• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#16 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:30 AM

I playing Link's Awakening (Boy, haven't play that in a while.) and I came across with a prairie not so many in people's quest thrus and hence I added one to keep the feild theme away for the hub area. If you don't know what a prairie is, its basically a land with lots and lots of grass.

#17 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:43 AM

Temple Ext. -
  • Maybe a valley/gorge type area with sealed (Bomable? Switches?) entrances with extra goodies ect.
  • Maybe a huge temple ext. That can be completed in any fashion.
  • Hidden entrances i.e Underwater ect.

#18 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

Overworld:

Crystal Ruins:

This type of area is not much used. I only saw this in "Time After" and it was a beautiful place. There should be crystals everywhere, obviously.

Another Hometown:

Link does not always have to start in a grass-type village. What about a small poor fisher-village where most of the town is swimming above water.

Dungeon:

Temperature Switch

You could make a temperatur changing dungeon. There is a switch with that Link can change the temperature of the dungeon. Boiling, warm, cold and glacially.

#19 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

As you probably (don't) know my favorite Zelda title was Oracle of Seasons. I actually enjoyed other titles more or even liked many, many aspects of them better than respective ones in OoS but I'm still digging OoS big time because I have some sort of cheesy emotional bond to the thing.
Anyways. I was sort of disappointed there wasn't a "real" Seasons-Themed dungeon. I used to think that it'd be so awesome, but now I'm not so sure anymore wether four themes for one dungeon would not break it. But dungeons themed after the seasons (one a time) would still be a great way to break the overrated forest-fire-water dungeon-tirangle.

#20 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:34 AM

@Shiek, Shoelace made a really good seasons themed dungeons in HoD, if you haven't played that already, I highly recommend it.

Avataro: The temperature themed dungeon is one of the best ideas I've seen here, I'd like to see that too.

#21 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:04 AM

Dungeon Idea: Make a dungeon where you have 4 portals either forest, fire, water and ice. Pick one and the other three can not be entered and yeah it's a normal dungeon with a blind choice.

#22 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:11 PM

Dungeon Idea: If you can run a day/night script, have a dungeon that changes theme depending on the time of day you enter it. Upon entering, day/night cycle stops.

#23 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

Have any of you ever considered making a dungeon based on extraterrestrial ruins in space? You could have it and the surrounding overworld be an ancient, ruined city that was once home to a civilization far more advanced in science and technology than we are today. For that reason it should have a futuristic look to it.

Another good idea would be to have a quest with past, present AND future overworlds. You could also have a dungeon that takes place in several time periods. That is one good way to make a dungeon with a small floor plan quite long!

There does seem to be a lack of quests taking place in modern times. Peteo released a tileset that makes this possible, and I have drawn some high-voltage transmission lines that go north and south. Maybe you could make a quest that takes place in a small suburb and places nearby?

#24 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

Funny thing: Diamond Quest will have a (run-down) modern city being seen later on. It may clash with the theme, as there are medievel-esque villages elsewhere, but I have some logical explanition as to why they are medievel.

Space Temple: As seen in Platinum Quest. Link somehow gets into there from a place on the planet and the dungeon runs as normal; with torches and occasionaly a few broken pillars here and there.

Mirror Temple: A dungeon full of mirrors, even the walls are mirrors, but don't attempt to make them mirror combos; as they tend to crash ZC if they are overly spammed. Revfan has made a good Mirror Temple set in his loose tile submissions.

Edited by Orin XD, 18 January 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#25 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(Nolornbon @ Mar 27 2011, 04:15 PM) View Post

Have any of you ever considered making a dungeon based on extraterrestrial ruins in space? You could have it and the surrounding overworld be an ancient, ruined city that was once home to a civilization far more advanced in science and technology than we are today. For that reason it should have a futuristic look to it.

In many later iterations of LoRII, one of the hidden realm of the Sages was actually a space-like domain. The focus was more on actual space as opposed to planetary travel. You'd travel across bridges of energy and that sort of thing. I was thinking about focusing the dungeon on alignment of the inner-realm planets (like our own galaxy, but on a much smaller scale) to make certain things happen. Though the idea of extraterrestrials would be neat to see; especially with a dungeon since it means you can apply a whole new level of logic to the puzzles (what's to say aliens think the same way we do? icon_razz.gif) and a really nifty item. (Alien technology ftw).

Also, a steampunk dungeon would be really nifty. I had planned this once upon a time for LoRII, but I tossed the idea as it wouldn't fit in very well. That and I had very few tiles nor was I capable of making decent graphics. I may revisit the idea, but I thought I'd share it. Plenty of potential there with intricate devices and whatnot.

