Give me the Quest Memes!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:54 AM

This topic is specifically about memes in regards to Zelda Classic quests, and not the community itself.

This is a bit of a variant topic of your typical "Worst quests ever played" topic.

From your experience playing or watching Lets Plays of Zelda Classic quests, have you ran into or seen poor quest design experiences so bad that they became literally ZC memes themselves? 

A perfect example of what I mean is when Jubbz played Souls of Wisdom and he was one rupee short of passing a money or life checkpoint. I'm certain this little event went on to encourage Jamian to pull off his little Red Tunic stunt from Promised Lands. :P

I would love to know what memes have generated over the years from the long history of Zelda Classic quests, and I would love to see where or how they originated. I'm certain this can become a pretty entertaining topic if treated on a mature level. 

Also, I am probably most definitely going to use this information to make the next Temple of Cole. :D

#2 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:34 AM

Mario Quest

Yeto's Quest

LQftH 1 Dark World Level 4 - Let's have a dungeon that disables the subscreen. Let's make it edgy and fill it with blood for the sake of having blood. Oh, even better, this one is filled with not-slow Deathbos that one-shot the player from any health and the boss makes Link invisible.

Hydra - A boss in Light of the Heavens DX that is infamous for causing people to rage. Level 1 boss, 3 heart damaging flames (You can have a maximum of 4 hearts) which roll down the arena and has fireball spam.

Feathers and lavafalls - Involves a feather placed behind a lavafall. Originated when SpacemanDan tricked Eppy into jumping into a lavafall in Isle of Rebirth. It became a meme through Eppy's reaction to it.

Patra 3s and Fire Gleeoks

Acidhandala - A very poorly designed boss script that has received usage in several quests.

Edited by Orithan, 25 May 2017 - 07:41 AM.

#3 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:41 AM

[Feathers and Lavafalls Intensify]
  • SpacemanDan and The Satellite like this

#4 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:08 AM

I dunno. I don't want to say a quest is terrible, it would kinda hurt someone's feelings ya know?

#5 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:29 AM

But, if you need any meme idea quests, let me know! (I am a meme expert after all)

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:42 AM

I dunno. I don't want to say a quest is terrible, it would kinda hurt someone's feelings ya know?

If certain things have gone so far that they've literally become memes. I'm pretty sure the people responsible for their poor design quirks probably already knows and has since come to terms with their "oops". They probably have already moved on. :P

Some of these quest memes are legendary, and if some people are hurt over it, it's been so long ago I can't see people still dwelling on it. 

Nearly every enemy in the Temple of Cole can be considered legendary memes. 

- Death Keese.

- 8 way Windrobes.

- Snakerang Robes. 

- Death Like Likes

- Death Blocks.

- Digdogger Ganons.

- Dancing jinxing doppelganger Links.

- Invisible Death Fireball shooters.

- Jumping ropes on crack.

- That one Fire Gleeok with way too much HP.  

#7 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:46 AM

Can you make a old man that shoots at orbs? WHICH IS A WIZARD

#8 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:47 AM

DayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDayDay

Are you having a good dayday? I am.
Happy Birthdayday!
D-Dayday

Todayday is the best dayday in my life.
Howhow areare youyou Todayday?

That's basically it for that one.

(Oh, and don't forget Eddy's Troll Day and Moosh's Troll Game (Featuring MM2 stages))

Edited by Joelmacool, 25 May 2017 - 09:49 AM.

• Shane, Eddy, Jenny and 1 other like this

#9 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:48 AM

Anything tribbling into anything else. Especially infinitely.

#10 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:05 AM

A perfect example of what I mean is when Jubbz played Souls of Wisdom and he was one rupee short of passing a money or life checkpoint. I'm certain this little event went on to encourage Jamian to pull off his little Red Tunic stunt from Promised Lands. :P

Yes, that's exactly where the inspiration came from.

DYorzbu.png

• Nathaniel, The Satellite, Eppy and 6 others like this

#11 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:35 AM

Never forget the burn triggers on rocks in Shamanock . That is an extreme variant of some of the strange triggers in BoaB / Boab 2. While at least there was in-game explanation (in BoaB) for those, such as a bird for a boomerang, ... burning rocks?

