Apocrypha

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:56 PM

It is written* that there was a fourth timeline that split off of Ocarina of Time: the Circumvented Doom Intervention Timeline.

In this timeline, Link does not meet with Princess Zelda after acquiring the Kokiri Emerald, but instead bypasses the guard in Kakariko to reach Death Mountain, using a clever trick involving an empty bottle. After acquiring the Goron's Ruby, Link then met with Princess Zelda at a slightly later time.

This small change set in motion a series of events in which Zelda had more time to study the seal on the Sacred Realm, so she was able to inform Link that he would not be able to become the Hero of Time until he was an adult, and would become frozen within the Temple of Time (leaving the seal open) until adulthood if he attempted it too early.

For this reason, Link retrieved the three spiritual stones, but then spent 7 years waiting and hiding from Ganondorf, before he finally lifted the Master Sword. Thus, Link was able to immediately become the Hero of Time and was not frozen, and was able to immediately retrieve the three Triforce Pieces, causing Ganondorf to flee from his unsuccessful ambush at the Temple of Time.

However, Ganondorf later sneaked into Hyrule castle under the cover of night, and stole the Triforce of Power in a sneak attack, though he was unable to claim the other two pieces. Ganondorf transformed into the monstrous Gannon, but was driven off by Link, unsuccessful in his assault against the king. Afterwards, Link entrusted the Triforce of Wisdom to Impa, who became it's guardian for generations to come. Meanwhile, an obscure prophet had a vision that Link would be the only one who could defeat Gannon.

Aware that Gannon still lurked in obscurity with the Triforce of Power, the Kingdom of Hyrule maintained a constant vigil for his return. A few years later, Gannon launched an attack against Duke Onkled in the land of Gamelon, and soon after, he twisted the island of Koridai into a series of evil visages. The Hero of Time and Princess Zelda, respectively, went on adventures to save the two lands, and successfully sealed Gannon within the Book of Koridai twice, though he quickly escaped both times. Afterwards, a prophecy was written: the Scroll of Shoemac, which warned of Gannon's return to invade the land of Tolemac a century later.

One later adventure effectively mirrors the events of A Link to the Past from the downfall timeline, but with one difference: Link, having difficulty seeing in Hyrule Castle's Dungeon, was startled and nearly killed Princess Zelda by mistake, though not quite.

Many further adventures passed without disturbance of this status quo, as Gannon remained in possession of the Triforce of Power while Hyrule Castle held the Triforce of Wisdom. This era included a series of minor skirmishes between a later hero and Gannon, who would conjure minions in an artifact known as the Evil Jar. However, hero was disinclined to take the conflict seriously and was known to make clumsy romantic advances to his era's Princess Zelda, in between his complaints. This status quo was nearly disturbed in an event in which Gannon's minions turned against him, but Link unwittingly freed Gannon from confinement and the cycle resumed. Nevertheless, effective peace remained in Hyrule for many generations.

Later, Gannon attacked Hyrule Castle with his ultimate weapon, the Gannon Cannon.

* - In this thread, by me [citation needed]

Edited by Mitsukara, 21 October 2016 - 08:10 PM.

• Mani Kanina likes this

#2 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:50 PM

Problem is Ganondorf overthrew Hyrule Castle before Link opened the Door of Time.

#3 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:59 PM

DId he outright conquer the castle already? I thought he was just chasing Zelda and Impa personally. Certainly the castle was more intact than int he future, anyway; and you can go and sneak back up to where Talon was sleeping (to allow the player to go to the great fairy and gold skulltula they might've missed), right? I mean, I guess Ganondorf might have brainwashed the guards and killed the king off-screen, or something. Hmm. Still, Link and "Sheik" might work that out somehow in the intervening seven years, in a way that prevents the destruction of the castle and the Hyrule Market. And if Link obtains the whole Triforce for a minute, he might've revived the King (just in time for dinner) and undone damages that way-  just like reviving the king in the ending of LTTP.

Edited by Mitsukara, 21 October 2016 - 09:08 PM.

#4 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:18 AM

the Gannon Cannon.

• Mani Kanina likes this

#5 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:13 AM

DId he outright conquer the castle already?... I guess Ganondorf might have brainwashed the guards and killed the king off-screen, or something. Hmm...

That's how I always saw it. It's right after Impa and Zelda flee the castle that you find the mortally wounded guard in the alleyway:

"Unnngh...are you the boy from the forest...?

I-I-I've finally met you...
I-I-I have something to t-t-tell you...
Ganondorf, the Gerudo King of Thieves, betrayed our King...
Zelda's nanny, Impa, sensed danger and escaped from the castle with our Princess...
I tried to stop Ganondorf's men from chasing them...but...
The Princess was...waiting for a boy from the forest...that's you...
She wanted to give something to the boy...
If you received it from the Princess, hurry...

to the Temple of Time...."

Followed by the famous "He's not moving anymore..."

If "our Princess" isn't in this castle could she be in... another castle? :P

EDIT: Also: "Something happened in the castle! Kid, you'd better be careful!"

Edited by Cukeman, 22 October 2016 - 01:20 AM.

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:29 AM

the Gannon Cannon.

It exists now. You could have prevented this. But it's too late now. Ganon has discovered portable cannon technology. Far more effective than his previous loadout of mostly tennis based attacks.

• Mani Kanina likes this

#7 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:28 AM

Oh man, when will people start making quests for this part of the timeline? I can't wait for more lore expansions!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Apocrypha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users