Singular Flags Help (ZC 2.50 Build 24)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zagut

Zagut

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:40 PM

OK, so in my quest, i'm doing the thing where you have to hit all the triggers and the secret... Well... Triggers.

I set up my combos with inherent sword trigger flags, and flag 94 as well.

I set up screen flags: Hit all triggers->16-31, and Enemies->Secret is permanent.

then i set up my secret flags, 16 and 17.

i test it, and it works perfectly.

EXCEPT, for 1 small thing.

if i hit some of the triggers, but not all of them, and leave the screen, then return to the same screen, the screen secret will have triggered without hitting all the triggers.

Is there something i'm missing here?

Or is it a system glitch???

Happening with version 2.50 build 24.

(NOTE: This also happens with 2.50.1)

#2 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:06 PM

From what I understand, each screen only has a single "secret state" setting - "on" or "off." Either the "secrets triggered" criteria for the screen is set, or unset.

I know for certain a similar situation happened previously with multiple secrets on a single overworld screen - somebody had both a bomb-wall secret and a burn-tree secret on the same screen. When he bombed the wall, the wall opened up, but if he left and came back, the tree would be burnt as well. Similarly, if he burnt the tree, the stairway beneath would be revealed, but if he left and came back, the bombed wall would be opened up as well.

I think you're running into the same problem. You have to build your screens with a singular "secrets on/off" setting in mind.

That said, who knows what scripting can do, but that's the default behavior for standard secrets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users