The Official Quest Video Thread

• Please log in to reply
730 replies to this topic

#1 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:58 PM

Here it is! The Official Quest Video Thread!
Here you casn post vids, may it be sneakpeaks from your own quest or somthing from your allready realesed quest.
However, you are not allowed to post a vid from somebody elses quest!
You may post a little screenshot which when clicked, takesyou to the video. Thishowever shall not be commented on!
Please don't say stuff like ''That is total uttercrap because I say!'' Have a REASON to say such things, and explain it well! (if the vid only contains one screen with only one tile on, I would say that you can ignore this rule)
The length of your video can be whatever you want, but it would be nice if it shows off more than one screen.
If the video contains bad words or similar, please post a little word next to the link about that.
You can use whatever means of taping the video you want, butI would recommend aprogram like fraps www.fraps.com
You can then use a file size reducing program (which I don'tremember the name for) to reduce the file seize if it's a little too big.
Then you could upload it to youtubeor photobucket www.youtube.com www.photobucket.com
Please remember that youtube uses a little time to validate your movies.
Here's a vid I made a long time ago, just to show you how it would look like:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iwQcj5JrXGU

Edited by Migokalle, 12 September 2007 - 12:14 AM.

• Shane likes this

#2 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:20 PM

How would we make videos?

#3 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(Anarchy_Balsac @ Sep 11 2007, 02:20 PM) View Post

How would we make videos?

You must have a video recorder. Example: Cam Studios
Window Movie Maker or something equal to that
and an account on YouTube!

#4 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:26 PM

You would use a program like fraps (www.fraps.com) and shoot the film. THEN you could (optonial) use another program to decrease the filesize.... THEN upload it on any video compitable pages, like photobucket and youtube... Quite easywhen you get the hang of it icon_wink.gif
EDIT: Or as Bowsersaid icon_wink.gif... (he where faster XD)

Edited by Migokalle, 11 September 2007 - 01:26 PM.

#5 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:29 PM

Do the videos have to be the quests we make or the quests we played?

Edited by Bowser Blanchette, 11 September 2007 - 01:29 PM.

#6 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:35 PM

The ideal thing would be to show off your OWN quests... Just think of this as the official screenshots thread, but with videos instead.
That said, if you find a REALLY funny thing in another quest, feel free to post it. But don't do just to show off your mad offtha hook gaming skillz!
So without further ado, no, but if it'safunny glitch or whatever, that's okay a FEW times. I'll updtae therules.

#7 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:52 PM

I was gonna' post my ****, but I don't appreciate being taunted in the first post. So I'm gonna' leave this topic alone.

#8 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Sep 11 2007, 12:52 PM) View Post

I was gonna' post my ****, but I don't appreciate being taunted in the first post. So I'm gonna' leave this topic alone.

Sorry Sharon Daniel... But I never siad your name, did I? I said SD... Which could mean alot of things...XD?
But serioulsy, when everyone else comments on a screenshot and sais it's really good and all, the you come around and tell the creator that ittotally sucks, without givin any reason, or telling how to improve. That is kinda immature. I will remove that thing from the first post anyway. It's kinda immature to always bring you up too SD... Sorry. But I'm not doing it to make you mad... it's more like a little joke. (Whch obviously wasn't funny, hence the removement of it.) Again, I'm sorry that I offended you Sharon Daniel. No harm meant icon_frown.gif
EDIT: Now I would like someone to start this topic for real, by putting in some videos...

Edited by Migokalle, 11 September 2007 - 01:59 PM.

#9 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:09 PM

What about speed runs? There's a ton of quests that would be really fun to speed run! But since you said that this isn't for showing off our skills... Is that different, though?

#10 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:26 PM

Speed runs are ok, though not all quests are going to be speed ran. I know mine isn't, even gleeok isn't that crazy.

#11 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

I was requesting to Relic to make a Pinned Thread like this.

#12 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:10 PM

I can't imagine this getting pinned if noone posts any videos. I don't think this topic should have even been made unless the topic starter had a video to post.

#13 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:43 PM

I guess, that I'll post the first video in this thread icon_slycool.gif

SHADOWS OF DAWN 2.5 OPENING SCENE

My second SOD2.5 Video showing you the new Opening Scene. As promised Link does not talk in the dialogue.

#14 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:02 PM

Pretty cool. I like the SFX sounds.

#15 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Sep 11 2007, 04:10 PM) View Post

I can't imagine this getting pinned if noone posts any videos. I don't think this topic should have even been made unless the topic starter had a video to post.

I have to agree. Unless this idea really takes off, this won't be pinned. It's a cool idea, though, but I really can't see there being a bunch of people posting vids like they do with screenshots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users