Sideview Gravity Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 superpatch13

superpatch13

Zehahaha!!!

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:15 PM

How do/can you climb up/down ladders using sidevidew gravity? If it's a non-solid combo, Link falls through. Is there a combo type or trick to have Link have the ability to climb objects in this sideview gravity mode?

#2 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:47 PM

It's not a default feature - you have to add a script to make it work:

http://www.purezc.ne...=scripts&id=158

There's a demo .qst on that page, but it doesn't seem to include an update that fixes a problem when transitioning screens/warping, even though the update is included in the "View Script" window.

You can cut+paste that code as-is, but the setup seems to be a mess. There's a global and FFC version. He says not to use both at the same time, but some fixes for/elements of the FFC version appear to be in global script segments anyway. I can never get them to work as the individual patches they're seemingly intended to be, and if you want to add them to an existing global script, you'll have to figure out that extra step yourself.

#3 superpatch13

superpatch13

Zehahaha!!!

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

Hmm. I was hoping there would be a simpler way. I'm not very good at scripting past one script.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:55 PM

I'm not very good at scripting past one script.

There's nothing complicated about having more than one script. You just have to put them all in one text file, like this.

import "std.zh"

ffc script Script1{
	//Script goes here
}

ffc script Script2{
	//Script goes here
}

ffc script Script 3{
	//Script goes here
}

#5 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

There's nothing complicated about having more than one script. You just have to put them all in one text file, like this.

import "std.zh"

ffc script Script1{
	//Script goes here
}

ffc script Script2{
	//Script goes here
}

ffc script Script 3{
	//Script goes here
}

Not even that. You can put them in separate files, and have one main file that imports all of the files with

import "scriptfilename.z"

Globals, however, you need to merge. Feel free on asking for help on how to merge with a new topic! I'm sure somebody will take a look at it.

#6 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

Sorry,I should upload a demo quest that just features the sideview ladder and nothing else. The reason the demo quest is currently like this is because I was writing these scripts for someone else and they wanted a bunch of stuff to work together, requiring even more complicated setup.

Anyways for this script there are two ways to implement -- the global (works on every screen) and the ffc (works only on screens you place the script). To fix a bug the ffc version requires a global as well. So both versions require a global script. And as stated you wouldn't use both. Therefore if scripting isn't easy for you the global version of the script is easier to setup than the ffc version. In the code there is a sample of the global (for both versions) at the bottom. If you have no other global scripts just copy the sample (read the comments denoted with // to find the correct one). If you have another global script it'll need to be combined. The comments in the script should make it very easy for any scripter to combine them. If you post your global script here I'll combine it for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users