• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

Hi everyone i had a question for you. 
It's possible to change the size of the quest map on Z-Quest to make the map size bigger ? 
Because for a new quest i think i'll need somes hints for making the map bigger then the normal.

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

The largest physical map size is 16x8 for an Overworld type Dmap.  That's a constant.  Can't be changed.

But it doesn't really need to.  You could always make a new Dmap with the exact same properties of that first one, place it on a different physical mapspace, and just call it "West Blahville" (If you want!)  and have Sidewarps leading from one Dmap to the next using the "Scrolling" type warp.  Fairly straightforward.  It's a lot of Side warps though.  Be sure to test them on every screen.  It's remarkably easy to forget to set one.  o.o!

#3 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

ah i see then 

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:59 PM

ShadowTiger is right. The largest single map space can be 256 screens, that's 16 screens across, and 8 up and down. You can use side warps to connect a virtually infinite number of maps, and d-maps though. But, if you want a displayable, or viewable space-bar map that exceeds the default 16x8 limit, then you will need scripts, but it is not impossible.

#5 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

thanks for the hits i made a project and effectly i used your methodes with the map and the side warps and that working but however i must copy/paste somes areas for another areas from another maps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users