Photo

Why is it countries feel the need to conquer other countries?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Chris Miller

Chris Miller

The Dark Man

• Banned

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

It's really quite simple:
1) Greed
2) The guys in charge simply don't like the other country. North Korea would be an excellent example of the latter. I suspect there will eventually be a war with them, unless something big happens over there.
3) The guy in charge is insane/sadistic: i.e. Hitler, Stalin...Kim Jon Il/Un may fall into that category too.
4) Politics. Some may argue the wars in Vietnam and Korea were set up to make the U.S. look good. It may be argued as well that it was altruistic on their part, to get rid of the oppressive government. We'll never know for sure.

Edited by Chris Miller, 23 April 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#17 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

This pretty much sums it up.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=48-tcRiBNj4

#18 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

It's kind of hard to take this thread seriously when there's a main statement like, "Most people just want to live a good life and accomplish a career." It's just a generalizing statement and the phrase 'a good life' doesn't work when you have a very very diverse amount of people in the world. I realize this isn't particularly on the topic of war, but explaining human nature (which does tie into why war happens) is a lot more complicated than this. What defines a 'good life' in the first place? I'm sure asking different people will yield a lot of different results, because the answer is entirely up to each owns perspective. There's a lot more I could say about this, but that's really for another thread.

I think the others have generally answered on the topic of war well enough- greed, nationalism, and image are three I think of right off the bat. I think a lot of these tie in together, particularly the first two together, and the last two together. Greed is easily more land, more resources, etc., nationalism is blindly thinking your country is better than every other one as well as blindly supporting whatever it does, and image can be crucial to get the rest of the world having a more positive view on you. They're all traits that are easily defined to the average person, although a bit less extreme than reasons for warmongering.

#19 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

Must be something of really ancient, the story is full of wars, even prehistoric men killing each other between tribes and now we do between nations, we will continue to do wars even in future ? yes, is sure.

Even animals fight, just think to the story of evolution..is all based on kill for  eat or be eat, everything is a steak or a salad and at the sametime we are predators ! maybe is this the law of nature and we humans continue to follow this rule, but in a different way.

Now we go to the core of the question : "why?" :

money,resouces, power, the will of submitt the weaker, the idea to be part of a "superior race" and that is not worth divide all the good things of the world whit "inferior beings" ( carefull, i'm not talking just of nationalism )...all this replace the "food"

Blame just the dictators is a excuse, the followers have the same faults.

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 15 February 2017 - 05:47 PM.

#20 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:34 PM

I think fear is about 95% of it.

-Strike

#21 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

Here Koh: https://www.amazon.c...m/dp/0099466066

(I'm serious by the way, everyone should read this.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users