Black Hole Bomb?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 idontknow8

idontknow8

Senior

• Members

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:12 AM

I'm wondering if anyone could make this item from Megaman 9..the Blackhole Bomb!

http://megaman.wikia...Black_Hole_Bomb

What it should do in Zelda Classic:

-Use magic points for Link to be able to place it (a variable or a constant)

-When you place it, it starts as the size of 1 tile and then eventually grows to 3x3 over x amount of time (x is an argument).

-While it's only 1 tile in size, it can pull enemies that are within 2 tiles in distance away from it (32 pixels, I guess).  Enemies are slowly sucked into it.  If the bomb manages to pull the enemy completely into its center, it will do repeated damage to that enemy every so many seconds (or tics) until the enemy either dies or the bomb disappears

-When it grows to 3 by 3, it does the same thing but the pulling effect has a longer reach, maybe 4 tiles in diameter AND does greater damage

-It will disappear after so many seconds (another variable).  While one Blackhole Bomb is on the screen another CANNOT be made (only one at a time) BUT after the bomb disappears, you can make another one right after, so long as you have enough magic.

-You can also detonate the bomb manually, at which point it will stop it's pull effect and explode (just like a regular bomb)…or maybe you can choose based on an argument whether it's a regular bomb explosion or super bomb explosion.

This is all somewhat theoretically, as I'm not exactly sure how complicated this would be or if it's even practical.  if it's better (or just easier) for the Black Hole Bomb to just spawn at its full size, rather than grow, that would be fine too.

I think this would be an awesome item to have and possibly one for the database that many would probably find useful too.

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:47 AM

This doesn't sound all that difficult to make. I'd do the visuals with scripted drawing though.

#3 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:11 AM

I've actually done this one years ago, except it was a projectile. I think it was just an item script that set a variable to true and then the global script runs the procedure that effects the enemies, draws the gfx and such.

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:14 AM

I've actually done this one years ago, except it was a projectile. I think it was just an item script that set a variable to true and then the global script runs the procedure that effects the enemies, draws the gfx and such.

That's essentially how I'd do it, if it was for me own use. As it's for someone else, I'm inclined to use an ffc for it. If he needed many on-screen at one time, it would be a mandatory global active thing.

I'll probably punch this one out tomorrow, as it'd be an interesting diversion, and I happen to enjoy making wacky items.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 03 August 2016 - 11:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users