Mobile problems Script Compiling

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

Hey, guys. So, I'm pretty much just running internet off my phone and can't seem to grab any of the Scripts or download them. I can view them, but can't get Chrome to download the popup page or anything.

If someone could just make a .rar file that I can download and transfer to my computer, it would be really helpful. (I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to copy and paste them without losing my post...please forgive me.)

Moosh's Cliffs, NPCs, Empty Bottles, and Pits (I loved the demo quest). Pegasus Boots, and Authentic Dungeon Barriers.

Please, if anyone could help me, I would seriously appreciate it and repay the favor once I get my quest to a somewhat more complete state. I'm willing to try putting them all in myself, I just dont have the access.

-Jake

PS. In the Classic set, there are swords and things larger than a tile. Is it possible to do that? That really intrigues me.

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

Moosh's Cliffs, NPCs, Empty Bottles, and Pits (I loved the demo quest). Pegasus Boots, and Authentic Dungeon Barriers.

PS. In the Classic set, there are swords and things larger than a tile. Is it possible to do that? That really intrigues me.

Are all of those scripts by the same author? Don't want to accidentally grab the wrong script.

I guess it's not possible to copy and paste on a phone? It's one of the reasons why Smartphones scare the hell out of me.

#3 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

The first four are.
The Boots and Barriers aren't, but I found those on the first page just sorting all by rating.

Yeah, my phone doesnt have problems copying to a text, its just finnicky doing it from Chrome to Chrome.

Weird.

#4 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

Here we are. All scripts zipped up. Lemme know when you have them so I can delete them from my Dropbox. I included the example quests just in case.

Didn't really attempt to look at the Classic set for those swords. Kinda at work at the moment.

#5 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:06 PM

All downloaded. No rush on the sword thing. Thank you so much, man. Have a good shift at work! :)
  • ShadowTiger likes this

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

*Salutes* Happy to help.

Mhm. Alright. Any chance you could be a bit more specific? Do you remember a tiles page number? Is this the same Classic Tileset that's been released for the past ten years or something? I feel like it would be incredibly easy for me to take a screenshot of the wrong thing and send it to you.

#7 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

Swords: I'm looking at the bottom of Tile pg. 78 in ZQuest v2.50 build 28. Blank Quest, just File -> New, and go to the tile pages. Looks like 2x2 slash tiles...?

Another question, though. Can I overwrite the sfx data in a quest? Are any of these hard-coded? I downloaded sounds from Minish Cap and Link To The Past to use in conjunction with Firebird, so now there are sounds for all four swords and such. My OCD really wants them to be organized and integrated into the new sounds, but I dont want to shoot myself in the foot if something is hardcoded to a specific slot.

Oh, and to make that about scripts, is there a way to where I can put in 4 or 5 different Link yells and have the sword play the sword sfx but also randomly choose one of 3 other determined sfx clips to layer on it?

You know what I'm getting at.

Edited by Reflectionist, 14 April 2017 - 12:45 PM.

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

Swords: I'm looking at the bottom of Tile pg. 78 in ZQuest v2.50 build 28. Blank Quest, just File -> New, and go to the tile pages. Looks like 2x2 slash tiles...?

Wow. Well that's about as specific as it gets. With that level of specificity, I'm amazed you weren't able to grab it yourself at that moment. But that's just my curiosity; not saying anything in particular.

Another question, though. Can I overwrite the sfx data in a quest? Are any of these hard-coded? I downloaded sounds from Minish Cap and Link To The Past to use in conjunction with Firebird, so now there are sounds for all four swords and such. My OCD really wants them to be organized and integrated into the new sounds, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot if something is hardcoded to a specific slot.

Sword-wise, you should be fine. If worse comes to worse, every SFX data has a "Default" button that will restore it. You're basically safe. :)

Besides, each sword can have its own SFX slot.

Oh, and to make that about scripts, is there a way to where I can put in 4 or 5 different Link yells and have the sword play the sword sfx but also randomly choose one of 3 other determined sfx clips to layer on it?

I actually have that script in my Dreams of Yesterday script file. Remind me when I get home in four hours and I'll ship it your way. :) It's really simple.

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

Yes, but only with scripting. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Moosh has done something with larger swords before. Here, if you wanna see in action. With that said, it's a pain to do, and probably not really worth it, unless you want a world of pain and suffering with scripting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users