Love For Fire's 5th Quest Entry

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hey guys, just submitted my 5th quest entry to the home page, but as people find bugs or I make revisions, the most current version of the quest can be found here: https://docs.google....t?usp=drive_web

Feel free to use this thread for help/comments/bugs/etc.

#2 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

very nice work on lvl 3 beat it before even can find the first 2 lvls

#3 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

I had fixed a few bugs since uploading to the main pureZC page, so make sure to update from the OP in this thread. Things fixed so far are a missing side warp in level 2, an incorrect level 2 entrance and an issue I was having with the magic wand.

And nice work with level 3, that couldn't have been an easy feat. Check places where important things were in the past to help get started.

#4 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

just beat level 3.  this is probably my of the 5th quest entries so far.  feels the most like it could have existed on the cartridge.  the first two levels might be a bit easy (i did have the white sword for #2, probably a different story without).  but the difficulty ramped up with the 3rd.  

in level 3 i couldn't figure out a way to backtrack from the left side of the map.  the old man says passageways are one-way.  there is a set of stairs inside a diamond that i can't access, are one of the blocks supposed to have a push flag?  i ended up dying and just going to the boss from the start.  also, a few rooms have statues that don't fire, the first gohma was too easy, and the wallmasters are wasted in the room before the boss.

edit:  oh, and i thought the "its dangerous" item was dumb.  turn it into a hint to the sword location, or give something usable at least (rupees, bombs, start the player off with 1 heart and give a fairy combined with enemies on the starting screen)

edit2:  possible bug?  the first quest level 6 entrance has a stairs combo under one of the armos

edit3:  another bug?  level4, screen 3rd from the right 4th from the bottom, dark screen, has darknuts, there is a push block that does nothing 

Edited by justin, 19 November 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#5 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Possible Level 4 issue

Spoiler

#6 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

justin lvl 6 1st quest stairs always been there  not a bug

#7 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

justin lvl 6 1st quest stairs always been there  not a bug

yup, the regular lvl6 entrance is still there (though it doesn't go to lvl6), but on the same screen there is an armos that hides stairs as well.  if you're saying its like that in the 1st quest too, i'd never noticed it before.

edit:  same on the 1st quest level 5 screen.  there's a stair combo under an armos.

Another bug?  Level 5, the bottom left screen you kill some blue wizzrobes to uncover some stairs.  the stairs insta-warp you to the like-like room below the left eye, you are trapped on the screen.

edit:  and the compass marker is wrong for level5, and level6

edit3: whistle warps go to first quest dungeons?  intentional?

edit4:  level7, the return passageway from the boss key puts you in the right room with the candle mummies, but it appears the return square isn't set.

Edited by justin, 20 November 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#8 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

Thank you for pointing all of these out and I'm glad you're enjoying the quest.

Level 3 bugs are fixed, Level 4 as well, though it's hard to figure out a way to organize the keys so that it's impossible to do that. The only reason I'm going to leave it this way is because in the original if you didn't manage your keys properly in later dungeons you wouldn't have enough and have to buy some. This is probably the only point in the quest that this could happen and you could always buy one to get past it.

Level 5 and 6 compasses I derped there cause I made the DMaps before I actually built the dungeons and forgot to fix those two.

The whistle warps IIRC did that in the second quest so I left them to their original locations. The old level 5/6 staircases under armos things were also present in the original.

The Level 5/7 warp return bugs were a big find as I had set them up correctly but misclicked the type as "Entrance/Exit" instead of "Passageway" which was making them ignore their warp return squares (that left me scratching my head for a minute lol).

Version with the bugfixes has been uploaded, use the link in the OP

Edited by Love For Fire, 21 November 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#9 DaDoc540

DaDoc540

formerly boram_c

• Members

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:28 PM

I found two issues with Level 7.  If a player is trapped behind a One-Way Shutter (Room 43), did not blast any walls leading into Room 52 (with a Dungeon item blocked out by water and a Locked Door), has only one Bomb remaining, and kills all of the Wallmasters, then the player will be forced to either reset (F6) or sacrifice a life.  I suggest that Bombs be placed in one of the rooms beyond the One-Way Shutter so that a player lacking them can have a chance to blast himself or herself out of a jam.

A less pressing issue involves the map itself.  Room 47 is invisible on the heads-up display, yet has a Locked Door clearly leading into it.  Was this a design oversight?

Edit: A major issue in Level 8: the passageway from Room 34 to Room 40 is placing the player in the Northwest corner.

Edited by DaDoc540, 14 June 2015 - 10:52 PM.

#10 soxfan2k4

soxfan2k4

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:04 PM

So I just downloaded this quest.  I go into the first cave, and I'm given..................................a COMPASS!?  I expected the wooden sword

Did I download a b0rked version??

#11 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:50 AM

lol thats great, I originally wanted to do that but the people judging weren't too happy about it. I did change it back to a sword though, but if you got the troll edition, the sword will be where Level 1 is in the original quests.

Unfortunately I have no idea what password I used for this quest and can't do bug fixes :(

This here is the most updated version that was submitted for the contest: https://docs.google....t?usp=drive_web

#12 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:58 PM

Hi, I'm at level three or level four, but what's the wapon to kill those blue poll voices,,?

arrow , don't  ,,, bombs don't ,,  fire don't,, any advise..? thans

#13 linkhead

linkhead

• Members

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

Hi Love for Fire, great quest, am having a blast! Stuck in dungeon 4, help please! Have the boomerang and beat the boss but I cannot for the life of me access the red bracelet....thanks!

#14 soxfan2k4

soxfan2k4

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:55 PM

Just downloaded.  Giving it a try

Edited by soxfan2k4, 01 January 2019 - 03:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users