3 replies to this topic

#1 ArchAngelleofJustice

ArchAngelleofJustice

• Members

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:35 AM

Hi all,

This is my first attempt at importing a script. I'm using spinnut, found at:

http://www.purezc.ne...=scripts&id=232

When I run the demo, the spinnut enemy works perfectly.

But when I import it into zscript in a quest, it doesn't work correctly. Spinnut doesn't move at all! He performs his walking animation but does not move in any way!

I have created a spinnut enemy and a lazycircler enemy (named Spinnut@Spinnut and Lazycircler@Lazycircler) and copied the enemy's stats exactly. I have compiled the zscript and assigned Spinnut to Slot 1 (I'm not sure what this is but I did it). I've changed the script parameters to point to a sprite with an empty tile, and the Spinnut sword tile as per the script instructions. And I've copied ghost.zh and friends into the Zelda Classic folder.

I am so confused! I am almost certain ghost.zh is not working correctly but I cannot figure out why.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:31 AM

Are you using a new save file? When you first import ghost.zh, it requires you start with a fresh save, as it adds some globals. If it's still not working on a new save, there a few other things that might be causing it, but I'm guessing that's the issue.

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:37 AM

Make sure you're not forgetting to set the global script to it's active slot after importing scripts. Also, in the enemy editor set Misc. Attr. 12 to the slot number of the FFC script.

Edited by Avataro, 11 April 2017 - 08:39 AM.

#4 ArchAngelleofJustice

ArchAngelleofJustice

• Members

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:06 PM

Thanks guys, I have it working now! I believe I had not set the ghosts script to active.

It's pretty confusing for a newcomer to try and get scripts to work!

Edited by ArchAngelleofJustice, 11 April 2017 - 05:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users