Current status of Hylian's Legacy...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:38 AM

Hello to all of the PureZC community. It's been a long while since I've posted any update or news about Hylian's Legacy. While I wish I'd write about good stuff... it won't be the case. So much stuff has happened in the past years, so many new things, experiences. As life is, this brings changes. Some for good, and some for bad, but that's the way it is.

A few moments ago, I opened up the quest file in ZQuest, played it in ZC to remember what exactly was that I made back then. To be honest, I'm not too proud of it as I looked back at it. My skills as a quest developer have improved so much. What is it about this quest that doesn't have me too happy? To begin with, Hylian's Legacy was to bring a deep story alongside about 10 dungeons. Not only that, but a huge overworld to explore as well. This quest was ambitious, and with the little time I actually have to spare with development, I don't think that will ever be finished.

Secondly, this quest actually burned itself out of continuous tryouts of creating something that I was actually proud of. Some could remember how many times I actually redid everything from scratch, but doing it a fourth or fifth? Hell no, I'm done with that. This project is dead with the original ideas I had for it. If I ever do decide to continue work on it, trust me, it's going to be with a different approach; something that I have been learning to do with another project I have been working on the past few months (and by giving a few teasers here and there across the forum). :P

Another thing that I have learned to do, is to not show something that isn't ready to bring attention to. Hylian Legacy and my past attempts at it never passed development after the first dungeon, so that's a bad thing. With the new quest I'm designing, it won't actually become a thing until I have enough stuff to show; and I'm talking about when development reaches 70 to 80% of completion. (If it does reach that stage).

I'm very sorry to all of those who were expecting release of it, but like I mentioned above, a lot of stuff has happened and I don't have enough time to work on this as I once did. But that doesn't mean I won't ever finish a quest. ;)

To wrap this probably last update, I won't leave you guys empty handed. As the generous person I am, I'm giving away the quest file along with the script files in case anything is useful for anybody. Everything is up for grabs: midis, scripts, palettes... hell, if anybody else wants to finish it, go ahead! You can find the bundle here at my dropbox account.

That's all from my part. Enjoy and I will be seeing you guys at the forum. :)
  • Anthus, judasrising, Shane and 3 others like this

#2 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:35 AM

Thank you Demonlink

Now i can learn how to use DoR hybrid in a better way.

So many thanks for this opportunity............

• Demonlink likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users