• Please log in to reply
7943 replies to this topic

#7246 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:34 PM

Dang, I really like that palette (it is VERY PrinceMSC), and those trees actually suit the set really well.  Nice work.

• Sheik likes this

#7247 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:26 PM

His old Adventure Island houses seem to work well, too. The fences are NoeL's from way back, the pots are to my knowledge Prince's, too. Well, everything is edited slightly, but the credit goes to them.

LJd9odg.png

• Neppy, Moonbread, Bourkification and 2 others like this

#7248 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:42 PM

I'm getting a heavy Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town vibe from that screen for whatever reason. Reminds me of the Spring. 

#7249 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:54 AM

ZMz5glY.gif

• Neppy, Moonbread, Eddy and 5 others like this

#7250 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:33 PM

UGvvNj5.png

Another random tiletest. I made some edits to the house (you will mainly notice the new windows) and sprited "border" tiles for the mountaintops to provide some structure and mark jumpable ledges. It's good fun and all, but I am very undecided where I want to go with this should I decide to build a quest with it. I also made a Lost Woods palette but I don't have worthwhile forest tiles to show it off yet.

Edited by Sheik, 21 November 2016 - 01:48 PM.

• Neppy, Moonbread, Bourkification and 4 others like this

#7251 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:43 PM

UGvvNj5.png

The water looks too placid. It's not blending well for me with such more detail elsewhere.

Otherwise, I really like the screen.

Is that a random cave or a mini-dungeon?

#7252 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:05 PM

Yeah I have been thinking about things to do with the water... I actually an idea, too. As for that cave: it isn't really something at all, it's just a testing screen. But it would be a normal cave if it was anything. I might actually ditch those cave entrances, they are too big.

Edit. One possible solution for the water tiles:

o7K4hTV.png

Edited by Sheik, 21 November 2016 - 03:56 PM.

• Eddy, MoscowModder, Jared and 2 others like this

#7253 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:25 PM

Yeah I have been thinking about things to do with the water... I actually an idea, too. As for that cave: it isn't really something at all, it's just a testing screen. But it would be a normal cave if it was anything. I might actually ditch those cave entrances, they are too big.

Edit. One possible solution for the water tiles:

o7K4hTV.png

This is literally gorgeous. I'm very eager to see what else you do with this.

• Sheik likes this

#7254 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:56 AM

o7K4hTV.png

Oh my, I really love the look of those water tiles. They remind me so much of WW's water and look beautiful. Really great work once again.

#7255 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:29 PM

So, I have been working on forest stuff, like I said earlier.

I am trying not to overdo it with the detail to keep that simple BS Zelda look and hence I decided against adding fallen leafs and that one curly GB Zelda grass tile etc. but wanted to set the mood primarily through colors and design choices. I have settled on something like the Lost Woods from OoT where you don't have forest brush like the Lost Woods in ALttP but mountains where logs run through. I might add a forest overhang but I kind of don't want to go for the LttP one and the FireBird one might be too sophisticated... I will see about that. As for now, this is what I got going conceptually:

yhZl03S.png

Nevermind the screendesign, I know it's all over the place. It's way too chaotic as is, but this is - again - more of a tile test.

Edit. Oh. - And I fixed around some stuff on the ocean scene, such as laying the sealine over the water. I think it looks great, tbh. Also sprited Lttp-esque bombable mountain boulders.

5Kcf6ud.png

Edited by Sheik, 24 November 2016 - 05:32 PM.

• Eddy, MoscowModder, Joelmacool and 2 others like this

#7256 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:38 PM

Wouldn't it be better to add a tile that indicates you can jump down from there instead of the border? It would be easier to use since you don't have to put the border everywhere you shouldn't be able to jump down from and since the little stones form a straight line it doesn't look too great to me and kind of kills the charm of the bs-mountains. The new sealine adds a great and needed transition to the ww-water, but in general I like it more without. The forest screen looks chaotic but also just awesome. I don't see how a forest overhang could improve it, if you want to go more for the lost woods or zelda woods in general I think it would be worth to try creating an alternate design instead of overthrowing the current one.

#7257 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:04 AM

dk59UWG.png

• Neppy and Eddy like this

#7258 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:27 AM

The lying pillars would look better if not cut in the middle but diagonally from the bottom left cornor pixel of what is actually the top of the pillar to the top right cornor pixel of what is actually the bottom of the pillar. In terms of colors and mood it's nicely done, though.

Edit: Somewhat like this, though it doesn't look too great, either. You can use it if you like to, of course:

1FhBPBM.png

Edited by Sheik, 25 November 2016 - 11:49 AM.

• Shane likes this

#7259 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

5zu0vad.png

I think they can use some final/minor adjustments. I like the perspective though, thanks!

• Eddy, Jared and coolgamer012345 like this

#7260 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:51 PM

I made a Lake Hylia palette, too:

mBlCX5t.png

Credits for the trees go to Alestance, the Lanayru sprite was made by ZFGC's Leduardo. The Link is Koh's pwange Link.

• Neppy, Shane, Eddy and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users