On the mirror dungeon, like I said earlier, there's plenty more potential that just mirror combos. With scripting, why not have a switch that only a mirrored copy of Link can activate? Maybe an enemy like Dark Link, except that it literally only mimics your moves and you have to use some trickery to win? Clues in the mirrors to tip off inconsistencies in the dungeon, like a weak wall or a hidden switch. There's plenty of potential; just look to what developers have already done with such an idea. (Thinking of Paper Mario off hand) It's an idea I'd love to do, probably coupled with my crystal area idea I posted earlier.

#26 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:09 AM

I'll post a few ideas I've contemplated on as well as one that I used on my Dawn to Twilight quest.

Overworld

- If you plan on making a more linear Zelda quest and want to be sure the player doesn't go off the beaten path, give them the Whistle early on and make it so that they have to use it after getting each Triforce piece to go to the next area. I could see this used for something like an island-hopping quest to some good extent.

- I don't think I've seen anything like a raft path mini game in a quest yet (then again, I haven't played every quest). Something somewhere along the lines of the river rapids mini game from Link's awakening, but which path you take ends up what prize you get.

Dungeons

- This was a fun, if not nasty little gimmick I used in my Dawn to Twilight quest. Pretty much the way it goes is that if you go through a door, it won't always take you to the room adjacent to the one you're in, but rather to a whole different room in the dungeon altogether! This is done easily using Side Warps in a dungeon, though you could only set one Side Warp per room (as far as I know). This will make the player have to be careful in which way they go. Sometimes it'll take them back further than they want, while other times it'll take 'em where they need. It really defines the term "Here one minute, gone the next."!

#27 elmind

elmind

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

Seesh, my ideas are all and always on quests that could be made, such as Okami or Castlevania... Are they acceptable?

#28 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE(elmind @ Mar 30 2011, 01:35 AM) View Post

Seesh, my ideas are all and always on quests that could be made, such as Okami or Castlevania... Are they acceptable?

Of course. Anything that has do something with Zelda Classic has it's place in the Zelda Classic Forum. That's my wild gues only, though.

#29 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:23 PM

Games based on raft mazes and side-warp doors do have potential, but have you ever considered making a character (such as a big, mean moblin) insult the player to death (literally?) In some of Freedom's quests you have guys that force you back to the starting point of the overworld. There are of course the door repair guys in many quests. But wouldn't be neat to have a guy say nasty things about the character your playing and having the poor victim's life drop by half a heart or more with each insult? Of course, you could make a way for the player to flee while losing life from insults... or to hurt the one doing the insulting!

To give a quest an RPG aspect, you could have items be spells instead. You could also have items be characters with abilities instead! You could also use these characters to get information or to just hear them talk, but this will require a meeting house of sorts or something along those lines.

We all know that in most quests there is one dungeon per triforce piece and final boss. Wouldn't be neat to have more than one dungeon for each of them instead? How about having different parts of dungeons being for different levels? To this end, you could have one dungeon have parts for level 1 and level 8 at the same time! How original would THAT be? This may involve backtracking, so make it fun!

#30 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE(Avataro @ Mar 6 2011, 10:26 AM) View Post

Temperature Switch

You could make a temperatur changing dungeon. There is a switch with that Link can change the temperature of the dungeon. Boiling, warm, cold and glacially.

I used this idea in an unfinished quest once and I really loved it. Having magma that cooled down to rock and ice that melted or even evaporated.

As for more ideas...

Optional quests:
] I've always liked the idea of having a long cave system or dungeon/tower that you never needed to go to, that only contained enemies and a few rupees and/or items. This would work better in a quest with a tight economy or some kind of scripted experience system.

Desert dungeon:
Having quicksand pits would be awesome. That, or having rooms that can drain sand into the floor below (think Dry Dry Ruins in Paper Mario).

Water Dungeon:
Rather than changing the level of the water, give an item such as iron boots that let you go to flooded floors of the dungeon and explore underwater.

Forest Fire:
Forests are all over the place here, and most are pretty similar: Lots of GB trees with LttP tree borders and shade. Why not spice it up with a fire, and use some switches to have burning logs and branches falling and such? It would make things a bit more exciting there.

Unique Monsters:
If you've played Diablo II, you know what these are. Basically, they're stronger versions of normal enemies that are harder to take down. Using scripts, you could make some way to give random enemies extra HP, speed, damage, etc.

I could probably think of some other things, but its 4:00 am and I'm tired. Good night!

Edited by Theryan, 02 April 2011 - 03:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users