Photo

Yooka-Laylee

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#31 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

Meanwhile Yooka's and Laylee's genders are not confirmed yet, FUELING WILD SPECULATION ACROSS THE INTERNET, HOMES ARE BURNING DOWN, THERE'S CHAOS IN THE STREETS, I JUST SAW A DOG MARRY A CAT

Personally I could see Yooka being female, maybe both of them, but what's important to me is we finally get a good, unique, and charming 3D platformer after too long. :(

• HavoX likes this

#32 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:42 PM

Its obvious that Yooka is a female... and Laylee is a Male. well its not that obvious. But it would be a nice change, now we need a debate on weather this is correct information.

#33 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:50 PM

Personally I could see Yooka being female, maybe both of them, but what's important to me is we finally get a good, unique, and charming 3D platformer after too long. :(

Ratchet and Clank, lol.  Jak and Daxter.  

#34 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:18 PM

Um... the last main series Jak and Daxter game came out in 2004. Remakes and spinoffs don't really count. Sure, it seems the last two Ratchet & Clank games were in 2009 and 2013, but the review scores don't exactly look glowing. You also could have mentioned Super Mario 3D Land and 3D World, which I purposefully left out because they're not what I want in a 3D platformer. And Galaxy 2 was in 2010, but five years is long enough to me. And as shouldn't need to be stated, it's all subjective anyway.

So my statement stands, free from pointless nitpicking.

#35 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:24 PM

then why post it on the Internet?!  surely you wanted such a response....

pick this nit.

#36 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:59 PM

I was so excited and shocked earlier that I forgot to post something meaningful. :P

My first reaction to the two characters was, "Wait. That's exactly like Banjo-Kazooie." and then I realized it. "Wait! That's EXACTLY like Banjo-Kazooie!"

Part of me wants it to be a totally new concept... but then I realize that it isn't called a spiritual successor for nothing. They have every right to do this- as they came up with the original character concept in the first place. :D

I figured Yooka was male and Laylee was female, though I would be just as happy any other way... Or refreshed if it were inverted. Laylee just seems like a female name to me. Yooka could go either way.

#37 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:03 PM

Laylee does make me think of Layla, so it sounded feminine to me at first. Regardless, I'm excited, and I doubt it'll be too similar; even if Laylee has some similar moves to Kazooie such as hovering and maybe even flying, I don't see egg shooting and talon trotting being feasible. :P

Also Yooka probably wouldn't share any of Banjo's moves either, so I think we're solid; they already mentioned using the tongue like a grappling hook for Yooka and a sonar pulse for Laylee. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

#38 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:07 PM

Good point. I didn't really think about the whole moveset. There will definitely be some similarities, though.

But honestly, I would be happy even if they did have a shockingly similar set of moves.

#39 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:31 PM

This is looking amazing!

I liked how Yooka used that rolling move to go faster. Interesting. :)

#40 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:10 AM

talon trotting

Chameleons have sharp claws on their toes that allow them to climb, so if there were any steep hills, Yooka could use his/her claws to run up these hills.

#41 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:38 AM

I'm hoping it has a big emphasis on exploration and secret finding, and won't just be a hallway simulator.  I'd like to see making use of the environment around you to find secrets.  Like for example, climbing a palm tree that leads up to a cave that's inaccessable otherwise, or even hiding stuff within the same palm tree where, if you shake the top, collectibles (and coconuts) come falling out of the palm tree.

• Beefster likes this

#42 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:31 AM

I would honestly be surprised if it was a hallway simulator. That simply isn't in the spirit of a Banjo-Kazooie-type game.

EDIT: well, I just backed it for $47 (30 pounds) because I wanted the soundtrack. I'm so excited!

Edited by Beefster, 01 May 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#43 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:26 AM

https://www.kickstar...rmer-rare-vival

A wild Kickstarter appeared!

What will you do?

Back Back

Back Be a loser and not back!

^Pokemon thing for an unknown reason

(Also I WANT TO BACK THIS SO BAD JUST TO GET A STEAM VERSION! Oh boy it'd be sure be nice if someone would pledge $10 and let me have it. hey you can't blame me I secretly hope people would be nice to me all the time)

Edited by Ventus, 01 May 2015 - 11:29 AM.

#44 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:01 PM

Breaking News: It's already fully funded. It wasn't even up for a full hour before it reached its goal.

• The Satellite likes this

#45 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:18 PM

ITS SO FUNDED!! It shows people really want this game to happen. :D (this generation of gaming needed a game like this so badly)

Edit- $500,000+ funded!! 

Edited by Ventus, 01 May 2015 - 12:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users