and done program if you have to script everything yourself? Why not be able to change some of the "Hard Coding" yourself so that it all works as it should.

As I said, I waited a while to ask for help again, as I didn't want to annoy others myself. This may be an unusual way of doing things, but I figured I would explain the ideas I have myself through pictures. I think that is one of the main problems why it's so confusing to most people when they are trying to create something. People post topics on their ideas or what they're trying to create, and it all sounds confusing. Most of the responses and tutorials are great and all, but at the end of the day they are just paragraph after paragraph of half jibberish to most people. So, as the original creator of this topic, I had ideas similar that I can't find answers to:

http://i865.photobuc... examples_1.png

The 2x1 sword question itself is a decent one. I do not understand Lweapons or how to even access them or edit them. Every single Item you can create is only 16x16.

http://i865.photobuc...em examples.png

The items themselves, and the ideas I had. Which from searching, these aren't original ideas by far. But I couldn't understand stdweapons.zh at all, nor the example scripts. I also seen 2 different bottle scripts created by 2 different people. Neither one worked for what I was trying to do.

http://i865.photobuc... Defenses_1.png

As far as Hard Coded, is there any option to ovveride the unwanted items on this list? If not, then back to my question, WHY can't the enemy defenses be customized?

http://i865.photobuc...ss examples.png

Basic examples of what I intended for enemy defenses.

In no way am I trying to criticize any creator or scripter with this post. These are generally good questions in the overall scheme of things. I also understand you can't cater to everyone, and there's endless posibilities when you know how to. Which also brings my final point. I don't know about most, but this isn't a cry for someone to make the game for me. I'd much rather do it myself. Any feedback is welcomed, even if it isn't pleasant.

Enemy defences can be customised. The extent of this, depends greatly on the age old formula of ambition + goals - available time = result.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 12 November 2016 - 05:02 AM.

#11 Brae13

Brae13

• Members

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:09 AM

All of that is not only possible, but it has all been done.

I've been looking everywhere and never found the specific things I was looking for. And I know you have been a big part of all these projects. Hat's off to you btw.

I've seen examples of the Ice Rod etc. But it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. For example, the stdweapons.zh download. While it was great for the most part, the Ice Rod in this example is horrible. It doesn't work properly at all. It just swaps the enemy sprite to an ice block for a period of time. It can still move and cause damage. For the Ice Rod I had in mind again, was more along the LttP style Ice Rod, but simpler. Just swaps the C-Set, and freezes animation for a time. And for the Wind Rod, nobody has even mentioned something of that sort from my digging. And I heard it would even be a nightmare to attempt. Hoever, I did find in my digging someone had messed around with the knockback aspect of the game entirely, but no talk about an item affecting it. Considering it took mulitple global scripts to do so, it sounds counter-productive.

Edit: And I forgot to mention. AGN? (Armageddon forum?)

Edited by Brae13, 02 December 2016 - 02:15 AM.

#12 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:18 AM

I've seen examples of the Ice Rod etc. But it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. For example, the stdweapons.zh download. While it was great for the most part, the Ice Rod in this example is horrible. It doesn't work properly at all. It just swaps the enemy sprite to an ice block for a period of time. It can still move and cause damage.)

Oops. But the fix is simple. Here is the fixed script:

Spoiler

#13 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:09 PM

I wrote a wind rod, that removes enemies, and optionally sends them back to the starting room of a dungeon. Did you want something like that?

#14 Brae13

Brae13

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:10 AM

It was more simple than that. Just a regular magic, but it causes knockback. But see, everything causes knockback. The Main enemy I had in mind was Patra. Being it's surrounded by smaller enemies, I had the idea to make the Wind Rod the only weapon to push back the smaller enemies, so you could strike to strike the big eye. Again, simple magic + knockback. The animation would have to be changed for Patra though, because there is no animation for this effect. But the nightmare is appearently changing the entire game coding so nothing, not even the sword, can knock back enemies. I can't find the topic, but I remember reading someone talking about eliminating the knockback effect in the entire game.

And Acullard, I have yet to test that script, I'll get back to you on it.

#15 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:45 AM

It was more simple than that. Just a regular magic, but it causes knockback. But see, everything causes knockback. The Main enemy I had in mind was Patra. Being it's surrounded by smaller enemies, I had the idea to make the Wind Rod the only weapon to push back the smaller enemies, so you could strike to strike the big eye. Again, simple magic + knockback. The animation would have to be changed for Patra though, because there is no animation for this effect. But the nightmare is appearently changing the entire game coding so nothing, not even the sword, can knock back enemies. I can't find the topic, but I remember reading someone talking about eliminating the knockback effect in the entire game.

And Acullard, I have yet to test that script, I'll get back to you on it.

Hmm... You could store the enemy coordinates in their Misc[indices] as well as their HP, and if their HP is lower than the stored value, :

Update the stored value.

For N frames, keep them at their position.

Enemies are only pushed backward when hit from the front. So, you could also do funny things with their facing direction.

The longer route, is to use other game objects, rather than lweapons; even drawn tiles, or combos. When one of these objects overlaps the npc hitbox, generate an lweapon on the npc, and ensure that its direction is always perpendicular to the npc direction, so that it hits it from the side.

Objects in the npc struct don't have a HitDir attribute, like the Link class, so you need to be clever with workarounds; but it is possible to prevent them from obeying knockback.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users