Zelda Classic 2.50.3 RC1

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:47 AM

When fullscreen is set to 1 in ag.cfg, it takes ZC way longer to start up than it did in 2.50.2. It appears it tries to enter fullscreen several times (causing the screen to flash white and ZC to not respond) before the window actually shows up.

Is that with win10?

#17 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:03 PM

Is that with win10?

Yes, windows 10.

#18 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:45 PM

Yes, windows 10.

Flidd, I still have my old ag.cfg settings. I'll need to check it with the new settings in a while, as without them, it flickers blue. :P

The last time that I ran ZC in fullscreen mode was probably in 2.5 beta. :D

#19 Kivitoe

Kivitoe

Sponsored by Taco Bell

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

Flidd, I still have my old ag.cfg settings. I'll need to check it with the new settings in a while, as without them, it flickers blue. :P

The last time that I ran ZC in fullscreen mode was probably in 2.5 beta. :D

You've been quite active in ZC update threads and the ZC source code stuff. Are you secretly a ZC developer and no one knows it? :P

#20 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:41 AM

You've been quite active in ZC update threads and the ZC source code stuff. Are you secretly a ZC developer and no one knows it? :P

Fixed that for you.

And while I can't speak for him, I believe he would answer yes? As would Gleeok, Saffith, Grayswandir, and possibly me :P

Edited by Dimentio, 11 December 2016 - 12:42 AM.

#21 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:25 AM

You really shouldn't speak for me.
  • Nathaniel, The Satellite, SUCCESSOR and 1 other like this

#22 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:00 AM

He shouldn't speak for me, either. Actually, it's bad form to do that in general, and in particular, for this sort of thing.

@Kivtoe: All official ZC devs have their status as such displayed prominently.

I'm a source contributor. As could many users here be, should they choose to put the time, effort, and sanity loss, into doing so.

I'm responsible only for ZC documentation, Bug. Report collection/moderation (AGN), and editing the ZC Wiki, as Staff Editor, ot something like that. (Since allowing registrations to the public, we are already getting new spam posts that I've cleaned up.)

There is an extra layer of responsibility that comes with being entrusted to the future development oversight of this sort of project, and War Lord & DD long ago made very wise determinations in that regard.

Don't let that dissuade you from trying the 2.future fork though, for which I am a developer. I don't think I've done anything that would preclude the majority of things in that from entering 2.54 'official', but we'll discuss that on AGN.

I believe that you have an AGN account, so feel free to drop by and visit the dev forums.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 11 December 2016 - 07:04 AM.

#23 Zorlaf

Zorlaf

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:36 AM

Hey.

I've moved to Windows 8.1, and whenever I try to launch this version in full screen, the screen flashes blue and the games tends to lag.

Any way to fix this?

#24 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Junior

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:57 PM

I do not recommend running ZC in full screen mode, as multiple problems and instabilities have been reported (such as crashing on alt-tab) especially on modern Windows versions.

We are looking into the problem but it is a thorny one since it involves the internals of the Allegro and DirectDraw libraries. For now I recommend launching ZC in windowed mode using the ZC launcher, or the -windowed flag.

Edited by DarkDragon, 28 December 2016 - 06:18 PM.

#25 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:19 PM

Hey.

I've moved to Windows 8.1, and whenever I try to launch this version in full screen, the screen flashes blue and the games tends to lag.
Any way to fix this?

Did you copy the new Zelda-w.exe and ZQuest-exe over your old files, or did you start with a completely clean, unzipped folder of 2.50.3?

If you copy over your old files, your old config files will override recent changes. Thus, if you did that, try unzipping the downloaded archive, and running ZLaunch immediately, then launching ZC from that.

#26 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

When fullscreen is set to 1 in ag.cfg, it takes ZC way longer to start up than it did in 2.50.2. It appears it tries to enter fullscreen several times (causing the screen to flash white and ZC to not respond) before the window actually shows up.

It only does this for me when I don't run it in compatibility mode on windows 10. Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Edited by Omega, 04 February 2017 - 03:47 PM.

#27 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:08 PM

OK, so enabling triple buffering and vsync with double buffering has fixed the frame issues and glitched gfx in windows 10. Thanks for the info on double buffering Saffith!

Edited by Omega, 04 February 2017 - 02:08 PM.

#28 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:43 PM

Yes, windows 10.

I'd suggest doing the method above and make a shortcut and run in compatibility mode windows 7.

Edited by Omega, 04 February 2017 - 03:48 PM.

#29 jimbrads

jimbrads

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, She / Her, They / Them, Ask Me

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

do we still need dxgl for fullscreen?

#30 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

Looks like a lot of things I noted were fixed :) . Will start using this version, see what happens and list my findings below:

(Using Mac)
-Manhandla animation isn't working properly.

-When you open a .qst file then copy and paste strings in the String Editor (and don't do anything else) the save option in the File>Save menu is still grayed out.

-Wallet fill SFX don't play until message string is cleared from screen (during the message string the wallet counter does go up). But then my Wallet fill SFX are scripted, so that may be a problem with my particular script, just thought I'd mention it, just in case.

-Encountered a bug where Link can only use the button item with the sword on it and not the other button/item. This is in a quest where both button items can be assigned. I can still reassign button items.

-Minimizing ZQuest Editor causes  the program to freeze.

-ZQuest Editor and Zelda Classic cannot be opened at the same time.

Edited by Cukeman, 07 July 2017 - 09:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users