Strange ZC question I have

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CimFighter

CimFighter

CimFam/Writer

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

How hard is it trying to beat a quest without using a potion or the fairy pond? (like if you find a screen where the fairy pond is but dont go to the pond itself) I've considered trying to play the original quest without going to the pond once or using a single potion. Im gonna attempt it this weekend.

Edited by CimFighter, 28 April 2017 - 02:48 PM.

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

After playing Z1 so many times in my life, it has become incredibly easy for me and I usually never use potions or fairy ponds anymore (though I never used them to begin with).

As for quests, I feel like that depends on the actual quest itself. If the quest is really tough and challenging, then playing it without potions or fairy ponds can be quite hard. Though if the quest is very easy, then I would never find the need to use them.

• Dark Ice Dragon and CimFighter like this

#3 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

Like eddy said, this really depends on the difficulty of the quest and the skill of the player. Some quests are so easy you never need to use either, other quests are so hard that you might need to buy half a dozen potions just to get through level 1
  • CimFighter likes this

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

With the first quest, I never use potions anymore. I just find all the hearts asap, but I will use fairy fountains before levels 5, 6, and 9 cause I don't wanna grind for hearts. The other dungeons I can pretty much take or leave at any health.

• CimFighter likes this

#5 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:43 AM

I can beat the first two quests without any issues (and that without fairy pond or potion). However, when I played Lust Isle and my own quests, I occasionally used a fairy pond (or heart refill spot in LI's Level 4 for example). On a sidenote, your avatar is funny, Cimfighter. Meow! :)

• CimFighter likes this

#6 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

when I played Lust Isle and my own quests, I occasionally used a fairy pond (or heart refill spot in LI's Level 4 for example). On a sidenote, your avatar is funny, Cimfighter. Meow! :)

Lust Isle, huh? Sounds sexy.
  • Anthus likes this

#7 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

I'm gonna echo everyone else here: It depends on the difficulty of the quest, and the skill of the player. The First Quest of Z1 is pretty easy, I could easily see getting through it without potions or fairy ponds (I wouldn't do it, but I'm not very good and I like having full life as much as possible), but trying to do something like Armageddon Quest without either is probably not recommended.

#8 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:57 AM

I'm gonna echo everyone else here: It depends on the difficulty of the quest, and the skill of the player. The First Quest of Z1 is pretty easy, I could easily see getting through it without potions or fairy ponds (I wouldn't do it, but I'm not very good and I like having full life as much as possible), but trying to do something like Armageddon Quest without either is probably not recommended.

(Emphasis, mine.)

Strike that, and ponder if it is possible.

TeamUDF certainly has many LPs where he doesn't use potions.

Drop rates for hearts, faeries, and such is also critical, alongside general skill, input issues (controller directionals, or other latency), and other factors other than sheer quest difficulty.

#9 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

I use double-hearts in my quests to even out the small chance of a fairy drop, and instead I raised the fairy health regen from 3 to 5 hearts (same as Lust Isle did as well because it would have been too hard without that boost). :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users