Official "What video games are you playing right now?" topic

• Please log in to reply
4811 replies to this topic

#4351 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:26 PM

Mega Man and Bass is pretty hard to begin with, If you want to play a better version of it look for Rockman and Forte on SNES (way Superior version). I could never play the GBA version of it. But with the SNES version it was just overall better.

Anywho I've been playing Mega Man 8 over and over and over and over... I've been speed running it so far I learned some of the tricks like the ball jump and the quick kill on the intro crab boss.

If anyone want to see my latest run of the game https://www.youtube....h?v=DjfuGrc3iho<---there it is. I have a personal best of 1:22:18, I placed 25th on Speedrun .com

Next run I'll record will most likely be around sub 1:12 or sub 1:10... It really depends on my timing of tricks and me not dying like a scrub.

Cool! I like 8 a lot... except for the cutscenes mispronouncing "Bass", and the terrible voicing of Dr. Light:

"Mwegba Mam, you muzz stob Doctah Wowie!"

Edited by Cukeman, 10 July 2017 - 12:27 PM.

#4352 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

I find the voice acting bad in an endearing kind of way when it comes to mega man 8.

Anyways, I got the ps4 controller to work on my pc and it's been fun. I've been playing mostly chrono cross and a Mario 64 hack simply subtitled "Star Road. " both are fun but as far as Mario hacks go, this ones starting to get bullshit in terms of difficulty.

#4353 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

I love megaman 8 quite a bit, its a pretty decent game. The voice acting is so bad its good category for me, If I had it my way I would be playing the saturn version in japenese lol.

on the topic of megaman 8's bad voice acting here is a Docter Wahwee Jam :tard:

I swear lately the things I'm finding on youtube is getting stranger and stranger. lol

#4354 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:32 AM

edit

Edited by Cukeman, 11 July 2017 - 05:54 AM.

#4355 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

Haven't had time to pick up Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age yet, though until then I'm playing the Steam version of Final Fantasy IV. I'm only five or so hours through and yet I can already tell this is going to be one of the better ones.

Also, sometime last week, I beat Ty Tasmanian Tiger, and South Park: The Stick of Truth, which was perhaps the most screwed up thing I've ever seen in a videogame.

#4356 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

My Sega Saturn memory backup should come in soon, as should my copy of the shining force 3 English prototype (long story); I should be busy for quite a while. In the meantime, i'll just cry at all of the terrible pulls I've been getting in Fire Emblem Heroes :/

#4357 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:57 AM

Recently downloaded some Sonic games back when the Steam sale was on, and I've been playing them and having a pretty good time of it. Finished Sonic's story in Adventure, made it to Tails' version of Mission Street in Adventure 2, and am currently finishing off the missions of the Dreamcast era stages in Generations. I can only play these games on the family computer, and that's not built for gaming, so Generations runs at a kinda low FPS (though it's still fun), and whenever I play Adventure 2, the computer's fan gets really loud for some reason. Adventure 2 seems to have messed up the fan so bad that it's audible even as the PC's sitting idly with nothing open. At least I can turn it off to stop the sound.

#4358 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

Was playing Harvest Moon for GBC on a device that doesn't support the real-time clock. My harvest sprites took my hoe and sickle to upgrade them in 12 hours, which translates to never getting them back, R.I.P. Hello new file, remember not to talk to those evil little guys at all costs this time.

#4359 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:04 PM

I've been playing a lot of stuff lately. Just beat Donkey Kong Country 1, and am playing 2 now and recording it. I'll probably bite the bullet, and play the 3rd one too. Dunno about the Returns games. I don't like them nearly as well as the original trilogy for a multitude of reasons. I might make a video/ post about it, but not right now :P I also beat Pirate's Curse again, with the new game+, and let's see, what else? Oh, I played Momodora 4 again too. Trying to git gud so I can do a hard run without dying all the time.

#4360 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:45 AM

Well after spending so long with BotW, I finally came back to Wind Waker HD and finished off my Hero Mode run I started since last year. Probably still the best Zelda game to me IMO and that ending never stops being amazing lol.

I'm thinking I might eventually revisit all the Zelda games and play them all in order of release date. There are a few games I haven't played in such a long time, and others where I don't think I've given a very fair chance (Z2, PH, MM etc). Hopefully by doing this, I can also generate a proper list which ranks all the Zelda games based off my personal experiences. I think that would be pretty fun and should give me something to do over the summer. I guess you can say I'm gonna be doing my own personal Zeldathon :P

Besides Zelda though, been playing Geometry Dash (bet nobody was expecting that), and a couple other random steam games I have (Euro Truck Sim 2, VVVVVV, Terraria). Might try and revisit Summon Night Swordcraft Story eventually and maybe I might look into Fire Emblem. Can't really say if its my kind of game but it looks interesting so I wouldn't mind giving a game a shot soon.

#4361 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

Might try and revisit Summon Night Swordcraft Story eventually and maybe I might look into Fire Emblem. Can't really say if its my kind of game but it looks interesting so I wouldn't mind giving a game a shot soon.

I'd say the best way to start with is Fire Emblem 7 (also known as Fire Emblem in America/Europe). It has a great story, and a required tutorial mode if it's a new cartridge, so it's the perfect one to start with.

• Eddy likes this

#4362 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

I would suggest starting off with FE: Sacred Stones (FE8) first. While FE7 (Blazing Sword/"Fire Emblem" in the US) is also a really good starting point thanks to the tutorial mode, Sacred Stones is easy and enjoyable to get into while offering a little bit of everything Fire Emblem has to offer; including things that more modern games like Shadows of Valentia have like an overworld map system.

Though if you go with Sacred Stones first, play on either Easy or Hard. Normal has a bug that screws up the lategame enemy stats badly, making it easier than Easy.

Edited by Orithan, 21 July 2017 - 06:19 PM.

• Eddy likes this

#4363 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

Nearing the end of Fall in Harvest Moon GBC. The days are too short and the seasons are too long. I really wish the time system worked so that days passed based on your number of actions rather than seconds. That way you could stop to think about what you'd like to do next, or put the Game Boy down for a few minutes without losing time. Instead it just feels like a mad race against the clock, when it should be up to the player whether they want to race around the farm or take things at a more relaxed pace without being penalized.

Edited by Cukeman, 22 July 2017 - 12:39 PM.

#4364 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

Indeed, especially because it is a portable game.

#4365 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:36 AM

Nearing the end of Fall in Harvest Moon GBC. The days are too short and the seasons are too long. I really wish the time system worked so that days passed based on your number of actions rather than seconds. That way you could stop to think about what you'd like to do next, or put the Game Boy down for a few minutes without losing time. Instead it just feels like a mad race against the clock, when it should be up to the player whether they want to race around the farm or take things at a more relaxed pace without being penalized.

i don't know this vesion, but in some Harvest Moon games, the time stop when you re in the barn, so if you need to take care of animals always stay inside and let them go out when you take all eggs,milk...that help.

Anyway, even in the versions for SNES and N64  the days are too short and seasons too long, but at least in N64 there more festivals and..more thing for break the monotony.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users