tileset

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#181 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:46 PM

Can't say I recognize those upper wall tiles; where are they from exactly?

I'm also not seeing anything particularly wrong about those lower wall tiles. I guess the main difference between EZGBZ and this is that the greater degree of detail/colors makes tricks like stacking walls on top of one another don't really work.

On my end, I have a free week coming up, so if I get my act together I might try and get another enemy or two sprited out.

#182 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:07 PM

http://www.purezc.ne...or=linkus&tags=

Triple Triple Dungeon

#183 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

Oh, alright.

Anyway, here's two enemy sets: the darknuts I posted elsewhere a little bit ago, and some goriyas I finished up just now:

darknut.png

goriya.png

Might give some of the bosses a shot next.

• Jared, DragonDePlatino and Matthew like this

#184 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:31 PM

To be honest I don't like them too much, they look good and all but they miss the simplicity of the Firebird tileset. Also, if you use these enemys maybe some of the enemy sprites from the FYS-tileset could be useful for you.

#185 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 08 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

While Feenick's darknuts aren't quite perfect, I don't think it really matters at this point. Since it was abandoned, Firebird is lacking a lot of basic enemies so they are better than nothing at all.

Feenicks: While your sprites are wonderful, they do clash a little bit with Firebird. I'd recommend toning your shading down a bit and bringing out your details like this:

firebird_darknut_edit_by_dragondeplatino

• Jared and Matthew like this

#186 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

Shameless plug here. I have a set of Darknuts that I've whipped up for my version of the Firebird tileset, if you want an alternative to Feenick's.

HbIJ4YU.png

And here's a Goryia sprite (looking for feedback on before I continue on it)

m5KMg5V.png

Edited by Orithan, 08 May 2016 - 05:06 PM.

• Astromeow likes this

#187 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:40 PM

Shameless plug here. I have a set of Darknuts that I've whipped up for my version of the Firebird tileset, if you want an alternative to Feenick's.

HbIJ4YU.png

And here's a Goryia sprite (looking for feedback on before I continue on it)

m5KMg5V.png

Professional quality work right here, heck yea

Edited by Astromeow, 08 May 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#188 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:32 AM

I am trying to make a Link-Sprite without hat, but since the hair uses the same brown as the skin I need another set of brown for it... has someone here enough knowledge to give me a set of brown colors (either a set of 4 new ones or one light brown that fits between links middle and light skin brown).

@ Orithan - I like your Gorya a lot but the colors for shoes and pants are not mine, like micky mouse.

#189 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:13 AM

[edit] hmm, kind of have troubles again with uploading an image...

hlempyw.png

finally got it to show up. made one of the housewalls dungeonwalls, not too satisfied with it but I thought I should show you before I throw it away.

Edited by Naru, 31 July 2016 - 06:19 AM.

#190 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:39 PM

Hey there, once again can someone explain to me how the palettes for dungeons are build up?

Typically colors 2-E are a 5 color block, a 3 color block, a 2 color block and another 3 color block (if that is not understandable just look up the firebird ow level palettes for palette 2, it is rather obvious), but for the dgn level palettes the order is differen (and more complicated) and I wonder if there is a reason behind it. I also wonder if palette 3 is used so far in anyway, it does not seem that way.

I would like to use palette 3 instead of palette 2 for the walls, especially since the pallets are a mess right now and colors 7-9 of palette 2 shouldn't be touched.

#191 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:22 AM

Hey, guys! I have absolutely fallen in love with Firebird. Great job! I can see in the thread how its not quite finished, though. Are you all still working on this? I'm thoroughly impressed with the custom graphics, especially the flawless, but subtle transitions between water types. Excellent, easy-on-the-eyes alternative to GBZ.

How far off is another update? I'm still implementing mechanics, so my screens are nothing to look at... so I couldn't tell you what I don't know I need, graphics-wise.

But I dig the tileset, can't wait to see it compleeeete.

#192 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:47 AM

The tileset is as finished as it is likely to get right now, so don't expect Supindahood to make any updates, possibly ever, though I haven't spoken to him about this for a long while. That said, there is more Firebird graphics coming! They might just not take the form of an actual update to the tileset. Then again who knows, maybe I can convince Supindahood to make an update with the new graphics that'll come from the project I'm working on with the tileset. I would do it myself but trust me, none of you want a Firebird compiled by me; it would be a disorderly mess.

Speaking of, I'm actually sitting on a rather large graphic for Firebird right now, and the only reason I haven't submitted it yet is because I want to have a nice screen to go with it. Not that you'd need a screen for a tile submission but it's a little big and hard to use given screen space limitations so it couldn't hurt to have an example shot. It's just a single building though, so it probably isn't going to help you all that much right now unless you are in dire need of a gigantic temple of time exterior.

• Shane, Jared and Naru like this

#193 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:59 AM

...As it so happens, I could use more bigger things in Firebird. I'd be more than eager to see anything related to this tileset you might have. Of course, if you'd rather just submit them, go for it.

Are there more palettes?

I'm not 100% sold on some of the scale on houses, cave entrances, arches, and things like that.

#194 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:09 AM

My project will add to Firebird things like a bunch of new house designs, new palettes (one for each area in the game, including interiors) and in general stuff you'd find Firebird lacking in. We're using nothing but original graphics, meaning Firebird-tiles or brand new ones made specifically for Firebird. Can't say for certain we'll cover everything you need, but our project is fairly exstensive so I think it's safe to assume it will add a lot to Firebird tile-wise.

I'll showcase the temple tiles soon enough, but this is what I've been working on today. It's still a work in progress so consider it more of a preview than anything else: https://www.dropbox..../house.png?dl=0

#195 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:49 AM

Whoa, that's an excellent house. I'll definitely keep an eye out for that, and let you know when I get my quest to a more showable state.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tileset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users