Photo

Screenshot of the Week 547

Shane Feenicks Aevin Eddy Joelmacool Sparkster Rambly Jared

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 547 (58 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:26 PM

Eddy

Eddy.png

Goron Falls interior... with a door that hasn't opened in many years.

Joelmacool

Joelmacool.png

"The Exporest"

Sparkster

Sparkster.png

(WIP) The fourth Dungeon in Zephyrian Conquest - The Ice Palace.

Rambly

Rambly.png

This is:

- NOT a very good screen
- NOT from a quest I'm working on, but something I just made out of boredom
- NOT not something I just threw out to keep SotW going
- NOT staying even remotely fresh

Jared

Jared.png

A temple, flooded and forgotten.

Shane

Shane.png

Noval Highlands... Huh? What's that temple doing there?

Feenicks

Feenicks.png

Explode Forest is perfectly safe, they said. The name's a misnomer, they said.

Aevin

Aevin.gif

The sky? But aren't we still in the Labyrinth?

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:13 AM

DANICRY2.jpg

You guys love making this tough for me. Ugh, I wanna cry :'(

Aevin, with like 20% confidence but it's the one I'm most confident on so yeah. LOL. So good these are.

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:59 AM

Voted for Shane despite having purple trees! Jared was a close second. It reminds me a lot of Island Sorrow from Hero of Dreams.

#4 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:21 AM

null but i'd've voted for shane

aevin's is cute too. this is a pretty good week. lots of variety. happy i was part of it n stuff

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:53 AM

Wow this is a really varied week.

Eddy - Sand in caves. 0/10 not authentic GB

Joelmacool - Very nice shot. I love everything about it and it's got everything needed to be a good forest shot.

Sparkster - Looks pretty neat. I especially love those crystals. Besides that though, a bit more detail on the lower floor would've been nice to see.

Rambly - Not a very good screen? I dunno about that :P I really like the way this looks. Simple, yet effective. The colours used are very neat too. I love that palette.

Jared - Pretty nice dungeon shot here. It isn't as great as other shots you've posted before, but again, it's simple and effective. Nice job.

Shane - Probably my favourite this week. I love how everything looks here and the screen gives off a really spooky atmosphere. Fantastic job.

Feenicks - Neat classic shot. I like the new tiles and how everything fits together. I imagine I won't have much fun getting through that place :P

Aevin - Pretty unusual shot here. I can definitely see this is heavily Hitodama inspired, seeing how it has the same kind of idea as the quest. Neat job with this shot though, I like it a lot.

If I didn't enter, my vote definitely would've gone to Shane, with either Joel, Rambly or Jared in 2nd place.

#6 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:15 PM

@Rambly:

This is:

- The screen I voted for! :D

#7 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:20 PM

Shane's the best here, no doubt about that.

Nulled in my case.

re; my screen: made it in 2 minutes (5ish if you're including the mountain tiles), also at this point I can't be bothered to use a tileset that mucks about with layers

#8 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:59 PM

Shane, it's quite an amazing screen

#9 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:23 PM

SOOOOO MANY!!!

And yet I want to vote for Shane's screen.

#10 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:07 AM

Despite being in the contest, I voted Jared. It's got a calm, relaxing yet eerie feel to it. Also I got a certain song stuck in my head (Jared should know which! :P).

A very wonderful turnout this week! They all look so well designed!
  • Jared likes this

#11 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:20 PM

Shane's is pretty good, so that's where my vote went.
what happened to my signature since I last posted?

#12 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

Eddy: I'm guessing the door is unlocked by finding a matching red orb, and then uses lock blocks to place it, and open the door? The shot it self is not the world's greatest, but it is an interesting idea, and I like how isolated the cave feels. Maybe throw in a skeleton or two.

Joelmacool: Mmmm, minty.I like the palette here. I can't put my finger on it, but this shot makes me think of Yoshi's Story, for some odd reason.

Sparkster: Those ice crystals look pretty cool, but they seem kind of out of place. There's no shadow on the ground, and it looks like they are just kind of floating there.

Rambly: This isn't a bad screen at all, either. It is a bit uneventful, but its layout is alright, other than maybe having too many rocks in the water.

Jared: Good AlttP styled shot here. I like the subtle shadow on the area to the left where you can go under the wall. I think the shallow to deep water transitions look kind of odd, personally, but they get the job done, and I can tell what it is so, good job.

Shane: This is my favorite shot this week. I love the colors, and the layout. It ties a lot of things together really nicely, and gets my vote. Good job.

Feenicks: Cool alternate Classic mountains.

Aevin: Interesting shot here. The mini-map is actually whats most interesting to me, cause it looks like it would work like the minimap in Super Metroid, which would be cool to see in ZC.

• Jared and Cukeman like this

#13 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:36 AM

Eddy: I'm guessing the door is unlocked by finding a matching red orb, and then uses lock blocks to place it, and open the door? The shot it self is not the world's greatest, but it is an interesting idea, and I like how isolated the cave feels. Maybe throw in a skeleton or two.

Yeah, that's basically how it would work. It's pretty similar to how you get into Level 8 in Ages with Moonlit Grotto's entrance in the past. And skeletons would be cool, but that isn't really what I'm going for with this area sadly.

• Anthus likes this

#14 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:30 PM

Eddy: Very nice and simple. I feel like it could use a little more detailing, though! Reminds me of something out of a Pokemon game.

Joel: I love this! The palette and enemy choice is perfect. However, the stump in the brush looks like it's missing a "bottom". Also, the tall grass looks a bit weird, being blocky as it is. That can be fixed with a few pixel edits though.

Sparkster: I don't like this very much. The ice looks very fake and manmade, unless that was the look you were going for. Other than that, the torches are colored oddly and the palette is nice.

Rambly: Basic, simple, effective. The best kind of screen! I feel like the stone road on the side ends a little abruptly though.

Jared: VOTE FOR ME

Shane: I have no words. It's beautiful, with nice color choices, nice tree choice, and the fog/clouds really finish it off nicely! This is the screen I voted for this week.

Feenicks: Although Classic isn't my cup of tea, this is interesting. Very great screen design, in my opinion! Great mountain usage too.

Aevin: Probably my least favorite of the week, if I'm being honest. Just not a fan of the graphics, I guess. Cool screen design though!

• Shane and Joelmacool like this

#15 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:24 PM

Jared: VOTE FOR ME

But never, for you have ripped off my dungeon and I am forced to 0/10. Thank.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shane, Feenicks, Aevin, Eddy, Joelmacool, Sparkster, Rambly, Jared

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users