Shops that sell items for max_rupees +1 or similar, are also pretty common, and idiotic. Then there is the Evan Chest. :P

Sideview Death Knights in LSiC, that you needed to hit perfectly while jumping, were also silly.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 25 May 2017 - 10:36 AM.

• Evan20000 likes this

#12 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

The majority of these are just inside jokes between me and a few other members. Not sure if all of them count as ZC memes, but they're all related to ZC in one way or another, so I guess it probably counts.

- DayDay - Pretty self explanatory, Joel tried to intentionally make a bad quest and it seemed to pay off lol. It's been kinda joked about everywhere since then.

- FFC Madness - A really insane dungeon from Shane's old swag.qst demo. It involves a dungeon with FFCs flying around everywhere, with the Anouki Village theme playing. It kinda became a thing and I've seen it in a few more random quests that Shane was making (and I've been planning to make one myself :P)

- Amy Rose - This is something I accidentally started a while ago. I tried to make a serious Sonic/Zelda crossover in the form of The Legend of Amy Rose a while back, and it kinda escalated into a total crazy mess. Eppy's playthrough of the first quest of the series is probably the most memorable to me just because of how he reacted to everything. And after that point, she's kinda just been used everywhere as a way for people to troll me or poke fun at me (of course not serious trolling, it's all just for fun). Some attempts at this were pretty hilarious, like one of Moosh's Enemy of the Month entries, and the text you receive when you enter "Eddy" as a name for The Legend of Pokemon Warrior.

- Londom - A misspelling of London. I can't exactly remember where this originated, but it kinda became a thing and was used quite a lot as an inside joke around 2014/2015 because of where I live :P Shane was gonna make a whole quest on it at one point, and LunarRedMage's The Legend of the Six Legendary Golden Green Cacti featured it as a small area. Talking about cacti...

- Green Cacti - This mostly happened from the old Skype days of screensharing. This was around the time when Joel was making his Triforce of Legacy quest. Shane decided to screenshare Joel's quest to play it or whatever. He then opened the quest file to show Joel how to do something, and instead he got a green cactus combo and littered his screens with them. This became a little joke over time and eventually The Legend of the Six Legendary Golden Green Cacti appeared because of it.

• Shane and Mr.Butters like this

#13 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

From your experience playing or watching Lets Plays of Zelda Classic quests, have you ran into or seen poor quest design experiences so bad that they became literally ZC memes themselves? 

I want to say that quest memes dont only come from bad design, it can be anything. For example being one rupee short. :D

• Shane, Eddy, Joelmacool and 1 other like this

#14 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:06 PM

If you all actually took the time to clear that golem room, you wouldn't be one rupee short! Just saying! :D
  • TheLegend_njf likes this

#15 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:32 AM

I want to say that quest memes dont only come from bad design, it can be anything. For example being one rupee short. :D

The reason why that became such a great meme is because after this long weird path of bullshit spikes, and having to pay a 300 rupee toll before, to get paid back much more than 300 with the suspense of what it was all leading to, only to get a 499 toll at the end. It was icing on the cake when somebody said just before the room "Watch now, there'll be a 500 rupee toll int his room". lol 

It was bad design because he would have to go all the way back to the beginning to find a bush to get that one extra rupee, and as you can tell, he wasn't willing to do that. :P

Many people criticized that the reward at the end was only Din's Fire, but you needed Din's Fire to get the Golden Sword (Which accessed the classic levels) and to access the Temple of Cole. :P But were those rewards even worth it? You can bet your ass they were. :D

For anybody who's probably not clued in on this meme, here's a little video. 

1:35 For the reference, there was another spike section here that was cut from the game, because that makes this situation any bit less horrible. :P

As much as I felt a little embarrassed over this quest's obvious faults. I took it in good humor and even added a little meme of my own of this moment and secretly put it into TRIFORCE. I wonder if anybody will catch on. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users