• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#31 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:13 AM

Can someone please tell me how to beat the 1st boss without taking damage?  I tried different things and only once out of about 20 attempts have I gotten his health bar to yellow.  

Don't use your candle. Candle allows him to track, attack, and dodge you.

Get a bomb refill before the fight.

Hit him in the dark after he uses his circle boomerang attack until health is at yellow. Spam sword.

Once yellow, avoid him until he uses circle boomerang attack. Slash boomerang hit him when he goes to pick it up. Run.

Once red, hit his boomerang and place a bomb.

#32 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:04 PM

Jeez, this is hard!

Been wandering around discovering a few secrets, like the shield and I can see the mushroom, with no idea how to get it.

Open to hints...

Found the gauntlet!

Edited by Gendof, 30 May 2016 - 01:26 PM.

#33 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:06 PM

Where can I find a clue on how to solve the first maze path at the start of the game either in the dark cave or in taija cave or is there something I am missing? 

Spoiler

I think you're past this point now. The page got really confusing just now, I had a lot of trouble quoting and editting this. 

Edited by Epsalon ZX, 30 May 2016 - 01:10 PM.

#34 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:46 PM

totally intrigued whenever i hear something is a puzzle quest. i'm failing to "get" the puzzles so far. it's more like, oh ok, you can do that, time to go try and do that everywhere. still i'm kind of addicted because i want to see if there are future puzzles. (i like puzzles)

i have the shield, bracelet, bomb bag, one heart container, and one red key. can't find bombs. can't figure out how to get to the mushroom that i can see. in the basin, i've found two lock blocks that i can open with my key, but can't figure out how to get to the doors. 

any help with my next step and maybe where i should be looking? i'm thinking i'm supposed to either get this mushroom or find bombs. 

#35 Linkviii

Linkviii

Bad at games

• Members

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

I'm looking for a picture of a cute kirlia.

• TheOnlyOne and Wizzrobe like this

#36 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:13 PM

I'm looking for a picture of a cute kirlia.

Wait, that's a thing?

#37 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:30 PM

I'm really torn by this quest. So far, I've made it to the castle. One the one hand, I love the sense of exploration, and the joy that comes with solving some of the more cryptic secrets. On the other, there are a few things that irk me. There was a certain bombable wall leading to the candle that felt really unfair to me. I knew there had to be a bombable wall somewhere in that area, but it came down to just bombing every one to find it. Then there's the first boss... I'm gonna just admit that I guessed the cheat code for the quest and cheated my way past it a while. It's a cool concept, but in practice, it's an exercise in frustration. Even after you figure out his pattern, he hides within the circling boomerang attack so much that even during your chance to hit him, you can't really hit him. In the castle itself, I'm not a fan of the basement. It's like the awful basement of Lost Isle's castle made even worse by a lantern script that doesn't let you see enemies til you walk into them. And finally, the Lumen puzzle. I just hate those kinds of puzzles in general, and this one's no exception. Fingers crossed for it being optional...

So overall... I dunno. really liked it up to a certain point. The atmosphere is perfect, the overworld is well designed, and the puzzles are awesome. At the same time, I really hate certain aspects of it, such as the boss and the lantern script. I can't remember the last time I felt this conflicted over a quest.
  • TheOnlyOne and Shane like this

#38 TestRunner

TestRunner

• Members

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:32 PM

@Russ There was a strong hint where to place that bomb. It was basically the puzzle.

For that boss, there are many ways to fight him, and the trick is to try different combinations of items and strategies and see what works. No one "trick" will win the fight. When you have a good plan, it's not hard to win.

For the basement, just be more careful. The only enemy that doesn't create light moves very slowly. Also there's a light upgrade that will make your life a lot easier.

The sliding block puzzle is one of many different puzzles, and I'm not surprised that some people won't like them all. Just be patient, those puzzles aren't hard, just slow. Take a screenshot of the reference and do two squares at a time.

Edited by TestRunner, 30 May 2016 - 02:48 PM.

#39 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

Wait, that's a thing?

OH GOD

OH GOD

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

#40 Linkviii

Linkviii

Bad at games

• Members

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:51 PM

There was a certain bombable wall leading to the candle that felt really unfair to me. I knew there had to be a bombable wall somewhere in that area, but it came down to just bombing every one to find it.

I think there was kind of a hint as to where to bomb in the underwater. I assume it was a hint at least.

#41 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:27 PM

Don't use your candle. Candle allows him to track, attack, and dodge you.

Get a bomb refill before the fight.

Hit him in the dark after he uses his circle boomerang attack until health is at yellow. Spam sword.

Once yellow, avoid him until he uses circle boomerang attack. Slash boomerang hit him when he goes to pick it up. Run.

Once red, hit his boomerang and place a bomb.

This is helping but I only once got him to red.  How are people seriously beating this?  This boss is ridiculously hard and almost impassable.  I like to see video's of people beating this boss.... if you have more than 5 heart containers, where are you getting them? 

Edited by matski, 30 May 2016 - 03:48 PM.

#42 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

Remember, dodongos are bosses, and as such they Stay Dead™. Think about what triggers the boss fight.

As for the boss itself, I actually just spammed the bombs and candle shot at the start. I got him down to about 1/3 health before his first attack that way.

#43 deme

deme

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:57 PM

Have you tried using your bombs? Try using them on the screen right of the entrance screen.

oh thanks.. now i have trouble with the boss :D

Edited by deme, 30 May 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#44 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:02 PM

I pushed a minor update to the quest. Slightly lowered some boss damage and HP, and the fairy statues should refill bombs once you've found them. Hopefully I didn't break anything horribly in the process.

#45 Yeto

Yeto

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:29 PM

What can I do here??? (spoilers inside). I think it hasn´t solution or I missed something

http://postimg.org/image/ybu96a1ff/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users