Photo

Screenshot of the Week 16

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 16 (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 16

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 02:03 PM

And the nominees are...

blckscab
http://members.aol.com/donkeybrayjnr/images/spacessotw2.bmp
The fountain of blood.

PrinceMSC
user posted image
"The Revenge Special Edition. Coming soon."

Blonde799
[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.angelfire.com/games4/zcman/title.bmp[/img]
"Behold, the NEW(and improved) Wandering Evil title screen!"

Praethus
user posted image
Hyrule from Realms

ZeldaLord
[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/lord_ganon019/zelda083.bmp[/img]
A screen from Kokiri Village.

#2 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 02:31 PM

I like the fountain of blood. icon_twisted.gif

#3 Blonde799

Blonde799

Senior

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 02:55 PM

The fountain looks cool, but IMHO, the rain and color layers over the player would complete it.icon_smile.gif

#4 ZeldaLord

ZeldaLord

Legendary Hero

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 03:38 PM

*Looks at Blackscab's screenshot. icon_eek.gif*
*Is doomed.*

#5 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 03:47 PM

PrinceMSC. His shot just looks fresh compared to the others with a mix I haven't seen before. icon_smile.gif

The blue rain in blckscab's is rubbing me wrong for some reason when looking at the red blood. icon_confused.gif

No offense... but the Wandering Evil shot nearly blinded me because of the hot pink. I can't read the text on it either. icon_sweat.gif

The continuous row of flowers in Praethus' shot erks me. If he maybe had some color alternation that wasn't in a pattern, it would look better. I liked how he mixed LTTP and Pure though. icon_smile.gif

#6 Blonde799

Blonde799

Senior

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 04:06 PM

That's not hot pink you were looking at, Nick.icon_smile.gif As for the text, it's readable for me, and I'm visually impaired. Maybe you should get your eyes checked. I'm not joking, get them checked. Now.

#7 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(Blonde799 @ Feb 10 2003, 04:06 PM)
That's not hot pink you were looking at, Nick.icon_smile.gif As for the text, it's readable for me, and I'm visually impaired. Maybe you should get your eyes checked. I'm not joking, get them checked. Now.

It looks hot pink on my monitor.

Also, I DO have vision problems. I'm sure that's perfectly readable in the actual quest, but it's not in the screenshot due to the darkness of it clashing with the color I think is hot pink. icon_confused.gif

Edit: Bleh... you got me confused now. icon_razz.gif

I meant it blended in so well with the dark that I couldn't read the "wandering evil" text. icon_sweat.gif

#8 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 04:33 PM

It's magenta. More purple than pink... icon_shrug.gif

I like ZLs. Don't ask why, I just do. It just looks OOTish to me or something.

#9 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 05:29 PM

I like Blckscab's. None of the others have impressed me much with originality. So Blckscab's gets my vote.

#10 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 05:33 PM

double post, but oh well, Prince, I just have one request for your Revenge update, please leave out 6 of the 10 bubbles you placed in the final Ganon Battle. Please...for the love of god. I hate to go in physically and edit your quest so I could beat it. 10 bubbles is way too much. 4 is manageable.

#11 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 06:32 PM

First of all DFW, you already know not to 2x post...

Second of all, the 10 bubbles are possible. I beat it on my first try. It's difficult, but possible.

I think he should leave them in. icon_razz.gif

#12 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:11 PM

I voted for Prince. I'm glad to see Revenge SE is still gonna happen. icon_biggrin.gif

#13 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:29 PM

OK, Blonde, the problem with this title screen is a combination of too much in a small area as well as the color choices. I had to look closesly in order to distinguish what is what. I could only see the handle of the sword for a while, until I figured out that those little red and black blobs were flames. Then you have the black, red and white Triforce pieces, which again took some time to distinguish. I'm not sure what those purple blobs at the top are supposed to be. Maybe some pattern? It kind of reminds me of space invaders a little after looking at if for a while. Everything is too cramped together. There's just too much. And I can see what Nick means by it being hard to read the subtitles. Don't take it personally, I just didn't like it too much.

There doesn't seem to be much distinguishing you picture. It's just... green trees. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's not something that's going to stick in my head.

Prince: it looks good, but something about the smoke from the waterfall is bothering me. There's not much unique (but that's bound to happen in a remake icon_shrug.gif )

That leaves blckscab and Praethus. It was a tough choice between the two. Praethus' pic is definately one of the better ones I've seen from him. The only thing that bothers me is the green house. Green doesn't agree with me as a house color. The flower line doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I like it. And blckscab is definately being original here. It's also one of his better pics. The blue is a little bright, and the red is just a smidge light, but I really like it. I went with blckscab.

#14 DToE

DToE

I need a good Vincent Valentine Avatar

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 10:22 PM

i can't see any of them this week. darn it!

#15 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 February 2003 - 10:59 PM

doesn't matter Toaster, just vote Blackscb! icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users