'Let's Script' Streams: Any interest?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:50 AM

I'd like to ask the community: Who would be interested in viewing, and utilising 'Let's Script' streams?
  • Alucard648 and isilmo like this

#2 cavthena

cavthena

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:25 AM

Are we talking about streaming learning to script or just general scripting. The latter could be difficult to follow especially for non scripters.

It would be cool if you streamed requested scripting. I'd like to see other methods of coding from my own and hopefully could improve my own skills. (Open requests though not those private requests that never make it to the database and only make it into a finished quests 50% of the time.)

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:45 AM

Are we talking about streaming learning to script or just general scripting. The latter could be difficult to follow especially for non scripters.

It would be cool if you streamed requested scripting. I'd like to see other methods of coding from my own and hopefully could improve my own skills. (Open requests though not those private requests that never make it to the database and only make it into a finished quests 50% of the time.)

I was thinking of doing a bit of each... A learning / tutorial segment, with requests for the general content. Sort of a 'How do i do...' type of thing.

I also do not plan to be the sole host.

All of this depends on available time the stream hosts, and general interest from the userbase.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:08 PM

I'd be interested in watching such videos, but the question is, are streamers/ scripters going to be able to find time to do it?

#5 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:31 PM

I would love to watch this.

#6 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:40 PM

I've been interested in learning, so if I have the spare time, I'm down for that :)

#7 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

To follow up on this, I think this would be great. I used Saffith's youtube scripting videos to install autoghost and create signs/chests. More tutorials would be something wonderful.

#8 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:07 AM

Right, so I suppose that I am willing to do this, given that I am not set up to stream video (and video-solely, not commentary).

If any members are still interested, pick a topic. I would also be willing to host an occasional ZC Source stream, which would likely interest no-one.

• Anthus and isilmo like this

#9 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:25 PM

Right, so I suppose that I am willing to do this, given that I am not set up to stream video (and video-solely, not commentary).

If any members are still interested, pick a topic. I would also be willing to host an occasional ZC Source stream, which would likely interest no-one.

Freeform Combos would be good.

#10 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:59 AM

Freeform Combos would be good.

Eh?  You can do anything with FFCs. Something...specific?

I was considering a stream on array and string usage, as that seems to mystify users.

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

I was considering a stream on array and string usage, as that seems to mystify users.

Although I'd be very up for watching anything, this would be an interesting place to start.

One of the best ways to do a Let's Script would be to dramatically overuse the word "because."

"I wrote it out like this because if I didn't, X wouldn't be in the right scope."
"I made this a constant because I can't see us needing to change the tile of the arrow over the course of the script."
"I put this before that because I neglected it for a moment to check on my waffle iron behind me. They're blueberry, and they're on fire."
  • Anthus likes this

#12 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:13 PM

I was going to do this with scripting simple things, which are my favorite things to script. Like making enemies from ZC and tweaking them in a fun way.

I am getting internet at home again but I am not sure how my new laptop will handle streaming. I might test it out and see if it works or if I'm too scatterbrained to function.

I've been meaning to dive into tango.zh. maybe that could be a future topic I would do if it works out.

#13 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

I would tune in, assuming our times matched up, if only to see the construction process instead of just the end results that get posted here.

#14 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

I would also be willing to host an occasional ZC Source stream, which would likely interest no-one.

I'd be interested in seeing that.

#15 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

It is unfortunate that you cannot do audio. This is a really good idea. It would be awesome to tune into a stream and have discussions and explanations about what any certain code is doing and how it does it. Might generate some people's interest in contributing. Might even get me off my ass and start digging into ZC code and figuring it out.Though, the possibility of AS might do that for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users