i like big tags cannot lie

• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#391 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:28 PM

Your have to use 2.50.1, but your save file should still work.

#392 Ner0nitas

Ner0nitas

• Members

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:13 AM

Your have to use 2.50.1, but your save file should still work.

But sadly, I can't load the game at all.  :/
Folders: User/Saved Games/Zelda Classic/Quests/Quest 744 > exe

When I download version 2.50.1, the savefile shows up with every other file, but when I wanna load this quest, I got a message "quest not found" and the location where it should be.
But it's the exact same folder, I just copy/paste the 2.50.1 stuff over the 2.50.2 stuff, the game is still where it was.

It also works the other way around, created a new save for 2.50.1, than I copy-pasted version 2.50.2 over it, tried to load this new file... and it works.
But sadly, not the other way around.  :/

Edit:
Doesn't matter anymore, I deleted everything ZC-related and created a folder for every stable version while hoping, that everything works fine.
Have to start the game fresh, but it isn't a problem, cause it's a really nice quest.  :)

Edited by Ner0nitas, 20 December 2016 - 07:12 AM.

#393 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:37 AM

Sorry that happened to you! Sometimes, scripts such as that dark room circle can get messed up permanently by using different versions of ZC to play the same quest.

In rare cases ZC can just mess things up on its own somehow without any obvious explanation. 2.50.2 is the build with which the quest was made, so it will likely be your best bet.

#394 lexluthermiester

lexluthermiester

• Members

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:43 PM

Sorry that happened to you! Sometimes, scripts such as that dark room circle can get messed up permanently by using different versions of ZC to play the same quest.

In rare cases ZC can just mess things up on its own somehow without any obvious explanation. 2.50.2 is the build with which the quest was made, so it will likely be your best bet.

Hi Ben. You mentioned the dark room circle being messed up. I'm having that exact problem. The sight circle is about 1/3 the way down the screen from Link, making dark rooms very difficult impossible. Level 1 after the 3 pendants is Is not the first place it happens, but is unsolvable. Was using 2.50.1 and tried 2.50.2 with no changes. Is there a fix for this quest or perhaps a remake in the works?

Edited by lexluthermiester, 04 May 2018 - 04:56 AM.

#395 Kapow

Kapow

Former Newbie

• Members

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:07 AM

I can confirm the dark room circle is broken in 2.50.2 but DOES work in 2.50 final. Fortunately, the saves seem to be reverse-compatible (I had the quest file in a subfolder of the 2.50.2 install and copied the subfolder to the 2.50 install along with zc.sav and zc.icn).

The quest seems to only be compatible with 2.50 final, nothing before or after. 2.50.1 should be removed from the quest description.

#396 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:25 AM

stuck, I defeated aginim got the mirror, now the only portal available to me to get to the dark world is on death mountain, yet I cannot due anything there.

I cannot access any other portals right now or do anything beyond the light world.

What am I missing

#397 derby77

derby77

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:21 AM

stuck, I defeated aginim got the mirror, now the only portal available to me to get to the dark world is on death mountain, yet I cannot due anything there.

I cannot access any other portals right now or do anything beyond the light world.

What am I missing

I have the same issue, but was able to get red boomerang. Did you figure out how to continue?

#398 piglet497

piglet497

Junior

• Members

Posted 15 April 2020 - 09:32 AM

Hello, I have the Level 3 sword, is that the Golden Sword?  If not where can I find the Golden Sword?  Also, can I have a hint on how to beat Level 6 Boss?  Thank You.

#399 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:08 PM

Hello, I have the Level 3 sword, is that the Golden Sword?  If not where can I find the Golden Sword?  Also, can I have a hint on how to beat Level 6 Boss?  Thank You.

The Level 4 Sword comes Later im not so Sure were i could find it but i Think it was by the Pyramide or Hyrule Castle you can find it realy late becouse it Opens a Secret Dungeon :D

As for Level 6 Boss which one was it i dont Remember so Well but if its Help you Look here :D

https://www.youtube....BPjPQ0GfCLaPzKd

Ok The Golden Sword is Indeet in The Derssert by Ganons Pyramid Here is the Second Forge :D

zc-screen00174.png

Edited by Lordkronos, 15 April 2020 - 08:04 PM.

#400 derby77

derby77

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 16 April 2020 - 03:30 PM

The Level 4 Sword comes Later im not so Sure were i could find it but i Think it was by the Pyramide or Hyrule Castle you can find it realy late becouse it Opens a Secret Dungeon :D

As for Level 6 Boss which one was it i dont Remember so Well but if its Help you Look here :D

https://www.youtube....BPjPQ0GfCLaPzKd

Ok The Golden Sword is Indeet in The Derssert by Ganons Pyramid Here is the Second Forge :D

zc-screen00174.png

Any help on post before (#397)?

Can't do anything.

#401 piglet497

piglet497

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:14 PM

Where do I find Gannon's Pyramid?  I see your picture, but I am not sure where to find that.

#402 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 16 April 2020 - 06:54 PM

Can't do anything.

You Need to Find a Cristal globe on this Point Here Slash it with your New Sword :D

zc-screen00174.png

Where do I find Gannon's Pyramid?  I see your picture, but I am not sure where to find that.

Were you ever in the Dessert yet :D

Dessert + Pyramide you Need The Flute and Mirror Shild :D

zc-screen00174.png
zc-screen00175.png

Can't do anything.

After you in The Dark World you must go There :D

zc-screen00174.png

What am I missing

For you its the Same Look for the globe South from Hyrule Castle hit with the Sword and Go were Level 1 was Before :D

zc-screen00174.png

#403 piglet497

piglet497

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:34 AM

I have not been to the dessert yet.  I have the flute, but I don't have the mirror shield yet.  I have the magic mirror.  Where is the mirror shield?  I beat Level 6 finally.  On to Level 7.  I have found a couple of secret rooms that have orange globes.  I am not sure how to trigger them.  Any hints?

#404 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:21 AM

Im Not so sure were you are can you Post Some Screenshots Please that would Help a lot :D

#405 piglet497

piglet497

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:47 AM

I am not sure how to post screenshots.  Sorry.  I took one.  It was a secret room with a big chest in the dark world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users