First five gameplay of funshinedx.

http://m.youtube.com...eature=youtu.be
  • Eddy and EpY like this

#707 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:59 AM

This video here is not made to show off any of my projects or something, but rather provide some tips for quest designers about what you should not do in your quest. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAqhfhSAHuU

• Shane, Eddy, Jared and 4 others like this

#708 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:14 AM

This video here is not made to show off any of my projects or something, but rather provide some tips for quest designers about what you should not do in your quest. :D

[video removed]

Nice video! It addresses good points with neat presentation. The only preference I disagree with is avoiding corrected slash. I use it for all my projects as I just don't like flipped slash. It looks weird to me I guess, but it's nothing major when I play other quests. With that said and cleared up, you should totally do a "Things you should do in ZC" video. It'd be neat hearing positive preferences from a really talented ZQuester.

• Avaro likes this

#709 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

Really great video Avataro!

The only thing I really do disagree with is #9, open corners. I believe quests can still look as good with open corners, since I've done it myself and they do actually look good imo. Either way, loved the video, really great stuff. Also, what Shane said, make a "Things you should do in ZC" plz lol

#710 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

This is the trailer of LikeLike.Zm23

Enjoy.

• Shane and Eddy like this

#711 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

I don't even know what I just watched.

I love it.

• Joelmacool likes this

#712 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

I am very guilty of #6 on that, especially in my first quest. It's literally just one big endurance and breather rooms don't exist. That was also another weakness of mine with future quests. I guess it's hard to judge a quest's fairness/balance when YOU'RE the one that made it. Also, the open corners one...prior to the expo, AQII was littered to hell with them. I might have one here and there because let's face it; Link's Awakening breaks that rule.

The other thing is couldn't some of these be overlooked if they're rare? For instance, people HATE open corners, but is it okay to have ONE open corner once in a blue moon? Or maybe have one area with too many enemies as long as it doesn't ruin the experience for the player?

Lastly, I hear most people NOT like the flipped slash, but never any reasons why. It's just disliked. I think another thing would have been having maps near the END of a dungeon. That I can't stand at all.

• Avaro likes this

#713 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

• Members

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:29 PM

Going to revive this thread. Here's a demo of level 9 tier enemies for Adam's Quest II. Be sure to read the description for more information. I would like as much feedback as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEgq7mut5Tg

• Eddy and SyrianBallaS like this

#714 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:38 PM

@RedmageAdam

The demonstration video you put was pretty cool, considering the arsenal the player has, it seems well balanced. I think for an improvement, the wizzrobes should pop up at different times at different locations, kind of like alttp. I've seen it done before in a quest in zc but I can't remember which.

#715 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

• Members

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM

@RedmageAdam

The demonstration video you put was pretty cool, considering the arsenal the player has, it seems well balanced. I think for an improvement, the wizzrobes should pop up at different times at different locations, kind of like alttp. I've seen it done before in a quest in zc but I can't remember which.

You can set that making the enemies appear randomly instead of all at once. I believe you set them to "enter from sides" to do that. A few quests that I'm aware of do that, the two coming to mind off the top of my head being Liberation of Hyrule and A Hero Without a Name. I don't know if that would make them too difficult though; in that video, each hit costs 1.5 hearts and the room isn't the friendliest with openness. I could do that though.

EDIT: Armageddon Quest also has Wizzrobes that spawn one after another.

Edited by RedmageAdam, 15 December 2014 - 11:45 PM.

#716 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:44 AM

That's quite the video. I really like all those new enemy additions, which make the quest feel very new and fresh. Also gotta love killing Abei at the end lol.

Either way, really nice video, and great job with those enemies!

• KingPridenia likes this

#717 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:28 PM

Here's a video showing off Hero Mode in Link's Day Off. This video was practice for becoming better at editing. This is basically just a montage of stuff from the dungeon. I'll probably make some from some of my other stuff in the coming days. I haven't edited a video in over a year, so I'm a bit rusty lol.

• SpacemanDan, Avaro, Nightmeres and 3 others like this

#718 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:23 PM

Its about time I showed this game to everybody, and that's what i'm doing. I hope you enjoy this trailer.

• Shane, Eddy, Jared and 2 others like this

#719 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:32 PM

Yes, yes, yes! This quest looks absolutely spectacular! Looking forward to it, Joel. :)
  • Joelmacool likes this

#720 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

Now THIS is what I think we all want to see from you :P I wish you best of luck on this project!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users