Matthew Bluefox's Quest Corner

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#16 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:56 PM

Oh man ... I am not sure if I am ever gunna get done with all the bugs ... and it's really pissing me off big time. In Maxi, Level 4-3's dungeon item room with the Digdogger works perfectly with stairs leading to the item. The same room in Mini 1 (Level 4) has a black square instead of the stairway and I programmed everything exactly the same way. I managed to just notice and fix the bug right after I uploaded a patch. WHY????

Since this bug in Level 4 of Mini 1 is game-breaking (you can't get the ladder like this), I have to upload another patch on the same day! Also, I wondered how nobody found this in the playthroughs. That basically confirms what I always thought ... nobody - except the original beta testers and myself - is actually playing my quests except for Maxi of which I know two players have recently played through, and Maxi seems to be bugfree like NLOZ 1-3 as well. I am playing through Mini 1 and Mini 2 now because after finding this gamebreaker I'm not sure if there's anything else as major as this.

The patch has been submitted, awaiting approval now.

PS: Patch approved.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 08 April 2016 - 01:59 AM.

#17 ThirdOfAugust

ThirdOfAugust

• Members

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:22 PM

Great quest so far. I've been trying to find Level 2-4 for the last 3 hours. Where is it? And also, should I have the Blue Ring by now? 

#18 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

The blue ring is, as far as I remember, in 2-5, so you should still be okay and not have missed anything important. Level 2-4 is one screen away from Lorule start point. :)

PS: Glad to see someone is still playing "New Zelda". Once Pixcalibur has finished all of his runs and given me feedback on everything, I might upload one final patch. For now everything looks good.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 13 April 2016 - 02:45 PM.

#19 ThirdOfAugust

ThirdOfAugust

• Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:32 PM

I'm not sure if it matters or not, but I'm playing Maxi. One screen north of the Lorule start point is a level, but not 2-4. One screen west of the LSP is the portal back to Hyrule, and one screen east of the LSP is a potion shop. And obviously, you can't go south. I still don't know where 2-4 is. 

#20 Zeldar

Zeldar

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:06 AM

Downloaded your bundle and its been very fun. Started with the NOLZ 1 quest, on the star level, what am I missing to get the best candle? or is there one? The compass is flashing like I need to find something else in there other than Quiver/Heart container. Is there something i'm missing?

#21 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:33 PM

Zeldar, you can get the plasma candle in NLOZ 1 and 2 by using wand and book in Lorule. In NLOZ 1, it's in the eastern green forest area around Level 7. In NLOZ 2, it's in the western brown forest area, again near Level 7. Thanks for seeing the fun in my bundle. ^^ In the bonus level, the cumpass is always flashing. Don't worry about it. You can get the infinite quiver and a heart cuntainer, that's it. :)

ThirdOfAugust, sorry I mixed that one up with Level 1-4 which was where I first said. Level 2-4 is where 7-1 in Hyrule is. That should give you hopefully a good enough hint to check the screen. You don't need the whistle, that's for sure. :)

#22 Zeldar

Zeldar

• Members

Posted 16 April 2016 - 04:33 AM

Thanks alot Bluefox, really fun quest and looking forward to the others in the bundle....appreciate it!

#23 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:20 AM

You're meowst welcome! The old man is telling you how to use wand and book and how to find spots where to use them. :)

#24 Zeldar

Zeldar

• Members

Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:52 PM

I read all the hints and I did find the candle but only thanks to your hint a few posts ago. But I still don't understand the "Blue tree stems" reference in-game. Could you clarify that?

#25 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:50 AM

When a tree has got a blue stem, you can burn it with the fire of the magic book after shooting the wand magic. So you have to make sure to hit an enemy next to that tree and the flame will burn it. If the tree is at a far line, an enemy is not even required, because the flame will hit it anyway.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 18 April 2016 - 10:51 AM.

#26 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:43 AM

Greetings everyone. After getting two odd reports of occurances in my quest pack, I had to post a small patch with fixes.

NLOZ 3: After visiting a potion shop in Hyrule near the desert's southern exit, Link will respawn on the opposite side of the bush wall. - This has been fixed.

Maxi: If Link wants to return to the left after exiting the third bonus dungeon (Borg Cube), he will get stuck for no explainable reason. - This has been fixed. Funny enough, Link can go from left to right, but not back to the left again. A newly placed warp tile makes traveling in both directions possible now.

As usual, the patch might take a while to get accepted. :)

Edit: The update is now online.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 02 June 2016 - 06:57 PM.

#27 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:55 AM

Well, it looks like there will be another patch in the pipe, because of the following (also because of apparent struggles of continuing the game after getting killed):

NLOZ 3 / Maxi: Fixed a typo in the "Grizzley" to "Grizzly" dungeon. Thanks to Eddy for pointing that out.

All Quests: Changed the continue settings from 3 hearts to 100 percent.

Explanation to the second "fix": I am aware that this will make the quest a LOT easier than it used to be ... but I also want people to enjoy the quest, so I did this. Of course you could leave the dungeon (after saving there) and refill hearts by killing enemies in the overworld, but that's also how you lose time and sometime the will to continue the game. First I didn't want to change this, but I see now that this is the only way to probably have this quest played by more people.

The patch is being verified now. Expect it to be online by tomorrow at this time.

• Eddy likes this

#28 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:13 AM

I'm very happy the 2nd change happened. This will definitely make the quests a lot more manageable and more fun, not just for me, but for everyone else. Sorry if I did sound a little harsh about that in the LP. I usually say stuff like that when I get pissed lol.

#29 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:19 AM

Well, butt it's the meowst honest feedback, and I think it's justified after all. So yeah, you can download the fix now and thanks for verifying the patch so quickly ... and then you can continue playing from the save you did last time, no new start needed. :) I guess by now you've finished the "New Third" anyway, or if not, at least you can enjoy Level 9 with 100% hearts at continuing from the last saved point. :)

Looking forward to see you play "Mini 1" and "Mini 2" with the newest patch.

• Eddy likes this

#30 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:22 AM

At this point, I got half of the Borg Cube done in the 3rd quest. So yeah I'll go ahead and download the patch now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users